A Few Ghosts....

napalm

That's a delicate work of art. Thanks for the tips specially about diluting the inks. i do have most of the things including brushes, but I had not thought of using diluted inks. You most work as an illustrator and if not, you should. You are very generous, it is so uplifting to find good people willing to share in a forum.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• TheRealScubaSteve

• HalloweenHJB

• napalm

This is great Thanks! I think I see a melted pizza watch in the lower left, No?

fpn_1410051358__dalighosta.jpg

'Arr matey, walk the plank!

IMG_20141007_204414.jpg

Matisse. This should count for five ghosts :P

fpn_1412561817__matisse1.jpg

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Zee_Work_Of_Zee_Others/Avatar/slides/aakwbd.jpg

I think I'm going print these out for Halloween; great work people.

Ms Amberlea, this one's for you :D

http://s3.favim.com/orig/45/dead-funny-ghost-pacman-sketch-Favim.com-402051.jpg

Edited by stevesurf

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

Napalm, your tips made a great difference. not a work of art, but better. I had almost all the tools and was

Watercolour pencils work equally well. Some tips to get you started quickly with postcards for the family:

- Draw the outlines with a HB graphite pencil; be light handed and use an eraser to correct until you get them right

- Draw over the pencil lines with a waterproof fine liner; for this size (postcard) a Sakura Pigma Micron 02 or 03 will work great (or your favorite brand in a 0.2-.3mm width)

- Erase the pencil marks that were left; a black eraser work best (such as a Staedtler black Rasoplast); the white polymer ones may smudge

- Now you're ready to color it - be light on color, you need just to suggest it, don't go overboard with dark heavy applications

Have fun!

P.S. You can use an (E)F nib FP with Platinum Carbon Black ink instead of the fine liner; and diluted FP inks instead of watercolors. You'll need a brush though, there's no way around it :P

Napalm, Your tips made a great difference. I had almost all the tools and was not using them. i am not very careful on my sketches and my pulse is not so steady, but i see a difference by following some of your tips. Thanks! Watercolor pencils still don't cut it but that's what i have for now.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/anangeli/DRAWINGS/AstronautSampGoblingscopy_A_zpsffddc41d.jpg

Steve, you crack me up!

Everyone else, great work! PM me for my address to send the ghosts and I'll send you back paper!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

LM pumpkin AO

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

All of this pressure is going to make me crack.

IMG_20141013_004647.jpg

I wish there was a place to do "LKES" for these!!! OMG There is a lot of creativity here.

All of this pressure is going to make me crack.

IMG_20141013_004647.jpg

This is most egg-citing!

VincentPriceEgghead.jpg

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

Here's my latest masterpiece titled "Holy Color Bleed." I'm going to mail them Wednesday. Ignore my mention of including SuSeMai ink sheets. I've decided to keep them temporarily due to a new discovery.

IMG_20141015_013516.jpg

Edited by TheRealScubaSteve

A few more ghosts (sorry folks, no FP inks, Saturday is Brush Day :P ):

fpn_1410051358__dalighosta.jpg

OMG, is there a 1920x1200 wallpaper size of this?

thanks

IMG_20141010_223922.jpg

Wow I just now realized as I saw it cropped in Amber's avatar that the moon is Pac-Man. I did see this picture when you originally posted it, :blush:

I am very impressed by all the artwork that has been posted to this thread.

EDIT: corrected typo

Edited by vossad01

Thanks, this is Pac Man inspired from a sketch I saw done of a cartoon movie. I've never seen it and already forget - something Christmas I think. The pumpkins were originally carved as ghosts, too, but the color bleed ruined them. The girl on the left in the dress is supposed to be Inky, but she looks more like an alien, I'm afraid. :lticaptd: Side views are still very much a work in progress.

P.S. Amberlea, I found the letter that I was supposed to include with the sketches I sent you on my desk. Apparently, I've already been cracked. I'm going to blame this ink testing business but really it's due to my own excitement. :yikes:

Edited by TheRealScubaSteve