Let's See Your Ink Collection Set-Up!

mjhullett

Hey Everybody!

if you're anything like me, you have a very specific way that you like to arrange your collection of inks on your desk or in a drawer etc. Time to show them off! Ill begin by posting mine and a list of the inks there.

Please don't mind the tequila in the background....

Thanks

-M.

post-113166-0-65263800-1401425574.jpg

Inks:

Lamy Blue

Lamy Blue-Black (my first ink)

Montblanc Leonardo (maybe my new favorite)

Montblanc Toffee Brown (my everyday ink for my Montparnasse)

Diamine Turquoise

Noodler's X-Feather

Noodler's Rome Burning (awful)

Noodler's Forest Green

Noodler's American Eel Black (my everyday ink for my TWSBI 580 and it smells great)

Noodler's Baystate Blue (proceed with caution)

Noodler's Black Swan in English Roses (my everyday ink for any flex pen)

Noodler's Red-Black (my everyday ink for my Platinum 3776 with its awesome 18k "c" nib)

Noodler's Apache Sunset (my go-to "impact ink" when I want to show off)

Noodler's Saguaro Wine

Noodler's Zhivago (one of my all time favorite inks, probably going to switch my Montparnasse to this ink)

J. Herbin Lie de The

J. Herbin Eclat de Saphir

Pilot Ishorizuke Tsuki-yo (my everyday ink for my Lamy 2000)

Pilot Ishorizuku fuyu-syogun

Pilot/Namiki blue Black cartridges (exclusively for my work-pen the Metropolitan)

Pelikan Edelstein Sapphire and Onyx Cartridges (I want to test these)

Edited by mjhullett

Pens: 1929 Parker Duofold Sr., Parker "51" Special, S.T. Dupont Montparnasse, Lamy 2000, Platinum #3776 "C," TWBSI 580, Lamy Safari Neon Yellow, Sheaffer, Feathertouch, Targa and Targa Slim

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Lou Erickson

• saskia_madding

• SujiCorp12345

What are the large bottles of golden brown ink in the background?

One is Tequila and one is probably Sailor Jerry at a guess?

Yup, those up top at the right are the ones I saw first.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Cubic MB bottles are so nice!

Here is mine. No tequila here though...

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/140530/P1180441_ds_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Akkerman #9 Indigo
Diamine Ancient Copper (2)
~ China Blue
~ Chocolate Brown
~ Midnight
~ Onyx Black
~ Oxblood (2)
~ Sargasso Sea

Graf von Faber-Catell Moss Green
~ Stone Grey
J. Herbin Perle Noire
Montblanc Blue-black
Noodler's Apache Sunset
Parker Penman Sapphire (6)
~ Emerald (2)
Pilot Iroshizuku Take-sumi (not pictured)
Rohrer & Klingner Scabiosa
Sailor Jentle Shigure
~ Yama-dori

+2 Sailors on the way

FWIW I've started a thread somewhat like this in the "Pictures & Pen Photography" section too. ;)

I definitely believe that this "large bottles of ink" help my drafting very much, I highly recommend them. :lticaptd:

Also, nice collection Attila! What is the flagon of ink I see?

On an unrelated note, I also have a really good friend in Budapest named Attila!

Pens: 1929 Parker Duofold Sr., Parker "51" Special, S.T. Dupont Montparnasse, Lamy 2000, Platinum #3776 "C," TWBSI 580, Lamy Safari Neon Yellow, Sheaffer, Feathertouch, Targa and Targa Slim

I definitely believe that this "large bottles of ink" help my drafting very much, I highly recommend them. :lticaptd:

Also, nice collection Attila! What is the flagon of ink I see?

On an unrelated note, I also have a really good friend in Budapest named Attila!

Such a small world :)

Its a 6-pack of Parker Penman Sapphire!

+1 on your first thought :lol:

Cubic MB bottles are so nice!

Here is mine. No tequila here though...

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/140530/P1180441_ds_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Akkerman #9 Indigo

Diamine Ancient Copper (2)

~ China Blue

~ Chocolate Brown

~ Midnight

~ Onyx Black

~ Oxblood (2)

~ Sargasso Sea

Graf von Faber-Catell Moss Green

~ Stone Grey

J. Herbin Perle Noire

Montblanc Blue-black

Noodler's Apache Sunset

Parker Penman Sapphire (6)

~ Emerald (2)

Pilot Iroshizuku Take-sumi (not pictured)

Rohrer & Klingner Scabiosa

Sailor Jentle Shigure

~ Yama-dori+2 Sailors on the way

FWIW I've started a thread somewhat like this in the "Pictures & Pen Photography" section too. ;)

Nice collection. Where did you get these Diamine bottles?

here is my collection of Gimborn inks and glues

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b575/odessa19441/DSC_3122-kopie_zps0fab77fc.jpg[

/URL]

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b575/odessa19441/DSC_3120-kopie_zps39d6c4ec.jpg

This is the best collection I've ever seen of these bottles. WOW thank you for sharing.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I filled up my first cabinet and expanded to a second. Now I have room.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140601_180536.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140601_180518.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

here is my collection of Gimborn inks and glues

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b575/odessa19441/DSC_3122-kopie_zps0fab77fc.jpg[

/URL]

[url=http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/odessa19441/media/DSC_3120-kopie_zps39d6c4ec.jpg.html]http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b575/odessa19441/DSC_3120-kopie_zps39d6c4ec.jpg

I am not sure how to relate just how jealous I am of you!

:yikes:

I filled up my first cabinet and expanded to a second. Now I have room.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140601_180536.jpghttp://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Inked_Today/slides/20140601_180518.jpg

Good Lord, this is Fantastic!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure how to relate just how jealous I am of you!

:yikes:

just the perks of living in the Netherlands. my collection keeps growing.

Eeew ... do I see Concord Bream in Amber's collection? Doesn't that even top LRM for bad behavior on paper?

Hmmm, I don't see TX Pecan with the "Big Nuts" on it.

Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse reasons hath diverse names. -- T. Hobbes - Leviathan

Eeew ... do I see Concord Bream in Amber's collection? Doesn't that even top LRM for bad behavior on paper?

Hmmm, I don't see TX Pecan with the "Big Nuts" on it.

Good eye, yep, I have both the Big Nut (next to the heart) and the lousy concord bream but no LRM. However, QSH was the WORST performer for me.

Wow nice collections! I just saw an interesting 1 liter OMAS bottle for sale and I got tempted to buy it...I just worry if I buy one that I will end up with lots of vintage ink bottles and it will start to look like clutter.

Since I am in the middle of a huge remodel all of my inks are in various boxes...not sure I will ever have a proper display though as my style is modern and minimal.

Wow nice collections! I just saw an interesting 1 liter OMAS bottle for sale and I got tempted to buy it...I just worry if I buy one that I will end up with lots of vintage ink bottles and it will start to look like clutter.

Since I am in the middle of a huge remodel all of my inks are in various boxes...not sure I will ever have a proper display though as my style is modern and minimal.

The reason mine is so small compared to what it could be ... I give away samples or even bottles.

I own 3 Bottles of ink!! Pretty good start. :-)

I saw the attached photo on another site. I don't think I'll get there any time soon.post-113089-0-99150300-1402947732_thumb.jpg