Leather Covers For Field Notes Notebooks?

K Williams

What companies make leather covers, made with thick full grain leather, for the Field Notes notebooks? Thanks.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• my63

• K Williams

• Brian C

• jimhughes

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In Us Inkleaf Leather, on etsy Zenok Leather, Aspie Crafts, and dozens of others. In UK Fenner Crafts, and on FPN my63 All great craftsmen , minimal costs . No affiliation, usual disclaimers apply. Jim

There are a couple of good groups on facebook with lots of folk that can do amazing things with leather. I stay away from Chris Davis though. Couldn't get him answer an email and when I purchased one of his items I wasn't happy with it. This is currently what I am lusting after:

post-47194-0-49921000-1402027993_thumb.jpg

post-47194-0-13549900-1402028003_thumb.jpg

post-47194-0-70743400-1402028013_thumb.jpg

post-47194-0-03218800-1402028022_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brian C

I have just received an extra large moleskine explorer III and love it !!

Etsy is your friend

One Star Leather

Odin Leather Goods

I have a couple from each of these guys and they are great quality.

Bob

"The fountain pen is mightier than the ballpoint"

My Blog: www.MyPenNeedsInk.com

Etsy is your friend

One Star Leather

Odin Leather Goods

I have a couple from each of these guys and they are great quality.

Bob

I will second the suggestion of One Star Leather. I have no affiliation, I am just a happy repeat customer.

I have an older version of the "park sloper" which originally included a space pen but I found it also fits a Cross Classic Century FP perfectly. This combo almost never leaves my side. I go through a FN notebook about once every 3-4 weeks. It seems the newer model has a larger pen sleeve and may fit other pens as well.

Chris

Carpe Stylum!

The Adventurer looks good. I'd welcome your thoughts on it when you receive it :)

No problem; should be early next week. I've also got the VIP style one, also for pocket-sized Moleskine and this is fabulous with the soft-cover notebooks I now favour. Classic.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

No problem; should be early next week. I've also got the VIP style one, also for pocket-sized Moleskine and this is fabulous with the soft-cover notebooks I now favour. Classic.

Thanks very much :thumbup:

I would be interested to know what type of cover you are looking for and if you don't mind what do you mean by full grain leather ?

Having looked at the suggestions Of mud and coal seems to be very good value for money, but only if you want a cover that also acts as a wallet.

For more details on my current projects please visit my blog.

https://my63leather.wixsite.com/my63

I would be interested to know what type of cover you are looking for and if you don't mind what do you mean by full grain leather ?

Having looked at the suggestions Of mud and coal seems to be very good value for money, but only if you want a cover that also acts as a wallet.

I'm looking for one that allows you to slip the back cover of the field notes into a slot/pocket in the leather cover, with a pocket(s) on the opposite side for business cards, receipts, etc. Made from 5oz to 8oz top/full grain leather. Something that will last at least 10 years...and look better as it ages.

Hmmm...I wonder if Saddleback Leather makes one?

I'm looking for one that allows you to slip the back cover of the field notes into a slot/pocket in the leather cover, with a pocket(s) on the opposite side for business cards, receipts, etc. Made from 5oz to 8oz top/full grain leather. Something that will last at least 10 years...and look better as it ages.

Hmmm...I wonder if Saddleback Leather makes one?

Nope.