Let's See Your Ink Collection Set-Up!

mjhullett

After looking at some of the collections I will never say, "I have too much ink". I really thought my 30 bottles of ink was a lot. Each of the collections posted are nice in their own way, but some of them could be displays in a store. Thanks to all for sharing your collections.

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange.png

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Lou Erickson

• saskia_madding

• SujiCorp12345

I have considered showing my husband some of the photos in this thread, and saying "See, I'm not so bad...."

Somehow, though, I don't think he'll buy it. :(

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

It's an older picture. Those empty spaces are now filled with Sailor ink back ups. :P

I'm so proud of you!!!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I have considered showing my husband some of the photos in this thread, and saying "See, I'm not so bad...."

Somehow, though, I don't think he'll buy it. :(

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

I show off Saskia's collection and try to say that I don't have an inking problem. The last time, my father saw my collection, he went and found me some beautiful glass bottles. He's the ultimate enabler.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

No, not one with Hoarders.

OH, see that's a good name.

I think I just display my collection more than others, because a LOT of people I have met here have a LOT more ink than I do.

Decided to clean up my bookshelf so I could have more space for my books. Some of my inks have been moved to a box now.

fpn_1424483600__img_0754_zpslfvchzxv.jpgfpn_1424483628__img_0752_zps6xr3kmte.jpg

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

Those look great!!!

• 3 months later...

I just moved my ink out of my desk and into the top 3 shelves of a DVD rack.

As I suffer migraines from bright light, sunlight is totally excluded from this room so I have no worries about ink fading.

Hope you enjoy the view.

post-120265-0-22725200-1434663339_thumb.jpg

Looks great and well organized!!

• 1 year later...

Okay, I 've been reorganized. This was cabinet 3, but I removed cabinet 2, so now, this is cabinet 2.

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016_2_Ink/08-August/slides/IMG_20160815_230238.jpg

Okay, I 've been reorganized. This was cabinet 3, but I removed cabinet 2, so now, this is cabinet 2.

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016_2_Ink/08-August/slides/IMG_20160815_230238.jpg

PLEASE don't tell us you "DE-CLUTTERED, DOWNSIZED, an ENTIRE cabinet of INK?

NO, NO, I fear the aliens (POD People?) have abducted & spirited away our Ms Amber..............IF so, @ least you managed to "take an ENTIRE cupboard of ink with you to the aircraft!"

WHEREVER they have taken Ms Amber @ least there is hope it may be a civilised society, when you arrive with your Ink Cupboard, "the cupboard, formerly known as #2" AND I bet you managed to slip a Twsbi stub or more "somplace" where they would be available for use upon landing. Please let us know you are well & having a good time.

Well, cabinet 1 is still in place, and in fairness, I didn't declutter or downsize, I just unpacked boxes and moved books.

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2016_2_Ink/08-August/slides/IMG_20160815_230227.jpg

That's awesome! I like how you gradually add height to the stacks so that you can see what inks are behind. Have you ever counted them?

I *only* have 95 bottles and that is almost 4.5L of ink!!! I don't dare imagine how much you've got there!!

I don't want to count. I haven't counted since 2014. I know that I give away and share a LOT of ink but I use a lot of it too. I can't find the picture of the third cabinet. I will so so shortly.

Wow Amberlea!! I really like the stepped shelves, gotta remember to look for those again. Just out of curiosity...it's that *all* the bottled ink you have?

Looking good Amberlea :-)

Mine are all stored in a rather tatty, mismatched assortment of recycled cardboard boxes, on two continents, in two different hemispheres :-/

Verba volant, scripta manent

Looking good Amberlea :-)

Mine are all stored in a rather tatty, mismatched assortment of recycled cardboard boxes, on two continents, in two different hemispheres :-/

Not to worry about their containers,

Just slap some packing tape around those boxes, affix MY address on a label & send 'em to me; I have an old walnut, 8 foot tall, bookcase from my Great Grandfather, in which I will be happy to store them properly for you. They will be residing in the living room as the center of attention. Nope, no sir, No way should this be allowed to go on, I just can't stand to think of YOUR inks in "tattered, mismatched, old boxes," SEND 'em on, it's the LEAST I can do for you. AND I would be happy to offer unrestricted visitation, ANYTIME!

YOUR inks deserve NO less than to be together. I don't mind @ all.