Does Anyone Know Of A Reliable Way To Contact Delta?

Plume145

Hi all! I need to contact Delta about a dolcevita flea market find, but I haven't had any replies after using the form on their site. Does anyone know a more reliable way please? A phone number would be lovely, or a direct email address - ie not through a form where maybe the form is broken and they aren't getting the messages.

Does that seem typical for them - no response after nearly a week? Are they the 'slow, but gets there' type, meaning I should wait some more, or are they generally quite quick to respond so if they haven't, it's probably time to have another go?

I'd love it if you'd share your experience with these guys, I've never dealt with them before :-)

thanks in advance!

I'm not affiliated with ANY of the brands/retailers/shops/ebay sellers/whatever I mention or recommend. If that ever changes, I will let you know :)

Looking for a cheap Pilot VP/Capless - willing to put up with lots of cosmetic damage.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Plume145

• Freddy

• Ghost Plane

• Wolverine1

Yair Greenberg is the guy's name, and Google "Yafa", they have an office in Los Angeles.

who is yair greenberg? is he like a customer service person for the brand? I came across the yafa.com site when I was researching the pen, but i didn't realize they were directly affiliated with delta? are they like the US reps for them or something?

sorry, I'm totally clueless about this! I just picked up the pen when I found it on a flea-market stand because it looked like a decent pen in a pretty color, and it was cheap - the look seemed familiar enough from around the forums and the online pen community but I'm a budget pen buyer so new deltas are waaay over what I can spend, so I've never spent much time learning about them :-)

I'm not affiliated with ANY of the brands/retailers/shops/ebay sellers/whatever I mention or recommend. If that ever changes, I will let you know :)

Looking for a cheap Pilot VP/Capless - willing to put up with lots of cosmetic damage.

who is yair greenberg? is he like a customer service person for the brand? I came across the yafa.com site when I was researching the pen, but i didn't realize they were directly affiliated with delta? are they like the US reps for them or something?

sorry, I'm totally clueless about this! I just picked up the pen when I found it on a flea-market stand because it looked like a decent pen in a pretty color, and it was cheap - the look seemed familiar enough from around the forums and the online pen community but I'm a budget pen buyer so new deltas are waaay over what I can spend, so I've never spent much time learning about them :-)

Here you go a repair form and phone number. Yafa is the North American distributor for many brands including Delta..

Incidentally Jerry Greenberg is the owner of Yafa...

http://www.yafa.com/REPAIR_FORM.pdf

and main page...of Yafa...

http://www.yafa.com/

Fred

Thanks, that makes sense now :-) I'm not in North America actually, I'm in Greece, and I was hoping to just talk directly to someone from the brand, like in Italy :P (unless of course they have a rep here, but I doubt it because few pen makers do - a preliminary search definitely didn't turn up anything in that direction).

Do you think yafa would be able to help me anyway? I don't think I'm going to need an actual mail-in repair, because everything seems fine with it - cosmetically it's pretty good, the feed looks a little grungy but ink flows without complaints, and as for the nib it's more than ok - it's actually sort of beautiful :wub: I would just need a lookup of the number on the cap to see if we can find out when it was made or where it was first sold or whatever - there's a number and I can never resist looking up a number, it's driving me nuts!

Thanks, that makes sense now :-) I'm not in North America actually, I'm in Greece, and I was hoping to just talk directly to someone from the brand, like in Italy :P (unless of course they have a rep here, but I doubt it because few pen makers do - a preliminary search definitely didn't turn up anything in that direction).

Do you think yafa would be able to help me anyway? I don't think I'm going to need an actual mail-in repair, because everything seems fine with it - cosmetically it's pretty good, the feed looks a little grungy but ink flows without complaints, and as for the nib it's more than ok - it's actually sort of beautiful :wub: I would just need a lookup of the number on the cap to see if we can find out when it was made or where it was first sold or whatever - there's a number and I can never resist looking up a number, it's driving me nuts!

Try Delta in Italy at.....

http://www.delta-pen.it/

Fred

yeah, that's what I tried at first, but it's been a week and I haven't heard back from them. So I wondering if that is typical for them, and if not I was hoping someone might have a phone number or a direct email. Guess not though right?

Check the pinned contact thread in the Italian Pens forum & see if there's any additional info there. All the Italian companies seem reluctant to respond to emails. Cultural?

Thanks, I missed that thread! Unfortunately, there's only yafa there too. I'm probably going to try yafa to see if they can point me in the right direction - if they can't answer my questions themselves at least they might be able to provide a phone number in Italy. If I get anywhere I will update that thread :-)

Appreciate it. Might need to unlock it for you, so give me a shout if you have any problems.

By all means contact Yafa. If you can put up a photograph

of your Delta flea market find...perhaps I can be of some assistance..

if not..someone else may help.....

Fred

Appreciate it. Might need to unlock it for you, so give me a shout if you have any problems.

No problem, will let you know :)

By all means contact Yafa. If you can put up a photograph

of your Delta flea market find...perhaps I can be of some assistance..

if not..someone else may help.....

Fred

I'm putting together the email right now, but in the meantime here's the thread I posted when I first got it several days ago. Some things have changed since then, most notably I tested the nib (by dipping) and as I mentioned above I inked it, but in terms of identification things are still pretty much as they were as of the last post there.

Oh, and I'd have to retract the bit about the ink flowing well :-/ I spoke too soon earlier, because it stops up after a short while. the nib is still great if I dip it, and the ink is a Diamine cartridge, which should be plenty flow-y for most normal pens, so I'm guessing it's down to the feed. But since I haven't yet done anything at all to clean it (I'm waiting to find out more about it) it's still entirely possible I won't need any repair work at all :-)

No problem, will let you know :)

I'm putting together the email right now, but in the meantime here's the thread I posted when I first got it several days ago. Some things have changed since then, most notably I tested the nib (by dipping) and as I mentioned above I inked it, but in terms of identification things are still pretty much as they were as of the last post there.

Oh, and I'd have to retract the bit about the ink flowing well :-/ I spoke too soon earlier, because it stops up after a short while. the nib is still great if I dip it, and the ink is a Diamine cartridge, which should be plenty flow-y for most normal pens, so I'm guessing it's down to the feed. But since I haven't yet done anything at all to clean it (I'm waiting to find out more about it) it's still entirely possible I won't need any repair work at all :-)

A Dolcevita Mini..your pen fits the the profile. While waiting

to hear from Yafa...

Why don't you remove the cartridge and flush with a ear bulb

syringe and flush..and leave the pen in a plastic cup

nib down with water up to the breather hole overnight.

Fred

Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice.

It is not a thing to be waited for..it is a thing to be achieved.

~ William Jennings Bryan ~

excuse the double post.....

Fred

good night

Edited by Freddy

Thanks for the reply! So, it's safe to do a water flush? I'm not dealing with any sort of weird porous material that will get damaged if I flush it out? I gotta admit I've been itching to do this for days now - had a hard time stopping myself lol! It's always my first step for a second-hand pen (most of mine are inherited) so it's been hard to keep from doing that right away!

I just sent the email, hopefully they're able to help because I am just sooo curious about that number. I mean, it has to be something you can lookup, right? Otherwise, why put it on the pen at all, if you're not going to use it to identify the pen and when it was made, where it was sold, and so on?

Edited by Plume145