A Hello Kitty Pen For Over $3K

How rare or special is this pen? Cannot believe this.

Search for:

Hello kitty ARITA YAKI Fountain pen

On EBbay

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lamyrada

• Bigeddie

• ArchiMark

• inkstainedruth

Top Posters In This Topic

Sailor Arita pens are porcelain and are generally made to order, they can range in price to more than double the pen you are talking about. Given the number of Hello Kitty fans there are out there I think it's quite reasonable!

I'll stick to my bic.

14168713260_b5b86806bd.jpg

The Kitty by Bigeddie100, on Flickr

Edited by Bigeddie

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love. -Carl Sagan

inkstainedruth

Sorry, no. Not buying it (the pen *or* the concept...). No "Hello Kitty" ANYTHING is worth 3K :sick:

There was a thread a year or two back about a pink Hello Kitty FP going for something like $300 on Ebay. And it was actually a relatively attractive looking. Except of course for the price. And the fact that it said "Hello Kitty" on it....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

superglueshoe

Sorry, no. Not buying it (the pen *or* the concept...). No "Hello Kitty" ANYTHING is worth 3K :sick:

There was a thread a year or two back about a pink Hello Kitty FP going for something like $300 on Ebay. And it was actually a relatively attractive looking. Except of course for the price. And the fact that it said "Hello Kitty" on it....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

I wouldn't buy it more for the fact that it's porcelain rather than it's got hello kitty on it. That thing is a $3000 accident waiting to happen

UPDATE . I forgot to say this on the original.... I contacted the seller and asked WHY? In a few minutes the item was taken down. (maybe he was checking if he did a mistake).His answer was short and not fully sintax correct. "This one ...Highly item" he said. Then I looked at the item again a couple of hours later and it was up again.

I looked back again a few secs ago...Gone! -- And besides "economy shipping on a $3K item" ?

Edited by Lamyrada