• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ksaarto

• inkstainedruth

• owend

• Misfit

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How about Delta Capri Night or Italiana?

http://www.amazon.com/Delta-Fountain-Turquoise-Capuchon-DC84183F/dp/B00709JSMK/ref=sr_1_1?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1401314035&sr=1-1&keywords=delta+capri+night

http://www.amazon.com/Delta-Italiana-Fountain-DI85029-MEDIUM/dp/B00A499JYU/ref=pd_sim_sbs_op_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0WSF2MTBXX1Z08T49CKB

I have a Capri Night, and it is a gorgeous pen that writes so incredibly well. :wub: Slightly above your price range, but I think they are worth it.

I also love pens by Ines de la Fressange. They are readily available via Amazon U.K., and some, especially message fountain pens, are super-sweet and romantic, while others are quite elegant.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ines%20de%20la%20fressange%20fountain%20pens

Edited to add a pic and ink suggestions (more like a free association LOL.)

Delta Capri Night and one of my Ines de la Fressange pen (I have two more.)

fpn_1401315510__blue_pens_small_2.jpg

I like turquoise or deep blue with either of them. My Capri Night has been inked with De Atramentis Field Flowers for quite awhile because it is a color match to the Naples Blue (yea, Capri- Naples, geographical connection LOL) and it has a lovely scent. Ines de la Fressange pen is inked with Colors of the Skies by Levenger right now, but I like it with Iroshizuku Tsukiyo (moonlit night) better, just because I prefer the color of Tsukiyo. I am planning to get a bottle of Iroshizuku Ama-iro (sky blue) for this pen eventually LOL!

Edited by flyingfox

If the Pilot Cavalier got approval, look at the Platinum PTL-5000, about £50 ($80?). Only in black with gold trim, but an elegant-shaped 14K that writes well.

I would second owend's suggestion of the the PTL-5000. Superb value for money and a 14Kt nib and available in balck or burgundy finish. For something more feminine what about a Faber Castell Loom with white Piano finish cap. You won't find a smoother writing nib for the money at around EUR 35. If you want to spend a little more a Faber Castell eMotion comes in fancier finishes for around EUR 75-80.

If you had asked or I had seen this this past Sunday morning, THIS ONE. It was one of the Sunday Fleabay picks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEAUTIFUL-VINTAGE-PINK-MARBLED-WATERMANS-512V-FOUNTAIN-PEN-/301187868681

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Wow -- that IS a lovely pen. If I had (A) seen the listing (B) not been on a shopping moratorium and © knew a danged thing about Watermans, I would have definitely put that one on the watch list.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Carenes are gorgeous & sturdy. I own a bunch & recommend them highly.

May I ask, as a woman, why people are recommending "designed for women" pens? The man should know his wife's taste by now. If she likes traditionally "girlie" styles, that's fine. But on behalf of women everywhere who like big pens, heavy pens & even "male-themed" pens, please don't limit us to wimpy, pink & helpless. </end rant>

Ghost Plane: I think men are suggesting girlie pens because they're easier for the Little Lady to carry while she's doing the housework, cooking, shopping........ :)

May I ask, as a woman, why people are recommending "designed for women" pens? The man should know his wife's taste by now. If she likes traditionally "girlie" styles, that's fine. But on behalf of women everywhere who like big pens, heavy pens & even "male-themed" pens, please don't limit us to wimpy, pink & helpless. </end rant>

Makes me even more glad I suggested the Silver Anniversary. (built on brass - hence the 30 gram weight) It really is a gorgeous pen. I'm a man, but think it works for both sexes.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Well, given that my favorite two pens are a Parker 51 and the aforementioned Pelikan 400, does that make you feel better?

Oh and number 3 is probably my ebonite Noodler's Konrad, but people keep telling me that those aren't pens for beginners....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Ghost Plane: I think men are suggesting girlie pens because they're easier for the Little Lady to carry while she's doing the housework, cooking, shopping........ :)

Yeah, but the wee wussies tend to not stand up when pulling high G turnouts or stashed under body armor. So how are they supposed to handle a full out assault by a teething toddler (which scares me more than incoming SCUDs).

I'm female and the reason I mentioned the Lady Sheaffer Skripsert is that out of all the pens I own that is the one that I would describe as elegant. I'm not really into most things aimed at women, they're usually dumbed down and insipid.

My favourite pen is a beat-up, tarnished, black Geha Schulfüller, it has the character of a grizzly-chopped, elderly dog.

Ghost Plane: I notice than most posts on FPN about disasters (dropped-on-nib, wrong-ink, barrel-cracked, threads-stripped, jeans'-pocket-sat-on, lost, ink-leaking, home-repairs-gone-wrong etc) are from men.

Maybe "girlie" pens' smaller size and light weight is the norm, and manufacturers only produce large, heavy pens because men can't look after pens properly?

• 2 months later...

+1 for Ghost Plane. My first fountain pen was a Waterman Laureat. Now, after getting a Visconti Homo Sapiens, the Waterman seems too small.

I don't have large hands either.

For the kind husband, it all comes down to the size fountain pen his wife tends to like best or the looks of the pen. Maybe she would end up liking a larger pen. We women with our purses can protect our fountain pens better than the gents.

My prettiest pen is a Platinum Maki-e Autumn Falling Leaves. But it's on the small side. Mmm, Visconti! But, the Platinum Maki-e Cherry Blossom fountain pen might be one for the OP to consider.

http://www.gouletpens.com/Platinum_Kanazawa_Leaf_Swirling_Petals_M_p/plat-ptl-15000h-52-m.htm

No affiliation with Goulet Pens, simply a customer.

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

Considered an Edison Production Line model?

Excellent idea. I really like my Edison pen (though not a Production Line model).

Posted Image

On the lower end of the price range and very feminine and elegant (at least to my eyes) how about a Picasso King of Sweden? Of the Chinese pens Picasso, Keigelu and Duke are my favorites. Duke has a music pen that sometimes shows up in fountain pen format and is quite feminine but I don't own one. I do own a Ling of Sweden in Purple and it's my favorite pen with a nail nib. If she likes the Jinhao she will probably like the Picasso.

Correction- the pen I own and wanted to recommend id the Picasso Swiss Flower. They look very similar in pictures but I don't own a King of Sweden/Swedish Flower King pen to know for sure.

Edited by Christi0469

I love my Cavalier but be warned that it's very slender, like pencil diameter slender. It has nice weight for its size, though.

Life's too short to use crappy pens.  -carlos.q

What about the new white TWSBI Diamond 580 Rose Gold?? It looks a lot like the Pelikan in White Tortoise, just a but less expensive at a price of $70.

I's pretty feminine if you ask me :D

http://fpgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/twsbi-mini-white-rose-gold.jpg

Edited by Ebu