• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JotterAddict62

• elysee

• Sinistral1

• EJKorvette

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jay Leno used to do a segment on _The Tonight Show_ where real (but bizarre) items were found listed on Ebay and the audience had to shout out whether they thought they item had sold or not. And some of the items were Seriously Out There....

I certainly would not look for (or bid on) an item such as this. But given how many times I've been in antiques stores where I've seen old rusty looking metal spice jars or cans that had contained motor oil, nothing really surprises me. A pen you can use. Antique or vintage jewelry or clothing you could wear (even if it's just for your kid's Halloween costume). But stuff like that I personally cannot fathom saving or using, unless you were doing set decoration for a movie or TV show and needed props (or were decorating a theme restaurant with memorabilia).

And I categorically draw the line at "vintage" kids' lunch boxes. Especially for shows that I grew up watching. I do not want to be reminded of large chunks of my childhood, or want to admit that I had even *heard* of some of these shows (let alone want to watch them).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Jay Leno used to do a segment on _The Tonight Show_ where real (but bizarre) items were found listed on Ebay and the audience had to shout out whether they thought they item had sold or not. And some of the items were Seriously Out There....

I certainly would not look for (or bid on) an item such as this. But given how many times I've been in antiques stores where I've seen old rusty looking metal spice jars or cans that had contained motor oil, nothing really surprises me. A pen you can use. Antique or vintage jewelry or clothing you could wear (even if it's just for your kid's Halloween costume). But stuff like that I personally cannot fathom saving or using, unless you were doing set decoration for a movie or TV show and needed props (or were decorating a theme restaurant with memorabilia).

And I categorically draw the line at "vintage" kids' lunch boxes. Especially for shows that I grew up watching. I do not want to be reminded of large chunks of my childhood, or want to admit that I had even *heard* of some of these shows (let alone want to watch them).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

I never had a lunch box I ate hot meals in school. I'm with you Ruth on the tin cans in the antique shops way too many and they sit in the shop forever. Sometimes the shops look like museums with price tags. I do buy at times useful kitchen items from time to time. Now for a young couple just starting out and into antique/vintage there are some shops I know of that a person/s could furnish a home with real quality furniture and all the kitchen ware you'll need for everyday.

The 1970's was the [ pet rock ] Buy a rock and keep warm and watered.

I did not have to buy one, I could just go to the railroad tracks and pick up all the rocks I could.

When pet rocks went out of vogue I converted mine to a weather rock. And it's always accurate, too!

(Weather rock: If it's wet, it's raining; if it's white, it's snowing, etc.)

When pet rocks went out of vogue I converted mine to a weather rock. And it's always accurate, too!

(Weather rock: If it's wet, it's raining; if it's white, it's snowing, etc.)

I know what a weather rock is. I use to use them when I was in scouts in the 70's.

You forgot one, when the rock is cracked in half kiss your backside goodbye.

Wow a pet rock for sale on ebay.

eBay item number:

eBay item number:

Is cute....

price is even cuter :wacko:

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Maybe it is time to sell my collection of origami rocks & boulders via E-bay. Anybody interested?

post-98371-0-50524300-1404629146.jpg

Edited by erpe

Maybe it is time to sell my collection of origami rocks & boulders via E-bay. Anybody interested?

No two are the same, is one of the selling points....

There is a shop selling a Montblanc Writers Edition outer box and booklet for $150.

Go figure.

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

@erpe, how much you want for the origami rock? I just love the way the light catches on the facets. Spellbinding. Are they limited editiions?

And just in case... :P

ERPE...WAIT!!! , whatever Cryptos offers, I'll cut it in half. And I'll pay in hula hoops and chia hair. Don't be fooled by a higher offer in cash!

"History Teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives." Abba Eban

I understand why someone may want to buy an empty pen box as her/his box may have been damaged or (s)he may have bought a pen/pencil without a box and I understand why someone may buy a broken vintage pen/pencil for spare parts, but, this is ridiculous: someone is selling a ripped/torn LL Bean paper bag into which one's purchase was put when shopping at an LL Bean Store.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LL-Bean-Outdoor-Specialties-Store-Shopping-Retail-Green-Gift-Bag-Medium-Tote-/321449791812?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ad7e69144

This auction with starting price of $0.25 and Buy It Now price of $0.99 for a ripped/torn paper bag is a wasteful, ridiculous eBay listing. What is even more ridiculous is that the seller is charging $4.75 for shipping this ripped/torn paper bag! Oh, (s)he will ship this ripped/torn paper bag worldwide!

What can this seller hope to gain???? Why sell a silly paper bag and then have to pay eBay fees and PayPal fees? It just makes no sense to me!

It makes no sense to me either.

eBay item number:

$3,500????? This seller is truly amazing and has no conscience!!! Great rip-off! What's next, a worn shoe with a face on it????? (As you might imagine, my head is shaking from side to side in disbelief.)

Actually, you could sell your origami rocks as pet toys for a pretty penny! Organic pet toys made from recycled materials. Pet-friendly and environment-friendly. What do you think? ; )

There is a shop selling a Montblanc Writers Edition outer box and booklet for $150.

Go figure.

Wow! That truly is ridiculous!

well, the seller does have 100% feedback, and a true 100% at that too, with zero negative and zero neutrals.

don't ebay sellers have to list a minimum number of listings in order to keep a power seller rating or something like that?

$3,500????? This seller is truly amazing and has no conscience!!! Great rip-off! What's next, a worn shoe with a face on it????? (As you might imagine, my head is shaking from side to side in disbelief.)

I can not be sure the pet rock is not a fake? Reproduction? Somebody out there is making fake pet rocks.

Speaking of worn shoes; I was at a flea market last month and saw a dealer selling worn shoes with dirt and a plant of some sort

for about $10 [ not sure on the price ] as I was laughing to myself. Are people still trying to sell the Brooklyn bridge?