From The Central Alleghenies Of Pennsylvania

Oldparkerguy

Hello to all the experienced writers and drawers around the FP “fire”. Come to think of it I had some fps in my younger days that should have been thrown in the fire.

Just learning lots of material here on the forum the last day or so.

Don’t have any high end pens just a few every day users: Parker 45s, TWISBI, Lamy Safari, etc

Write diary/journals, paper letters, and postcards often.

Just very pleased to have found this wealth of knowledge and friendly people who want to help each other sort through this FP use and enjoyment.

Regards, Sincerely, Dana

http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/postcard-mini.png http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oldparkerguy

• Sasha Royale

• WaskiSquirrel

• william2001

Welcome from a fellow Pennsylvanian! What's your favorite pen and ink combo?

Welcome to FPN!

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

Hi Dana. Greetings from northern California and a warm welcome to FPN. It's great to have you here with us.

"Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause." - Gandhi -

Hi Dana

Ehhh.... fountainpens in the FIRE??? :yikes: :wub: :bawl:

Anyway, :W2FPN:

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Welcome from a fellow Pennsylvanian! What's your favorite pen and ink combo?

Maybe the TWSBI 1.1 stub and Noodlers Antietam. Then I guess the old Parker 45 with a stub and Pelikan Brilliant brown If I must choose.

http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/postcard-mini.png http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

Hi Dana

Ehhh.... fountainpens in the FIRE??? :yikes: :wub: :bawl:

Anyway, :W2FPN:

D.ick

I guess away back I had really cheap leakers, skippers, scratchers and the like and was under educated. Now idea how to improve them so they were trash but of course I STILL HAVE ‘EM.

:o :wacko:

Dana

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Glad to have you! I grew up to your north in Coudersport, PA, though I've lived in North Dakota for the last 15 years.

I caught your reference to "Alleghenies" right away!

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

Welcome !

After forty years, the Parker 45 is still the daily pen in my pocket. i have come to appreciate that some of the

early "cheaps" are well-made and can still give good service. Do have any of the old ones still ?

Write with joy.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Welcome to FPN! :W2FPN:

I am glad that you joined us today!

Please feel free to ask us anything about fountain pens and inks.

Please enjoy the forum,

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

Greetings from Pittsburgh!

I just refilled my Parker 45 this afternoon, and flushed out one of my Vectors. Ironically, that 45 came from a small antiques mall in Waski the Squirrel's old stomping grounds of Coudersport, a couple of summers ago (wasn't even sure what it was until I posted photos on here -- I only knew it was a Parker, and that it was the only pen in the box that looked somewhat decent). It was my first gold nibbed pen, a juicy medium, and I think my first semi-vintage pen.

My general advice is to spend some time looking at the new content -- that will give you a variety of topics in manageable chunks, until you figure out what you're interested in, and check out the Index thread in the Ink Review Forum.

This forum is full of friendly folks who will happily point you at their favorite pens, inks, and paper, and also walk you through simple repairs (or point you at their favorite experts and nibmeisters). Of course we are all also complete enablers, who will happily separate you from your cash (there's even a Classifieds forum, although I haven't taken advantage of it myself...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Welcome !

After forty years, the Parker 45 is still the daily pen in my pocket. i have come to appreciate that some of the

early "cheaps" are well-made and can still give good service. Do have any of the old ones still ?

Write with joy.

I have two that I bought in 1969 I don’t know when they first came out. I have a converter for each and sometimes fill cartridges with hypodermic. They do still work very well even with stubs.