International - Cooperative - Unobtainable - (I C U) Ink Review - Black Amber

amberleadavis

I don't know how to make what I have left of the 16% into 8%. My guess is I have 0.75 ml according to the vial.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• zoniguana

• napalm

• Tas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Add that same amount of water? That should halve the concentration/double the dilution from 16 to 8%...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Sanity check on nib size... This time the Pilot Elite that had Black Amber is loaded with Platinum Blue Black. The Pilot Black and Kobe Tamon are the same pens as used in the previous tests. The Asa Gao is also a Japanese fine. The Pilot Elite behaves here like the other Japanese F sized pens, nothing suspicious. So it was the Black Amber ink that was causing the excessive line width (not a defective / out of size nib).

post-114056-0-07896800-1405872148_thumb.jpg

Hmm.... this one was the hardest to mix, but it too has a fan base.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Please send me a PM if you want to be one of the Inky Fab 50.

At this point, please bear in mind my status as a Minion. Yes, I know the source of Susemai. Yes, the current price for that info is $1,000,000 USD. No, I won't take a check.

Okay, on to the important stuff.

Amber will be mixing up the remaining 9 powders to be mailed out in pipettes inside padded envelopes. All 9 inks in liquid form in one, final, glorious mailing. If you have already given Amber your name and mailing address, great. Otherwise, she will need that information.

Please be patient. This could take awhile to get everything mixed, pipetted and packed. The payment will need to be a gift to me through PayPal. The earlier you pay, the less I will have to be a nudge. As you can read, this new, powdered fountain pen ink is quite the bee's knees, you really don't want to miss this amazing opportunity to be one of a select handful of ink users world wide to be a beta tester!

USA cost is $3.20 -- Everywhere else is $10USD.

A point of clarification. Amberlea has the large heart of a true inky enabler. This exciting new, Super Secret Maker of Ink (SuSeMai) powder became available and she knew only one thing. She had to share it with all her inky friends here on FPN. She might have under estimated the inky demand, or being distracted by the neon lights flashing on "The Strip" and had a hard time saying "Help!" That's not the point, and the truth will perhaps forever remain a mystery. What is certain is that she soldiers on, mixing powder into liquid bliss, late into the night. She will get these final 9 ink powders out to the lucky "Fab 50" - rest easy on that account. Now, however, she needs your "gift" for supplies and postage. She tried valiantly to accomplish the inky love by using pipettes in regular envelopes, to save on supplies and postage. This only resulted in a completely different kind of inky love distribution that was not, well, good for all concerned. World peace through inky love. You can be a part. Sign up today!

SPECIAL NOTICE! Susemai starts as a powder and Amber mixes it with water. You will receive samples of her liquified powder. If all goes well, Susemai will be available for future purchase as powder. SPECIAL NOTICE!

With the final nine ink samples, the game has changed. Even if you were a tester for the first four inks, you need to request to be included in the "Fab 50". We're trying to make the process as painless as possible.

Thank you all for your patience and participation!

Edited by Sinistral1

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Oh damn, I assumed that signing up for Blue Amber meant I would be signed up for all the Susema inks. Oh well...

Oh damn, I assumed that signing up for Blue Amber meant I would be signed up for all the Susema inks. Oh well...

Some people wanted to try them all, some wanted to try just one. Be sure to sign up for the latest nine if you are interested.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

A few more Fab 50 tester spots are available - come, join the fun!! Send me or Amber a PM if you want in on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!!

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Today, I sent Amber my review sheets of the first version of Black Amber. And am now awaiting the second version. Based on Cyber6's comment above, I can't wait! I love delicious and wet (inks! inks! you naughty people! :blush: )

cheryl

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_1060.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_1059.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_1058b.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_1058.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_1055.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_1054.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_1053.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/slides/2014-Ink_1050.jpg