• Dan Carmell

• winedoc

• Jeff Boschert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Elaine @ Mar 6 2007, 04:34 AM)
QUOTE (winedoc @ Mar 6 2007, 12:58 AM)
Just so you know.  I am their authorized dealer  cool.gif

Of course you are! dry.gif You are the dealer for all my "if I had lots of money" pens

LOL, but I am your go to guy when you hit the lotto eureka.gif

Kev

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

How much does Jules cost? Is it really as much as half of Dr. I’s collection?

No, I don’t think so! - at least not the sterling silver one; maybe he was thinking of the solid gold one?...

Prices for Jules

Solid Sterling Silver: MSRP $3,750

Solid 18K yellow gold: MSRP $18,000

Jules has genuine gemstone eyes of red rubies or blue sapphires, weighing 1.5 carats.

Nibs are available in: XF, F, M, B, or Stub

Fountain Pens and Rollerballs are the same price.

Delivery time is currently approximately 4-5 weeks.

Please feel free to email me for more information or to place an order at

joycetangmd@gmail.com

ohmy.gif)

Edited by Joyce

You know you're hopelessly deep into this hobby when you read the price of this pen and say to yourself, wow, that's a great price!

Really, if you look at some of the super high end pens like Michael Perchin and David Oscarson, then this pen is a bargain. Now if I only had a few thousand $ lying around. sad.gif

:)9

Thank you everyone for your encouragments on our first pen!

We are now able to deliver in 1-2 weeks:)

Edited by Jeff Boschert

QUOTE (Elaine @ Mar 10 2007, 08:21 AM)
You know you're hopelessly deep into this hobby when you read the price of this pen and say to yourself, wow, that's a great price!

No kidding!!!! I agree completely. When I started this little trip, I would look at $200 fountain pens and attempt to comprehend why anyone would spend that much on a pen. Now, I look at my collection and rationalize by thinking that I haven't spent as much as person "X" on this website, so nope, I'm not a pen-junkie. By the way, my definition of an expensive pen (in my small world) now begins at several hundreds of dollars more. Gees!!!!

Where's Winedoc?, my fingers are startin' to itch again, needin' just a taste of some new ink, hold a new pen, hands startin' to shake..... hey, I don't need it, I can stop purchasing pens at any time. Yeah, that's right! tongue.gif

-P

A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.

~ Oscar Wilde, 1888

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.pnghttp://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

QUOTE (PaulK @ Mar 14 2007, 01:21 AM)
QUOTE (Elaine @ Mar 10 2007, 08:21 AM)

No kidding!!!! I agree completely. When I started this little trip, I would look at $200 fountain pens and attempt to comprehend why anyone would spend that much on a pen. Now, I look at my collection and rationalize by thinking that I haven't spent as much as person "X" on this website, so nope, I'm not a pen-junkie. By the way, my definition of an expensive pen (in my small world) now begins at several hundreds of dollars more. Gees!!!!

Where's Winedoc?, my fingers are startin' to itch again, needin' just a taste of some new ink, hold a new pen, hands startin' to shake..... hey, I don't need it, I can stop purchasing pens at any time. Yeah, that's right! tongue.gif

-P

Hmmm, did you called? laugh.gif

Just ask my brother who got me into all these FP mess. He showed me a CS Churchill ebonite and a Dupont Orpheo more than 3 years ago. He told me how much he paid for them and that he got them at good deal. I said good deal my a** and whipped out my $20 kit pen from eBay (now my daughter has this pen)... well, fast forward 3 years.... OK, I am hopelss blink.gif

Kev

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

Dan, I'm very glad you copied your review to FPN--I think you did the pen (and its artisans) a great service. It needs to be displayed!

And... I'm quite jealous. I am amazed at that wondeful work of art. I wish I could own one... perhaps in the distant future. Certainly, these will survive well past our lifetimes. wink.gif

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

As I said in a previous post.....

I will be more then happy to accept one for evaluation

maybe you did not see it.....

Edited by jd50ae

Please visit my wife's website.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (Joyce @ Mar 10 2007, 01:58 AM)

Prices for Jules

Uh-oh. I don't think this is going to pass the Mrs. Kenny test.

QUOTE (kenny @ Mar 26 2007, 02:42 AM)
QUOTE (Joyce @ Mar 10 2007, 01:58 AM)

Prices for Jules

Uh-oh. I don't think this is going to pass the Mrs. Kenny test.

Nor mine, nor JD's nor many of us.... ph34r.gif

sonia alvarez

fpn_1379481230__chinkinreduced.jpg

I have to ask that this will probably get me bounced from FPN,

When I stated in the "another" discussion that I thought "Jules" would be difficult to use because his little eyes would get in the way of my grip, a photo was posted by the manufacturer and they stated that the "eyes" were 90 degrees out of alignment from the nib, so they would not interfer.

But the "Review" that started this all out has a photos that shows the "eyes" are inline with the nib.

Does the nib rotate like a Parker 75?

:) I can make it anyway you like. I prefer it as in the following photo.

post-34-1174951214_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jeff Boschert

Glenn,

When my photo was originally made, I was playing with different settings for the nib, so you are right about how the nib was set in those photos, of course. Since then I've settled on the nib position show in Jeff's photo above and I do prefer that, although I cannot say that the other position bothered me.

The nib does not rotate by design like the 75 did, but the nib unit can be set into the section at the angle desired.

I'm taking a break from writing a letter to Australia alternating between a MB 20 Safety and Jules (or Squidwort, as he's known around this house!). Fun, especially on the ultra-thin Crane's airmail paper!

Dan