Noodlers Bad Blue Heron

RPB

I just ordered a bottle of Bad Blue Heron from pure pens.co.uk

I wanted the wonderful Prime of the Commons however this is out of stock and they cannot get a hold of Noodlers to get more of it.

I have a 2ml sample of this ink and love it. Compared to Tsuki-yo it is really a good colour.

I hope the Bad Blue Heron has the same effect on me! Your thoughts anyone?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randal6393

• RPB

• A144

• Buzz_130

Bad Blue Heron is one of the "Anti-forger" cheque-writing inks that Nathan makes. I haven't used it but I have Bad Blue Kingfisher and Bad Green Gator. Love BBK and tolerate BGG. So would suggest running a few tests on the Heron and noting the things you like versus the things you don't very carefully.

In general, people either love Noodler's inks or hate them. Very few in-betweens. Hope that the Heron is close to the Prime of the Commons that you love. If you find that you aren't too fond of the BBH, might suggest trying Navy or one of the other Noodler's Blue-Blacks. It may be that a regular ink will be better behaved in your pens than the security line of inks.

Best of luck to you,

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

BBH was my very first bottle of fountain pen ink. As my taste in pens evolved, BBH was a consistent source of ink through nearly an entire journal. It's a very good color, dries quickly, and works well with many of the modern pens that i started with (Lamy Safari and 2k).

Buzz

I love BBH. Decent flow. Good color. Great shading. And just laughs at water. It does change color pretty drastically on different papers. That is one reason it is so hard to get a good idea of what it looks like by looking at reviews. It's dusty on better paper and more vivid on lower quality paper. I like it dustier. I actually darken it sometimes with x-feather to a nice blue black.

I have a sample of BBH. I have a bottle of BBK and like the color better than Heron. I didn't have any performance issues with either of these really. Both performed on paper better than BGG, which I have a bottle of and really like the grey-green color.

So many inks, so little time...

I have a sample of BBH. I have a bottle of BBK and like the color better than Heron. I didn't have any performance issues with either of these really. Both performed on paper better than BGG, which I have a bottle of and really like the grey-green color.

Sounds like my experience. Love the color of BGG but it isn't as sharp an ink as I would like, tends to "play outside the track of the pen". But, that's one of the fun aspects of Noodler's. One ink may be fantastic, can't stand the next.

Enjoy,

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

Sounds like my experience. Love the color of BGG but it isn't as sharp an ink as I would like, tends to "play outside the track of the pen". But, that's one of the fun aspects of Noodler's. One ink may be fantastic, can't stand the next.

Enjoy,

Outside the track of the pen is a good way to describe it. I guess it's kind of like BSB: I put up with its downfalls because I love the color.

So many inks, so little time...

RPB, I have Prime of the Commons and am not very taken with it. PM me and I would be happy to split it with you.