Another Beautiful Ink Bottle

whichwatch

I was walking around a bricks and mortar shop and was grabbed by a beautiful counter display of two bottles of Graf von Faber Castell ink on one of the usual plastic display bases. One bottle was full and one empty, which really showed off the attractiveness of the bottles. Since they were out of stock of the blue, I scribbled a few lines with a dip sample of their "eternal" Carbon Black.

I usually use Noodlers Bulletproof Black for specific needs, but it seems to take forever to dry and frequently smudges. The GvFC dried MUCH faster, with no smearing and no unpleasant odor. So I figured what the heck, and bought a bottle ($30 for 75ml) since I really liked the bottle and the ink seemed worth a good try.

I haven't had time yet to put the ink through its paces, but since I haven't read a whole lot about these inks around here, thought I'd post a few pictures of the bottle. I wish my pictures did it justice.

http://www.fototime.com/%7B1BA646A3-F2EC-4D9C-B914-75E615E91277%7D/origpict/DSCN7664.JPG

http://www.fototime.com/%7B006D3F3D-4258-46C4-80DA-497D433EF026%7D/origpict/DSCN7666.JPG

http://www.fototime.com/%7B6CFB8408-3977-4114-8D8B-472570E1B72E%7D/origpict/DSCN7665.JPG

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• dneal

• whichwatch

• lapis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have 4 of the 6 inks (Black, Blue, Brown and Green). I love the dark colors and excellent general behavior. Water resistance is fair to middling... I will probably add the red, won't get the grey and probably won't buy the black again (it's just black (although a very nice "black" black) but Pelikan looks the same for a fraction of the price).

The bottles are awesome though.

Edited by dneal

Really nice bottle however I can't justify that much on ink yet as two bottles would buy me another M200 or another nice pen.

Really nice bottle however I can't justify that much on ink yet as two bottles would buy me another M200 or another nice pen.

The bottle can be used for other inks in the future and 75ml is quite a lot of ink which will last a few years.

Definitely like the 75 ml capacity. Somehow it makes the ink more economical. Well, that's my feeling and I'm sticking to it - or NOT!

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

I keep looking at the Moss.... It just seems so expensive.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

But it's sooooo beautiful. With a hint of red sheen!

post-109565-0-54471000-1402029740.jpeg

With as much ink as go through, you have to be thrifty

But Honey, thinking about the price per mill, this juice is "only" upper middle class.

List prices in Euros as of March 2014:

-----------------------------------------------------

Ink List Price Bottle Price/ml

New Caran d'Ache 29.50 50 ml 0.59

Iroshizuku 24.90 50 ml 0.50

Old Caran d'Ache 13.95 30 ml 0.47

Graf von F-C (new) 25.00 75 ml 0.33

Pelikan Edelstein 14.50 50 ml 0.29

Herbin 8.65 30 ml 0.29

Akkerman (60 ml) 15.00 60 ml 0.25

Montblanc (regulars) 13.00 60 ml 0.22

Waterman 7.50 50 ml 0.15

Pelikan 4001 4.15 30 ml 0.14

Rohrer & Klingner 6.50 50 ml 0.13

Parker Quink 6.00 57 ml 0.11

Akkerman (150 ml) 16.50 150 ml 0.11

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu264/peli46/Guinness.gif

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Lapis, you are such an enabler. :) DNeal -- wow, thank you.

Gunga, I agree.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Whichwatch - this is your friendly neighborhood cyber stalker.... You have been spotted at Dromgooles. How do I know this? I spoke with Larry when I called to order this ink. This means that Larry is stalking us both...he told me "whichwatch" was just in, and that he expected me to call about this ink. Oh, and I bought the ink, restocked on Blue Steel, got a bottle of TLO for Alaric.

BTW, Lapis, have you compared TLO to BankNoteGreen at least visually?

Unfortunately, no! I don't yet have Bank Note Green. Anybody wanna sell it? Incl. any vol of ink in bottle plus box... Please reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Whichwatch - this is your friendly neighborhood cyber stalker.... You have been spotted at Dromgooles. How do I know this? I spoke with Larry when I called to order this ink. This means that Larry is stalking us both...he told me "whichwatch" was just in, and that he expected me to call about this ink. Oh, and I bought the ink, restocked on Blue Steel, got a bottle of TLO for Alaric.

Yay! I'm looking forward to that. I do love my greens. You'll have to send along a sample of Moss Green with it, hopefully that will tide me over until I can get a bottle this December....

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

LOL! Cyber stalker - yeah, my wife is starting to wonder who is this woman I have been corresponding with and just what is in those packages we send back and forth.

Well, I WAS in Dromgoole's and since you seem to like writing letters I just sent you one along with a little gift I picked up there. I'm amazed Larry remembered my screen name, as I didn't use it at all when I was there this time and I haven't been there in a year or so.

So let me understand - I posted about this bottle and that helped you decide to buy the ink? I was the enabler here? ME?

So, does your wife believe you when you say, "Would you believe, ink?" Or does she give you that Agent 99 look?

I was shocked he knew your screen name...so I think Larry's tracking us...

YES, you are an enabler. You turned me on to Dromgooles, and you gave me both my favorite inks - Comanche Rouge and Dromgoole's Blue Steel.

Wait..did you say I got a ppprrrreeessseeennnttt??? I LOVE PRESENTS! Thank you.

So, what did you buy for you?

So, does your wife believe you when you say, "Would you believe, ink?" Or does she give you that Agent 99 look?

I was shocked he knew your screen name...so I think Larry's tracking us...

YES, you are an enabler. You turned me on to Dromgooles, and you gave me both my favorite inks - Comanche Rouge and Dromgoole's Blue Steel.

Wait..did you say I got a ppprrrreeessseeennnttt??? I LOVE PRESENTS! Thank you.

So, what did you buy for you?

As my granddaughter would say, "like Duhhh!". I bought the Graf von Faber Castell ink that started this thread! :-) And Larry gave me a bottle of Blue Steel, since I never have tried it. And if I knew the Moss looked like dneal's post above, I would have bought that. Or that, too.

Acually, I got off cheap. Larry tried to tempt me with all manner of pens, but with the DC show coming soon, I fought him off.

Oh.. I feel bad. I got your blue. Im glad Larry gave you a bottle.

wow, I would have believed it if someone told me that was a vintage perfume bottle and not an ink bottle.