Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Anyone Found A Similar Ink In Colour To Tsuki-Yo?

RPB

I'm thinking maybe Diamine Twilight Blue or even Eau De Nil could be a reasonable substitute for Tsuki-yo.

What are you thoughts? Have any of you used or use a good substitute colour ink instead of Tsuki-yo?

I'm addicted to it, It's an incredible ink and colour. I'm not saying I use a lot because i don't. In fact I bought a bottle in July 2012 and I still have half of it left and I write in my journal every day now. (Of course thats mixed colours between MB Royal Blue, MB Irish Green and Waterman Florida Blue)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Triplet Mom

• RPB

• Chrissy

• napalm

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be the original for me too.

There are currently some good prices on ebay for PI from Japan due to the US$ exchange rate..... B)

Edited by Chrissy

Have to agree with everyone else that there really is no substitute for the Tsuki-yo. Sailor has reissued the "Yama-dori" color which is somewhat similar, but has a red sheen to it when it dries.

The search for the perfect blue ink is a delicious and endless quest...

I have eau de nil and have used it a lot recently. To my eye it is a little greener than tsuki-yo. I am fond of the colour, it is well behaved and I would certainly recommend it to others. But if you love Tsuki-yo as your post would suggest, stick with it!

I may at risk of being a total enabler, but the thirty ml bottles of diamine are particularly reasonably priced if you wanted to try them out! If you are in the UK ordering four thirty ml bottles of ink from diamine is just over ten pounds with delivery included. I have fallen for it on numerous occasions. :)