Hero Pens - Why?

Blue_Moon

Now, to more important issues. I don't like yogurt ! I don't like soccer ! What's the big deal with spoiled milk and guys who can't throw ?

:notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1:

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TSherbs

• paultyler_82

• wastelanded

• gweimer1

Someone here that knows something about computer history.

I was at PARC for the anniversary celebration in 1998 or 1999. I forget which.

I've had the opportunity to play with many fun old computers, the Xerox Alto and Star as well as the Apple Lisa among those. I might add, the Lisa, Jobs' pet project before it's cancellation and his move to the Mac team, is an absolute junker, though that seems to be more of a result of the Lisa software being much more overtaxing than the Mac's

If you ever get the opportunity, I highly recommend playing around with A/UX, Apple's UNIX. Imagine fully SystemV compatible UNIX with the old Macintosh Finder interface grafted onto it and a UNIX-native filesystem with extensions allowing some of Mac's HFS weirdness to coexist.

Edited by paultyler_82

<em class='bbc'>I started nowhere, ended up back there. I caught a fever and it burned up my blood. It was a pity, I left the city; I did me some travelin' but it's done me no good.</em> - Buffalo Clover "The Ruse"

It seems to me that the reason the Hero pen company exists is that in China fountain pens are still the dominant choice of writing instruments and it, therefore, has a potential customer list of a billion people or so. These pens are also affordable in China where most of what we in the West see as inexpensive or budget pens would be considered expensive there.

Even in the highly unlikely event that copyright authorities in every other country in the world got their knickers in a twist in the same way as the OP this company would continue to manufacture many millions of pens for domestic consumption and never miss the business of those who feel they have somehow "stolen" or "counterfitted" design elements that are in the public domain. If, indeed, Newell Rubbermaid thought Hero was violating their rights they would have been after them a long time ago - the fact that they haven't speaks volumes to me.

(I don't own and can't see myself ever owning a Hero pen but have no brief with anyone who does or wants to.)

Regards,

Brian

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

I don't understand why Hero pens exist. I confess that I don't know much about them, other than they copy legitimate companies' designs - Lamy, Parker, Mont Blanc,

Maybe because much of the world population cannot afford to pay more than 1 usd on a writing instrument that can break in a second( this was especially true before the introduction of the ballpoint).

But, despite being too poor to ever dream of owning a real Parker, people needed fountain pens for writing. They needed something cheap and that wrote good. So no wonder this brand is called "Hero", even i learned writing with one of them. Many kids did the same- probably still do.

The OP`s question actually reminds me of a famous reply:"Let the eat cake !"

So for all those who earn too little to buy a 90 dollar Sonnet, i say: Let them buy Montblancs !

Edited by rochester21

Maybe because much of the world population cannot afford to pay more than 1 usd on a writing instrument that can break in a second( this was especially true before the introduction of the ballpoint).

But, despite being too poor to ever dream of owning a real Parker, people needed fountain pens for writing. They needed something cheap and that wrote good. So no wonder this brand is called "Hero", even i learned writing with one of them.

The OP`s question actually reminds me of a famous reply:"Let the eat cake !"

So for all those who earn too little to buy a 90 dollar Sonnet, i say: Let them buy Montblancs !

or "Let them eat Montblancs!" ;)

this thread bothers me, it makes me keep having to "mark this forum read" just to get rid of it constantly popping to the top.

in other news, i just yesterday ordered my second Hero 329. can't have just one of my favorite pen, i need a spare of the best writer i've ever tried.

this thread bothers me, it makes me keep having to "mark this forum read" just to get rid of it constantly popping to the top.

in other news, i just yesterday ordered my second Hero 329. can't have just one of my favorite pen, i need a spare of the best writer i've ever tried.

Why did you participate in the first place If this thread bothers you?

mostly just to brag about the new Hero pen i'm waiting for, and briefly explain why i like the brand. cheap pens that write well, what's not to like about that?

I believe lynxcat meant how often the forum tech makes the thread pop up? I know I'm getting a lot of inbox notices.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

briefly explain why i like the brand. cheap pens that write well, what's not to like about that?

I very much agree on that I've tried 20 odd pens know in that there have been pricier pens such as a Pelikan M200. Cross Century II, Parker Sonnet etc. But the pen I use the most and enjoy the most cost me only £7 showing as much people big up pricier pens there excellent that can be found for a fraction of the cost of them.