What Pens And Papers Give You Ultra Writing Experience

lzykramer

For me lately it is Italix fine cursive italic nib with Tomoe river papers, when I use them together, I called it "Writing Orgasm". I hope this is not too inappropriate haha. :P :P :P :P

Do any of you have similar feelings?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheModernGent

• cellmatrix

• lzykramer

• Gaslight

Yep, love my Goulet 1.1 italic nib in a Noodler's Konrad on cheap copy paper. With Noodler's Black. Great writing and as inexpensive a setup as you are likely to find.

Enjoy,

Yours,
Randal

From a person's actions, we may infer attitudes, beliefs, --- and values. We do not know these characteristics outright. The human dichotomies of trust and distrust, honor and duplicity, love and hate --- all depend on internal states we cannot directly experience. Isn't this what adds zest to our life?

Smooth paper (clairefontaine or rhodia), a wet ink (at the moment it's Sailor Jentle Grenade) and my TWSBI Vac 700 with 1,5mm stub, this thing is soooo smooth I could write all day with it :wub:

What a strange world we live in, where people communicate by text more than ever before, yet the art of proper handwriting is seen as a thing from the past.

http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

Wet Pelikan M200 +Apica + Pelikan 4001 Turquoise = Joy.

Rhodia + Clairefontaine are smooth, but they seem to hard bring out the worst in my nibs :(

Edited by superglueshoe

Smooth paper (clairefontaine or rhodia), a wet ink (at the moment it's Sailor Jentle Grenade) and my TWSBI Vac 700 with 1,5mm stub, this thing is soooo smooth I could write all day with it :wub:

How are you liking the Grenade?

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

My LAMY Safari 1.1, or TWSBI 580 with Noodler's Heart of Darkness on Clairefontaine Séyès French Ruled wirebound A4 notebook.

As good as it gets.

Waterman Carene with Noodler Nikita in a Fabriano book and I was in heaven, then I did Parker 45 + Parker Permanent Blue on Clairefontaine and I haven't purchased a pen since - haven't even looked or considered - it has been something else.

Parker 51 / DC Supershow Blue / Crane Kidd-finish paper. Only family gatherings, sex, and birth of a child are better.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Wet Pelikan M200 +Apica + Pelikan 4001 Turquoise = Joy.

Rhodia + Clairefontaine are smooth, but they seem to hard bring out the worst in my nibs :(

I find my pens write so much better on Apica too, especially fine nibs. On Rhodia they hard start a bit, but hard start a lot on Clairefontaine.

Pretty much anything pen I own on Tomoe River. I'll use my Rhodia and Clairefonatine for letters and looseleaf, but my journals and work notebooks are all now Tomoe River.

I find my pens write so much better on Apica too, especially fine nibs. On Rhodia they hard start a bit, but hard start a lot on Clairefontaine.

Love Apica!

Franklin-Christoph, Italix, and Pilot pens are the best!
Iroshizuku, Diamine, and Waterman inks are my favorites!

Apica, Rhodia, and Clairefontaine make great paper!

Rhodia and Tomoe River paper are my favorites! Then to top it off I like using my Left hand Oblique nibs on them! and as of late I am liking my Sailor inks to round out the bases!

I've been using my Doric and Waterman 94 almost exclusively lately. I'm pretty much a Rhodia only guy as far as paper goes anymore, occasionally Clairefontaine but I find it's not quite as smooth as their Rhodia branded paper for whatever reason. I also really enjoy the dot grid :)

As far as ink goes, I've been through too many to name lately but 9/10 are Diamine, and I recently re-discovered that regular ol' Quink Black isn't half bad either. I especially like it in the Jet Black Doric, snazzy.....

Pen: a p51 cursive italic

Paper: dollar tree composition books and writing paper. Dollar tree is softer and smoother to write on than rhodia or clairefontaine. It's very much like Tomoe river in that regard. However dollar tree paper holds line variation, the ink shades and appears more vivid compared to Tomoe. I've always loved the soft feel of Tomoe river but have been disappointed in its tendency to widen the lines, compared to rhodia/clairefontaine, reducing my italic line variation. Dollar tree to me is the best of both worlds. It does not hurt that it's dirt cheap too. Penny a page anyone? :)

Edit to add: excuse me I meant half a penny a page :))

Edited by cellmatrix

Pen: a p51 cursive italic

Paper: dollar tree composition books and writing paper. Dollar tree is softer and smoother to write on than rhodia or clairefontaine. It's very much like Tomoe river in that regard. However dollar tree paper holds line variation, the ink shades and appears more vivid compared to Tomoe. I've always loved the soft feel of Tomoe river but have been disappointed in its tendency to widen the lines, compared to rhodia/clairefontaine, reducing my italic line variation. Dollar tree to me is the best of both worlds. It does not hurt that it's dirt cheap too. Penny a page anyone? :)

Edit to add: excuse me I meant half a penny a page :))

Wow, that's some endorsement!! Guess that I am going to drive over on my lunch break and see what this is all about.

Yes a dollar is not a lot to lose if you don't like it. Be sure to look for the made in India label. One caveat: while pens with controlled flow, like my p51 and Japanese pens like platinum and Nakaya do fine with this paper, super wet pens, like my broad mb149 or my super wet parker 45 will show some bleed thru. So it's good to keep this in mind.

Yes a dollar is not a lot to lose if you don't like it. Be sure to look for the made in India label. One caveat: while pens with controlled flow, like my p51 and Japanese pens like platinum and Nakaya do fine with this paper, super wet pens, like my broad mb149 or my super wet parker 45 will show some bleed thru. So it's good to keep this in mind.

Sounds great. I have a 51 and an old Waterman which are both quite restrained. Thanks again for the rec!

Edited by furious