Montblanc Meisterstück 12 & 14 From 1960

turnero

I did a review of these classic fountain pens in 14 short videos that show every detail of the pen

in English

auf deutsch

en Español:

Edited by turnero

Peter Unbehauen ::-:: http://www.peterunbehauen.de

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• turnero

• overwriter

• jar

• Mister5

Nice ;)

A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too...

Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F.

Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

Nice review of a couple of pens we rarely if ever see in Canada,

Thank you,

Nice review of a couple of pens we rarely if ever see in Canada,

Thank you,

Here is one of the 14+ videos I made on the subject.I hope you feel like you not only see, but you own it when I get as close as I can Edited by turnero

Very nice. Thank you.

Now, where does one find one in Canada?

If you don't want to break the bank look at ebay germany. Lot of ''user grade'' MB 12/14. 22/24 are generally available at reasonable price(auction format). Got two 22: one broad, one fine for less then 100$ a piece. Just make sure the seller accept paypal(lot of ebay germany sellers use direct bank transfer) and that they ship worldwide.

If you don't want to break the bank look at ebay germany. Lot of ''user grade'' MB 12/14. 22/24 are generally available at reasonable price(auction format). Got two 22: one broad, one fine for less then 100$ a piece. Just make sure the seller accept paypal(lot of ebay germany sellers use direct bank transfer) and that they ship worldwide.

Thank you for the information. I will look.

Wing nibs: Fountain Pens that can fly

Puntas de ala: Plumas que pueden volar

Flügelfedern

00:25 in search of the lost fountain pen

12:42 en busca de la pluma perdida

19:03 auf der Suche nach dem verlorenen Füllfederhalter

Edited by turnero

Thank you, I will look.

I bought my 14 on Ebay. It is a great pen. Mine also came with a lovely leather 3 pen case, the original instructional papers and warranty. Total cost was 200.00.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

• 2 years later...

Thanks Peter for these informative videos! I actually purchased the MB 12 over at Geeks after seeing one of your videos. These are definitely of another era... fits in with the Imperials, Parker 51/61, Lamy 2000. I also like the fit in the hand. I don't require a big section or a large pen. This is a really light pen and I could see this being an advangage over long writing sessions.

The MB 12 reminds me of a child a Pilot e95s and a vintage Aurora 88.

Also I had no idea that the Montblanc 12 came apart when I bought it - so when I saw your video I was blown away and delighted. I'm not peachy keen on sending pens out for maintenance unless really necessary so even if I might pay a little more money initally for this piston filler - and its still not a lot - I think the fact that I can totally strip it any maintain it.

These videos should be required viewing for any prospective MB 12/14 purchaser, or anyone thinking about purchasing the other "lower end" models from that era.

Inked: Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black); Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)

Thanks Peter for these informative videos! I actually purchased the MB 12 over at Geeks after seeing one of your videos. These are definitely of another era... fits in with the Imperials, Parker 51/61, Lamy 2000. I also like the fit in the hand. I don't require a big section or a large pen. This is a really light pen and I could see this being an advangage over long writing sessions.

The MB 12 reminds me of a child a Pilot e95s and a vintage Aurora 88.

Also I had no idea that the Montblanc 12 came apart when I bought it - so when I saw your video I was blown away and delighted. I'm not peachy keen on sending pens out for maintenance unless really necessary so even if I might pay a little more money initally for this piston filler - and its still not a lot - I think the fact that I can totally strip it any maintain it.

These videos should be required viewing for any prospective MB 12/14 purchaser, or anyone thinking about purchasing the other "lower end" models from that era.

Remember the 12/14 were not lower end, they were near the top.

http://www.fototime.com/CAA5A1577DAA0DC/large.jpg

My Website

Thanks Jar. That's right. I didn't mean to infer that the 12 or 14 were in the lower end, but there were other pens that were considered lower end like the 22 or 34. I think the MB 12 & 14 are classified as Meisterstruck.

I love these historical docs.

Interesting to see the Lifetime guarantee. Is it the Meisterstruck pens that would get a lifetime warranty? Parker and Sheaffer had to give those up years ago I think. How long did they keep up the lifetime warranty.

The OF nib for the MB 14 piqued my interest.

The vast :) assortment of inks for sale offered is interesting to note.

Inked: Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black); Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)

Thanks Jar. That's right. I didn't mean to infer that the 12 or 14 were in the lower end, but there were other pens that were considered lower end like the 22 or 34. I think the MB 12 & 14 are classified as Meisterstruck.

I love these historical docs.

Interesting to see the Lifetime guarantee. Is it the Meisterstruck pens that would get a lifetime warranty? Parker and Sheaffer had to give those up years ago I think. How long did they keep up the lifetime warranty.

The OF nib for the MB 14 piqued my interest.

The vast :) assortment of inks for sale offered is interesting to note.

They were still using the term "Lifetime Warranty" as late as the 60s, maybe even the 70s.

My Website

• 3 months later...