Best After Sale Customer Service?

lzykramer

Which Brand provide the best Customer service? Not authorised dealers but brands? For example the speed of repair, turnaround time etc.

Thank you for your replies in advance. I am new here :P :P :P

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lzykramer

• FloatingFountain

• cambookpro

• risingsun

Lamy is pretty unquestionable in this aspect as well. Lamy 2000 w/i leaking piston seal that's a gift w/o a receipt? No problem. Mailed to Filofax. Week and a half later, old nib in a new Lamy 2000 body shows up in mail.

Calculating.

No personal experience but my understanding is that TWSBI has very good if not great customer service.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I have also had phenomenal service from Lamy USA. I think my pen was back to me within, like, five days. Franklin-Christoph is also excellent in this regard.

I had great experience with Franklin-Christoph too. Lamy Germany is a bit slow on responde for email. I had a broken Visconti Cap took them 4 weeks to exchange which is reasonable. Omas was also 4 weeks (service). Do Italian companies generally takes longer to respond? :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

I have always had great service from Montblanc.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

Had VERY positive experiences with TWSBI, Monteverde and Pilot. Great people, good turnaround and they followed through with what they said they would do!

Thank you Philip, Clara and Holly!

No affiliation.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Cross. Sent in a 35 year old ballpoint. No receipt, no proof of purchase, pretty well beat up. Returned in new condition, no questions asked. Had good service from Parker and Pelikan. Sailor is the worst.

Pelikan 100; Parker Duofold; Sheaffer Balance; Eversharp Skyline; Aurora 88 Piston; Aurora 88 hooded; Kaweco Sport; Sailor Pro Gear

Eca de Queroiz: "Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently, and for the same reason."

In Romania, service only by sending pens to the manufacturers.

Edited by Alex2014

In Germany great service offers Pelikan and Lamy. Complicated is Parker and Montblanc. Based on my experiences.

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher. (Einstein)

http://www.facebook.com/GuentherDebertin

My purely subjective answer is Montblanc.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

I've only ever had to deal with Newell Rubbermaid (Parker), but they've been very good and I can't really fault them. Respond fairly quickly to emails, too.

Parker 75, Ingenuity, Premier, Sonnet, Urban | Pelikan M400 | TWSBI Diamond 580 | Visconti Rembrandt

Currently inked: Diamine Apple Glory (Rembrandt), Pelikan 4001 Turquoise (M400), Lamy Black (Diamond 580)

Parker.....

I've been waiting for a Duofold International Fine for almost a month now... To be honest, I'm dreading how long it would take to get a pen repaired by Parker. I don't want to cancel this order, because the retailer did me a favor regarding swapping and trading some pens in my collection, and because I'd rather not order such an expensive item abroad if I can help it.

Edited by FloatingFountain

I've been waiting for a Duofold International Fine for almost a month now... To be honest, I'm dreading how long it would take to get a pen repaired by Parker. I don't want to cancel this order, because the retailer did me a favor regarding swapping and trading some pens in my collection, and because I'd rather not order such an expensive item abroad if I can help it.

My Sonnet was received and sent back to me in just over a week. They do send them all to France though, and I think their postal system may be a bit inconsistent. I'm not sure if nib swaps would take longer, but they may do.

Parker 75, Ingenuity, Premier, Sonnet, Urban | Pelikan M400 | TWSBI Diamond 580 | Visconti Rembrandt

Currently inked: Diamine Apple Glory (Rembrandt), Pelikan 4001 Turquoise (M400), Lamy Black (Diamond 580)

Cross. Sent in a 35 year old ballpoint. No receipt, no proof of purchase, pretty well beat up. Returned in new condition, no questions asked. Had good service from Parker and Pelikan. Sailor is the worst.

Could you share you experience with Sailor? Because I love their nib, but their repair seems to be poor , is it because they are the smallest among the three Japanese pen makers? :huh: :huh:

Cross just repaired my 12 year old Century Classic 2 free of charge.

That's pretty good.

The pen shop concession in Reading helped me sort it out.

Cross for me, but every company needs to be Zippo in this respect. My lighter fell out of my pocket when I was getting into my car and managed to run it over. Sent it in with a letter saying what happened and about a month later they sent me the crushed one back along with a shiny new one to replace it.

Edited by Namru

I've never had to contact the actual brand of the pens/inks that I have but Cultpens have great after sale customer service.