Where Can I Buy Midori Md Light Notebooks In The Usa?

Henry 20001

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could buy the Midori MD Notebook Light A5 (ruled) notebooks in the US or via a website that ships to the US?

Here is the official Midori MD Notebook LIGHT page.

The closest I got after exhaustive searching was The Journal Shop in the UK, but they haven't had A5's in stock in a long time.

I would appreciate any leads any of you have. Thanks!

Henry

http://www.midori-japan.co.jp/md/en/products/swin/img/light_a5_yoko03.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Krisbecause

• Henry 20001

• cellmatrix

• dmourati

Top Posters In This Topic

Jet Pens perhaps? They seem to sell a wide variety of Japanese notebooks.

pencils.jp in Japan ships to US and I have ordered from them. The prices are excellent, well packed, I would do it again. It did take a bit of time to send them my proposed order, receive a proposed invoice now in US $ vs yen, me to send back, real invoice received, paid, and pkg received. It was a large order and think I wiped out some of their stock.... That was several months ago and I believe they have more US business so maybe quicker now. The time it took was well worth the money saved.

For a smaller, quicker order I have used gouletpens.com with great success. They also carry the Bandtiapple brand of notebooks for midori. They are of very nice quality and less expensive. Both the bandtiapple and midori papers are available from goulet at a discount if you buy in bulk.

Thanks for your responses. I emailed Maido, Jet and Goulet, but sadly no dice. I will email pencils.jp since they don't appear on their website.

Since you guys/gals seem to know a great deal about this, I was wondering if you are aware of alternative notebooks that are similar to the Midori MD Light A5 notebooks. I like that they are light and lie flat, since I'm a lefty. The pages are sewn, so no bulky binding. It doesn't seem like it is going to be possible to get them in the US, which is surprising, but I guess the global economy isn't completely global just yet!

http://www.thejournalshop.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/0/4/04md-notelight_01_2_1/Midori-MD-Notebook-Light-A5-Ruled-34.jpg

Henry asked about the MD Light version. Maido doesn't sell that noteook, at least not online.

My bad

You might consider the Nanami Writer, it's much bigger than those Midori's but it is A5, its Tomoe River paper, and it does lay flat.

http://www.nanamipaper.com/products/seven-seas-writer-tomoe-river-a5-journal-7mm-lines.html

I have one and really do enjoy it!

Just a thought from another southpaw :)

Oh my, that listing has reinvigorated my interest in the Gfeller cover. I had previously posted lamenting the dated nature of the Gfeller site and the lack of quality photos. Nanmi Paper has addressed both those issues.

Oh my, that listing has reinvigorated my interest in the Gfeller cover. I had previously posted lamenting the dated nature of the Gfeller site and the lack of quality photos. Nanmi Paper has addressed both those issues.

Not sure if I should say "you're welcome" or not lol since for me my wallet is getting tired of all my interest :)

Thanks for the tip Kris. I'll check it out.

Hope it helps. I know how hard it can be to find what you want