Noodler's Neponset Is Coming

Morames

It looks like the Noodler's Neponset is coming in just a week or two and will cost around $75.00. Anyone else quite excited about this? I personally can't wait to see the colors and styles it'll be coming out in. I know some of us here have been waiting years for these to come out. If I hear anything else about them I'll post it here.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morames

• Agge

• jjlax10

• discopig

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are these the music nibs pens I've been hearing about for a long time?

“Left-handers are wired into the artistic half of the brain, which makes them imaginative, creative, surprising, ambiguous, exasperating, stubborn, emotional, witty, obsessive, infuriating, delightful, original, but never, never, dull" James T deKay and Sandy Huffaker

:yikes: You wouldn't kid us around about that, would you? And you're right--I emailed to get on a waiting list years ago!

I'd been looking for info on it, but didn't find anything--obviously I didn't know where to look. hee Happy you posted the info! Thank you.

"The Neponset's MSRP will be $75.00. I have been told to hold

off another week on the Neponset's to sell but it should be soon."

I'm basing this off an email from a primary supplier sent me. I recently emailed them by accident, well not realizing who it was specifically I was emailing. So I believe them due to who they are.

I can't confirm the nib, just assuming due to the name and the rumors we've been hearing for years associated with it.

I own a Neponset: a prototype. I love the thing. I have a review written up, but I haven't gotten out the scanner yet to copy it. I'll just say that it really is an awesome pen. It is a music nib, and the ink just pours out of it.

Very excited to see Mr. Tardiff release this pen.

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

I like the idea of a music nib, but from what I've heard the Neponset pens are going to be much bigger than I'd be comfortable writing with. How much bigger and longer (and heavier) are they than the ebonite Konrads? Because I was worried that the one I bought was going to be too big and top heavy but it turned out to be a perfect-sized pen for me.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I like the idea of a music nib, but from what I've heard the Neponset pens are going to be much bigger than I'd be comfortable writing with. How much bigger and longer (and heavier) are they than the ebonite Konrads? Because I was worried that the one I bought was going to be too big and top heavy but it turned out to be a perfect-sized pen for me.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

I photographed my prototype with a Konrad. Unfortunately, I didn't read your post closely enough until just now to see that you said, "ebonite." However, the acrylic Konrads are pretty much the same size and shape.

Anyway, unless you write posted (which isn't nice with the Neponset), these pens are actually pretty close. I didn't find the Neponset heavy at all. The Neponset may have a little more girth. Sorry about the quality. I quickly snapped these with an iPad camera on my kitchen table.

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx142/waski_the_squirrel/pens3_zps57b8582f.jpg

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx142/waski_the_squirrel/pens2_zps6852b2ef.jpg

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx142/waski_the_squirrel/pens1_zps9dcf62b0.jpg

Edited by Waski_the_Squirrel

Girth and music nibs would be right up my alley. Note the subjunctive. A lot of supposing going on.

Does the Neponset use an Ahab style filling system?

Yes it does. Interestingly, it also has a feed with a double channel.

I wonder how much of the beta pens will be reflected in the final pen. I imagine Nathan would use the Ahab push piston fill system because it allows for it to be converted into an eyedropper. This pen is going to use a ton of ink methinks. I'm excited to see what styles there are and materials used. The ebonite body, if he makes one, would probably provide the best ink flow.

I'm really excited about this. I've been waiting on this pen since I first saw people post about their prototypes on here.

Does anyone have any information as to what nib options will be available? Is there going to be both a flexible music nib version and a regular flexible nib?

Edited by discopig

So who is supposed to be selling these? Any clues?

Much Love--Virginia

Well I know the person I spoke to supplies the majority, if not all, the companies that carry Noodler's. She told me the Goulet's are one of the companies they supply to.

"The Neponset's are ebonite. For now the Neponsets will come in the one nib size. That does not mean that Nathan will not add more nib sizes in the future. We'll post on Twitter when the Neponset's are out so stay tuned."

I know this isn't a huge amount of information, but if it's going to be a music nib, then we know it's only going to be a music nib. I am curious to find out if this is a #6 nib or a bigger #8. If it's a #8 then I'll need to be creative if the music nib doesn't fit my needs.

Well I know the person I spoke to supplies the majority, if not all, the companies that carry Noodler's. She told me the Goulet's are one of the companies they supply to.

"The Neponset's are ebonite. For now the Neponsets will come in the one nib size. That does not mean that Nathan will not add more nib sizes in the future. We'll post on Twitter when the Neponset's are out so stay tuned."

I know this isn't a huge amount of information, but if it's going to be a music nib, then we know it's only going to be a music nib. I am curious to find out if this is a #6 nib or a bigger #8. If it's a #8 then I'll need to be creative if the music nib doesn't fit my needs.

I really hope they go with the Music nib!

A $75 pen from Noodlers? Given their reputation for quality control, the mind reels.

ron

Assuming it's a music nib-pen, the R&D needed on Nathan's part to recreate a music nibbed pen in his steel alloy might explain it...