Calamus plasticus

Hi all. Would you help me to compilate a list of pens that have a #8 nib, that is to say, the size of a MB 149 or Pelikan M1000 nib? I am interested in both vintage and modern pens from all over the world. Of course, if you know where such a list exists, just let me know. Thanks.

MB 149

Pelikan M1000

MB Hemingway

Soennecken 111 Extra

Matador Garant 998

Goldfink Imperial and Wunderfuller by Tom Westerich.

Astoria Goliath (new batch)

Delta Dolce Vita. OS

Additions from the thread:

Onoto Mammoth

Soennecken Präsident

Waterman 18 and 58

Montegrappa Extra y Montegrappa Extra 1930

GVFC Pen of the Year and Wood Intuition

Mabie Todd Big Blackbird

Osmia Supra 448

Newton Pens Orville

Edited by Calamus plasticus

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calamus plasticus

• sansenri

• FarmBoy

• maclink

I probably have a list somewhere I will post it as soon as I find it...

but the pen that comes to my mind immediately is

LeBeouf, American pen from Springfield mass.

Good luck !

Deltas made for Chatterley pens. Have 2 & there's a 3rd just came out.

Oh yeah: that one in the Città Reale celluloid... what a pen.

Not the Spennecken 111 Extra (though the nib is large!), but the Prasident 1.....

Hi all. Would you help me to compilate a list of pens that have a #8 nib, that is to say, the size of a MB 149 or Pelikan M1000 nib? I am interested in both vintage and modern pens from all over the world. Of course, if you know where such a list exists, just let me know. Thanks.

MB 149
Pelikan M1000
MB Hemingway
Soennecken 111 Extra
Matador Garant 998

"Writing is 1/3 nib width & flex, 1/3 paper and 1/3 ink. In that order."Bo Bo Olson

"No one needs to rotate a pen while using an oblique, in fact, that's against the whole concept of an oblique, which is to give you shading without any special effort."Professor Propas, 24 December 2010

"IMHO, the only advantage of the 149 is increased girth if needed, increased gold if wanted and increased prestige if perceived. I have three, but hardly ever use them. After all, they hold the same amount of ink as a 146."FredRydr, 12 March 2015

"Surely half the pleasure of life is sardonic comment on the passing show."Sir Peter Strawson

The Waterman 18 and 58 have #8 nibs. I have a 56, and it's the largest nib in any of my pens, old or new, so I'm thinking that a #8 would be even bigger.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

The Waterman 18 and 58 have #8 nibs. I have a 56, and it's the largest nib in any of my pens, old or new, so I'm thinking that a #8 would be even bigger.

And a #10 Waterman is bigger, and a Parker #12 bigger still.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Sheaffer PFM, Legacy, Legacy 2, Legacy Heritage.

Montegrappa Extra, Extra 1930.

GVFC Pen of the Year and Wood Intuition.

http://www.fototime.com/E53C6F2D0482746/large.jpg

My Website

I do not know if the Pilot #15 nibs are big enough to fit the bill, but they are quite large.

every now and then I miss that pen - like now:)

Osma Supra 448. (see my avatar)

"Writing is 1/3 nib width & flex, 1/3 paper and 1/3 ink. In that order."Bo Bo Olson

"No one needs to rotate a pen while using an oblique, in fact, that's against the whole concept of an oblique, which is to give you shading without any special effort."Professor Propas, 24 December 2010

"IMHO, the only advantage of the 149 is increased girth if needed, increased gold if wanted and increased prestige if perceived. I have three, but hardly ever use them. After all, they hold the same amount of ink as a 146."FredRydr, 12 March 2015

"Surely half the pleasure of life is sardonic comment on the passing show."Sir Peter Strawson

Newton Pens Orville

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

On an iPad and haven't mastered cut and paste of links. Search for:

Senator President

Jinhao 159

Deccan Masterpiece (Hari has a photo here on FPN dwarfing a 149)

Grieshaber had a #8 nib

Delta Dolce Vita OS, at least as I remember

gary

Edited by gary

Which Pens Have A Big #8 Nib?

Hmm..well I'm usin' me Bexley Prometheus and Montblanc Dumas...

They qualifiy.......................................................................................

Fred

we are defined by what we do with what we have..Carl Wilkens

Oh yeah: that one in the Città Reale celluloid... what a pen.

Yes but it is not a flexible nib and the quality of the workmanship on Deltas exception made of Chatterley pens is not what I would call stellar.

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• 3 weeks later...

It seems that I can't edit the original post anymore, so I update with some more additions from the thread:

Jinhao 159

Deccan Masterpiece

Newton Pens - Any model

Bexley Prometheus

MB Dumas

Senator Prasident

Grieshaber (model?)

MB 149

Pelikan M1000

MB Hemingway

Soennecken 111 Extra

Matador Garant 998

Delta Dolce Vita. OS

Additions from the thread:

Onoto Mammoth

Soennecken Präsident

Waterman 18 and 58

Montegrappa Extra y Montegrappa Extra 1930

GVFC Pen of the Year and Wood Intuition

Mabie Todd Big Blackbird

Osmia Supra 448

Newton Pens Orville

I can put the #8 nibs in any of my pens. :)

Heyheyhey! An ebonite Eastman with a nr. 8 nib... or transparent lucite... here is an idea for the future, when my credit card recovers from some recent purchases :-)