• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morames

• Agge

• WaskiSquirrel

• discopig

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hm … don`t quite get what`s so special about this nib?

It doesn`t seem more flexible then the other Noodler`s nibs.

Has 3 tines, so what?

It should lay down a nice wet, thick line as well as a thin line (think music notes), which is very attractive to me personally.

Then there are three things about Noodler's;

First, judging by the other pens they have put out, it will most likely look really cool/pretty

Second, it will probably be under $100.00 (I think someone said $75 is the price point - the music nibs from other current manufactures are quite a bit more costly making it all but unattainable for those of us on a budget)

Third, it has taken so long for them to come out with this pen that it is like a heroic adventure of some sort. I am actually loosing my mind over the, "It's coming, it's not here" thing, so when they finally do hit the shelves it will feel like a personal triumph at this point even though all I ever did was wait impatiently for it. :lticaptd:

IIRC!!!

The first run will be around 75$ ebonite body and personally inspected by Nathan. The future runs will be around 40$ the same material as the standard Ahab but otherwise the same as the first run and arriv some months after the first.

Sorry I do not remember who or where I got that info but I think I remember it correct.

It should lay down a nice wet, thick line as well as a thin line (think music notes), which is very attractive to me personally.

To me too, but I don`t see how this nib is in any way better than the usual Noodler`s flex nibs - am I missing something?

Will the ink flow at least be better than in an unmodified Noodler`s pen?

I own six Noodler`s pens & am also curious what he comes up with next.

Thing is, I calculated, that the new pen -shipped to Europe- will end up costing me around 130 $ (shipping + 19% tax).

That would be a relatively expensive tool, in my book.

Just looking for reasons, why it might be worth a purchase in spite of price

Edited by Polanova

the worst part is not knowing.

were they lost in the mail to the distributor? damaged?

was Nathan on his boat with them and accidentally knocked them over into the sea?

or are they just simply still being adjusted?

and i surly hope if this pen does get a launch that the ebonite version isn't limited to only the first batch/s.

the ebonite with the Ahab filling system is just as important to me as the nib and feed on this pen for me.

To me too, but I don`t see how this nib is in any way better than the usual Noodler`s flex nibs - am I missing something?

Will the ink flow at least be better than in an unmodified Noodler`s pen?

I own six Noodler`s pens & am also curious what he comes up with next.

Thing is, I calculated, that the new pen -shipped to Europe- will end up costing me around 130 $ (shipping + 19% tax).

That would be a relatively expensive tool, in my book.

Just looking for reasons, why it might be worth a purchase in spite of price

From what I understand, the feed is specially designed and has two channels instead of one. Also the nib has been in the works for quite some time and will provide a great deal of line variation, you know not vintage but pretty great for a modern pen/nib. So the special feed combined with the music nib should provide pretty amazing line variation with ink flow that can keep up.

I for one am trying not to work myself into a tizzy waiting for this pen :P

yeah, I`ve looked at a couple videos - the feed seems to be better!

Still, the price worries me… shouldn`t I rather go vintage & get a real wet noodle pen? (Questioning myself here)

Also, as a sketch pen, the enormous size is not an advantage.

Hm, hm, hm ... :unsure:

Polanova:

If you get an vintage pen you have to worry about microfractures in the gold of the nib and that might cost more than you paid for the pen to repair.

I personally hadn't thought about the import tax but hopefully I can get away with 100-120$ including import tax when importing one to sweden.

....some months after the first.

"Some months" here is the same amount of time it takes for Christmas to arrive when you are 6 years old.

• 2 weeks later...

Each day that goes past really does make we wonder whether I will be quick enough to purchase... and then I might have to wait until 2015! Ahhhh

I have it on good authority that the Neponset is still 2 months out :(

Okay, but out from what? And which months? My guess at this point would be out from the year A.D. 3978, and the months are two of the big months with 31 days.