Dutch/benelux/european/worldwide Ink (Sample) Exchange?

I did a search on the forum and found a US, British and South Korean ink (sample) exchange, but nothing that covers my neck of the woods (well, at least not in the 10 pages of results my search returned).

I see pictures and read descriptions of inks pretty much daily. Many of them leave me curious about how they are in the analog world. Unfortunately, many of these inks (e.g. Noodlers) are not available here and I simply don't have the budget to buy every ink I'd like to try.

I really can't imagine I'm the only one with this problem, so I'd like to know if there are other folks here that would be interested in swapping ink samples.

Myself, I'm interested in both samples to use and samples of real world usage of an ink (as the latter would seriously reduce mail costs, sending a small package abroad is almost as expensive as a 80ml bottle of Diamine here in the Netherlands. I was thinking about maybe creating some kind of template/form that participants can print out and fill in with the ink in question, so you always know what to expect).

My (fairly limited) collection of inks consists of:

Diamine Emerald

Diamine Red Dragon

Diamine Royal Blue

J. Herbin Eclat de Saphir

J. Herbin Orange Indien

J. Herbin Poussiere de Lune

J. Herbin Rouge Bourgogne

Hero 232 Blue-black (iron-gall)

Pelikan 4001 Brilliant black

Rohrer & Klingner Blu Mare

Rohrer & Klingner Helianthus

Rohrer & Klingner Magenta

Sailor Jentle Blue-black

So, anyone interested in something like this?

... Never underestimate the power of human stupidity ...

Keep track of the progress in my quest for a less terrible handwriting here: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/262105-handwriting-from-hell-a-quest-for-personal-improvement/?do=findComment&comment=2917072

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Coop

• Nanya

• KaB

• wijko

Top Posters In This Topic

You may find that some folks in the various Ink Exchange threads are happy to send Worldwide... or at least within the EU... providing the number of samples is reasonable. I am post #57 in the British Ink Exchange thread and you can PM me if you spot something you like the look of.

I'd love to help out.

Let me know if you'd like to try out a couple of these and I'll send a few millilitres over to you.

AKKERMAN 1

No 10

CARAN d’ACHE 2

Magnetic Blue

Saffron

DIAMINE 8

Ancient Copper

Blue Black

Teal

Grey

Syrah

Emerald

Deep Dark Brown

Salamander - thanks migo984 !

ESSRI 1

J HERBIN 4

Lie de The

Poussire de Lune

Cacao de Brazil

Griz Neuage

MONT BLANC 3

Toffee Brown

Midnight Blue

Midnight Blue - Paris

MONTEVERDE 1

Blue Black

NOODLER’S 4

Kiowa Pecan

Zhivago

Black

54th Massachusetts

ORGANICS 2

Red Rubber Ball

Blue Merle

PARKER 4

Mocha - cartridges (Eternal thanks to Shaughn)

Black

Blue

Blue Black

PELIKAN 3

Blue Black

Black

Tanzanite

PILOT 1

Blue Black

R&K 6

Scabiosa

Alt Goldrun

Alt Bordeaux - thanks notimetoulouse !

Sepia

Leipziger Schwarz

Salix

SAILOR 4

Black

Blue Black

Epinard

Museum Blue #46

SHEAFFER 2

Blue.

Blue Black

VISCONTI 1

Blue

Thanks guys! I'll go through your lists later (I'm at work right now).

Keep track of the progress in my quest for a less terrible handwriting here: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/262105-handwriting-from-hell-a-quest-for-personal-improvement/?do=findComment&comment=2917072

Hi Coop,

I'm Belgian but cross the border to Holland at least 3 times a week, can send and receive mail in Holland as well.

Only, my collection of ink is still extremely limited:

Sailor Jentle Grenade

Diamine Grape

Lamy Green (I use to mix my own green)

Pelikan 4001 Brilliant black

A very old bottle of Pelikan 4001 Blau-Schwarz

Parker Quink

My personal blend of dark green

Dunno if you're interested in seeing/testing any of these?

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

• 1 year later...

I'm from the netherlands as well and was wondering the same thing...dunno if anyone is still interested in exchanging ink(s) samples?

Maybe I should just go ahead and start an Europe Ink Exchange Topic.

Anything in particular you are looking for?

Well, I've been curious about J. Herbin's Poussiere de Lune for quite a while now and I would like to try some more inks from an autumn palette, by which I mean nice reds, browns and oranges. So far I've tried Diamine's Ancient Copper, Diamine's Coral,Diamine's Golden Brown, De Atramentis Aubergine and I have a bottle of Noodler's Black Swan in English Roses on it's way to my house.

