Top Posters In This Topic

• jd50ae

• Dan Carmell

• winedoc

• Jeff Boschert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dan,

When you showed me the "Squid Pen" at the PPPC meeting, I was really taken back with it's beauty and class.

You've got a real Pen there!!!

Morris

QUOTE (ukeman3 @ Apr 3 2007, 04:37 PM)
Dan,
When you showed me the "Squid Pen" at the PPPC meeting, I was really taken back with it's beauty and class.
You've got a real Pen there!!!

Morris

You've got a real pen there..........well la de da........aren't we special............ wallbash.gif

Please visit my wife's website.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
JD, don't you think you should follow-up this thread with the good news? :D

Good point, I am so giddy I forgot. I hardly remembered that he has one. :P

We both have SN 1, one has Ruby and the other has Sapphire.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

JD, I thought "SN" meant Sapphire Number" (1) so I figured I had RN as in Ruby Number (1)! You must have meant serial number?

Dan

p.s. I thought that new feature of including the OP at the top of each page was nice, but I am not so sure when it's a massive review post like mine above!

Edited by Dan Carmell

p.s. I thought that new feature of including the OP at the top of each page was nice, but I am not so sure when it's a massive review post like mine above!

you can turn it off.

At the top of the thread where your post is you'll see "Options". Click on this for a drop-down list. Change formatting to Standard. At first I thought it was nice, then it started annoying me like so many things do now. :P

Edited by KCat

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

JD, I thought "SN" meant Sapphire Number" (1) so I figured I had RN as in Ruby Number (1)! You must have meant serial number?

Dan

If you look inside the cap you will see in very small black numbers the sn.

I had thought you were correct in saying that we had #1 in both versions.

Of course it wouldn't be all that important for me to say I had the real number 1 if that is the case. HeHe

I never noticed that before! Neat!

Dan

p.s. Thanks, KCat, nice to have it, nice to be able to turn it off!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

For clarification, there is one #1 sterling with ruby eyes, one #1 sterling with saphire eyes, and one #1 of the solid gold, which can have either the burmese ruby or ceylon saphire eyes.

:thumbup: Jeff

post-5100-1178406180_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jeff Boschert

Of course it costs about half the value of my whole vintage pen collection. But, one can admire...

<span style='color:red'>

]So the thing costs as much as 4 or 5 of the aztecs you posted ! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: :bunny1: </span>

nope. i dont own the aztecs. I just shot 'em :-)

d

Yes, i was thinking of the solid gold one. It was hard to put that down after examining in LA :-)

And, "half the collection" was meant in but the most general sense :-)

best

david

date='Mar 9 2007, 10:58 PM' post='250360']

How much does Jules cost? Is it really as much as half of Dr. I’s collection?

No, I don’t think so! - at least not the sterling silver one; maybe he was thinking of the solid gold one?...

Prices for Jules

Solid Sterling Silver: MSRP $3,750

Solid 18K yellow gold: MSRP $18,000

Jules has genuine gemstone eyes of red rubies or blue sapphires, weighing 1.5 carats.

Nibs are available in: XF, F, M, B, or Stub

Fountain Pens and Rollerballs are the same price.

Delivery time is currently approximately 4-5 weeks.

Please feel free to email me for more information or to place an order at

joycetangmd@gmail.com

:o)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

GEE! ! ! I saw a Squid Fountain Pen!!!

I discovered "The Squid" Fountain Pen while examining "The Stylus"

magazine. I was fascinated by it's tenacles wrapping the

body of the body of this pen and wanted a "closer view" of this

fascinating pen... I "Googled it on the internet and found excellent photographs

taken by Dan Carmell, the pen's owner and member of the Fountain Pen Network.

Thanks alot, Mr Carmell for your revealing pictures of this

most unusual and charming writing stylus.

I wishing you health, wellness,wisdom and that special joy of writing with your Fountain pen.

richardpreston@nerdshack.com

Why must you dangle the unreachable carrot? :crybaby:

Glad to hear its a very function piece of art.

Montblanc 145, F nib
Faber Castell E-Motion in Pearwood, F nib
Montblanc 149, F nib
Visconti Divina Proporzione 1618, S nib
Montblanc Cool Blue Starwalker, EF nib
Montblanc Solitaire Silver Barley BP
Montblanc Rouge et Noir Coral, M nib

Great review and a lovely pen.

When my children have left home (the eldest is 2), are married, educated and if I'm still alive, I'll buy one of these. Until then, I can but dream...

Edited by Siv

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2752/4371168844_35ba5fb338.jpg

Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77

Great review and a lovely pen.

When my children have left home (the eldest is 2), are married, educated and if I'm still alive, I'll buy one of these. Until then, I can but dream...

It'll have to be a lottery win for me. This is my "if money is no object..." pen.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

• 6 years later...

Gorgeous pen! It really does beg for the "proper" ink. I have to slightly disagree with the suggestions, so far. The squid (and octopi) that have objected to my getting too close or too nosy and jettisoned a "nib" of ink in my face have not loaded their "sacs" with sepia. Rather, it has been an opaque black. And I mean a totally blinding opaque black blotting out the sun with the larger animals, allowing a total escape. I could just hear the squid saying "That'll teach you to stick your nose where it doesn't belong".

And for the PETA folks, I never touched one and was always strictly sight-seeing. The first time scared the dickens out of me and I almost had to change my swimsuit.