JustWrite Pen Company

Great, the fist of the flock has come home to roost! Don't let on to what the surprise is, otherwise it wouldn't be a surprise! Oh, and since I didn't actually order any of the ink (although I did consider getting a sample set), if you are interested in seeing the ink on a Flex Art Review, I'm willing to accept samples to do that. Another successful inkvasion is in the history book!

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sinistral1

• Jamerelbe

• JustWrite Pen Company

• vossad01

Yay! I received mine today and everything looks great! No leaks at all. Thank you for the surprise as well!!! And thanks again for organizing!!

I got mine, too!

I'll be happy to send you some samples - just need to find some of the spare sample bottles.

Julie

I got mine today as well. Thanks for organizing this!

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/fpn_1424623518__super_pinks-bottle%20resized_zps9ihtoixe.png

Thanks - no rush on the samples. I've got over 80 samples waiting to be done!

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

I received my ink this afternoon! Thanks again and thanks for the surprise! :-) Love the ink,too.

Will members Justin_B and bleair please let me know if their ink order arrived safely to confirm the information on the USPS website indicates? Thank you!

Got mine today :)

Now to figure out what to put the ink into and start writing.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Oh, and since I didn't actually order any of the ink (although I did consider getting a sample set) [...] I'm willing to accept samples

Not sure about how practical the logistics would be of making a sample set when I pick up my ink. I have vials from Dillon. I think I only have 7 syringes though, so that would only get through half the colors.

Edited by vossad01

I could give you the vials and money for postage and you could send the samples after you get home - would that work?

That won't make nearly as good of story as scrambling trying to fill ink sample vials in a parking lot, but sounds much more practical :). If you are willing to help with postage, it won't be an issue at all for me to fill up vials and send them to you.

Will members Justin_B and bleair please let me know if their ink order arrived safely to confirm the information on the USPS website indicates? Thank you!

The inks arrived and in great shape, plus there was a bit of candy neatly packed.. what a cool and fun little bonus!

Thank you so much for putting all this together. I'm at work and have to do laundry and pack for a trip tomorrow, but even if I can't get a writing sample up tonight I will do one soon.

Thanks again!

Links to a couple of pictures of mine over on Instagram

Pic 1

Pic 2

Thank you again!!!

Review coming soon to IG and my blog.

pentulant [adjective]: immodest or wanton in search of all things related to pens<BR> [proper noun]: Christine Witt Visit Pentulant<br>

President, Brush Dance - we make high-quality, mindful Calendars, Planners, Journals, and other fun stuff you'll love

It looks like the cap can be put back on if you don't want to decant the whole bag all at once. My other thought - could you use a syringe to add a little water to what remains, and squish it around to try to capture all of inky the goodness? You could use the syringe to suck up the last drops. Nice photos!

I do think the cap could be put back on and it would reliably hold the ink in - maybe I'll test it out in a sink overnight - we'll see ;)

I think that was is left in the bag is literally just drops. My Noodler's 30ml bottle was filled. I was having a hard time even getting a q-tip full of ink out of the bag at the end there!

It looks like the cap can be put back on if you don't want to decant the whole bag all at once. My other thought - could you use a syringe to add a little water to what remains, and squish it around to try to capture all of inky the goodness? You could use the syringe to suck up the last drops. Nice photos!

pentulant [adjective]: immodest or wanton in search of all things related to pens<BR> [proper noun]: Christine Witt Visit Pentulant<br>

President, Brush Dance - we make high-quality, mindful Calendars, Planners, Journals, and other fun stuff you'll love

It looks like the cap can be put back on if you don't want to decant the whole bag all at once.

Yes, the cap can be replaced and left over ink left in the pouch. These pouches are reusable grade pouches, much stronger than the single use pouches that you see in the supermarkets with food in them. The cap can be replaced and they can be reused - they're dishwasher and microwave safe. They were actually designed for home made baby food.

You can improve the ink's shelf life in the pouches by squeezing the pouch to remove as much air as possible.

Kevin Watson
Blackstone Ink :: JustWrite Pen Company, Australia
Website: www.justwrite.com.au www.blackstone.inkEmail: info@justwrite.com.au

• 3 weeks later...

I am horrifed to discover I missed out on this. Please, please, please notify me if another group buy is organized.

The last of the Toucan Ink Group Buy order was delivered today! Mission accomplished - G'day!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sinistra

I am sure your pooch is not worthless. He/She gives you lots of loving and kisses. He/She just has issues catching those frisky wabbits.

Regards, Manny D.

• 2 weeks later...

I was the last one to receive my inks because I choose to wait to pick them up during a trip I had scheduled to Sinistral's area. I will get around to writing about some of my experiences with the inks (has been positive), but that will come later. For now just a quick PSA to trust by verify the caps. I was storing them on their side in the bag they came in and got really lucky that the ink seems to have been contained in it and did not get all over where I had been storing the inks.

14869786674_34ff059f9a_z.jpg
(this side was down)

14685603059_2fffd17aba_z.jpg

This seems to be the offender. Crimson. I tipped it upside down and it is definitely leaking from under the cap. The cap is definitely on securely. Probably was just a bad bag.

Now to go clean up the rest of the pouches.