Poussiere de lune I have for you. And for your autumn palette maybe you'd like to try Diamine Red Dragon?

I have a bit of a sample vial shortage though. So I need to order some empty vials... unless you are in the Tilburg area, you could just come fill a pen from my bottle :)

Yes I would love to try Red Dragon. Unfortunately I do not live in the Tilburg area, I live in Leiden, so I believe Tilburg is rather far, well for Dutch standards anyway.

Ah, how I would love a Dutch fountain pen club or meeting ...

Heh, I used to live in Leiden for a few years. My wife is from that area. Oh well, I'll see if I can order some more sample vials.

Well then... That's 50 sample vials ordered... €5.41 including shipping... Got to love the ebay. Now all I have to do is wait for the slow boat from China to arrive:

Estimated delivery Tuesday, Oct 13, 2015 - Monday, Nov 2, 2015

Edited by Coop

Oh I should get me some as well so I can start shipping out samples of Black Swan if it arrives, if everyone is interested in that ink that is. Oh and that's quite cool, I'm not from Leiden but my SO is and I just moved in with him about a week ago :D

I have a sample of black swan, it's nice, but not worth the hassle of buying a bottle and getting it shipped to NL if you already have Poussiere de Lune and Edelstein Amethyst.

@ Nanya,

I live in the Leiden area, and maybe we can meet sometime if you like, and I can bring some ink with me. You just have to bring vials or clean pens.

I don't have the desired Herbin ink (yet), but maybe some other interesting inks. I don't have vials though.

@ Coop,

I'm visiting Tilburg around once a month, so we might be able to meet sometime. I've been there last weekend, so don't expect me before the end of October.

Marco

(PM me your desired inks, so that I may check if they're in my small collection, and for email details)

A collector of inks, currently doing my own ink challenge.

IG: mcvanwijk1

My updated ink list (from the top of my head, so I may have missed a couple):

De Atramentis Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky

Diamine Red Dragon

Diamine Royal Blue

Diamine Sapphire (Sample)

Diamine Sargasso Sea

Edelstein Amethyst

Edelstein Aventurine

Hero 232 Blue-black (Iron-gall)

Iroshizuku Asa-gao

Iroshizuku Kon-peki

J. Herbin 1670 Gris Orage

J. Herbin Eclat de Saphir

J. Herbin Poussiere de Lune

Montblanc Meisterstuck Blue Hour Twilight Blue

Noodlers Apache Sunset (Sample)

Noodlers Baystate Blue

Noodlers Black Swan in Australian Roses (Sample)

Pelikan 4001 Brilliant Black

Pelikan M205 Duo Hilighter Yellow

Pilot Blue (Cartridge)

Rohrer & Klingner Blau Permanent

Rohrer & Klingner Blu Mare

Rohrer & Klingner Helianthus

Rohrer & Klingner Magenta

Rohrer & Klingner Salix (Iron-gall)

Rohrer & Klingner Scabiosa (Iron-gall)

Sailor Jentle Blue-black

Sailor Jentle Doyou

Visconti Black (Cartridge)

Visconti Blue (Cartridge)

Waterman Audacious Red

Waterman Mysterious Blue (Cartridge)

I also have access to a bottle of J. Herbin Orange Indien (my wifes) and with a bit more hassle Diamine Emerald and J. Herbin Rouge Bourgogne (my mom now has those as I didn't use them anymore).

@ Nanya,

I live in the Leiden area, and maybe we can meet sometime if you like, and I can bring some ink with me. You just have to bring vials or clean pens.

I don't have the desired Herbin ink (yet), but maybe some other interesting inks. I don't have vials though.

Oh that's so cool. I would really love that, I don't have many inks yet though unless you want to try Black Swan in English Roses, I should have that by the middle/end of the week. Oh yes, and I wanted to maybe buy some Akkerman Inks as I've heard fairly good things about them. Do you have anything autumn like or pink?

Do you have anything autumn like or pink?

You might like Rohrer & Klingner Magenta...

Inks I have (and yes, that's not much lol)

De Atramentis Aubergine (Sample)

Cultpen's Deep Dark Red (Sample)

Diamine Ancient Copper (Sample)

Diamine Coral (Sample)

Diamine Golden Brown (Sample)

And in one to three days Noodler's Black Swan in English Roses

You might like Rohrer & Klingner Magenta...

Oh yes, it does look lovely from the writing sample's I've seen and a good match with my pink m600