Pilot Metropolitan

h.farmawi

Hello guys !
its not the first review for this pen for sure but i said i want to review this pen also :P, i also wanted to write something so here you go..

Ps : thanks Mr. Joe for the pen !http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n187/hfarmawi/pilotmetropolitan_zpsd102db91.jpghttp://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n187/hfarmawi/IMG101_zps6bf17ca3.jpg

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• h.farmawi

• KBeezie

• nakiana

• WilsonCQB1911

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well im writing for about an hour i rellay like this pen! :D

I had one for a while. It was a very smooth writer, a good weight, very consistent, and not picky about inks. Unfortunately, I did not care for the step, which was disappointing, because otherwise I really liked it. In my opinion, it would be hard to find a better or comparable pen for the money. I'm glad you like it!

Nice. I too love the nib on my Metropolitan, a medium much like yours. Though the only ink I've been using with it is a Pilot Black cartridge it came with (and I got 12 more of those), as it works quite well with the Pilot Black.

And like you said, the flow keeps up. It's probably my best sub-20$ pen.

I had one for a while. It was a very smooth writer, a good weight, very consistent, and not picky about inks. Unfortunately, I did not care for the step, which was disappointing, because otherwise I really liked it. In my opinion, it would be hard to find a better or comparable pen for the money. I'm glad you like it!

Nice. I too love the nib on my Metropolitan, a medium much like yours. Though the only ink I've been using with it is a Pilot Black cartridge it came with (and I got 12 more of those), as it works quite well with the Pilot Black.

And like you said, the flow keeps up. It's probably my best sub-20$ pen.

this pen writes perfectly good i did exepct it to be good but not this way its perfectly good! i really like this pen its one of my favorite pens now i just cant stop writing with it.

this pen writes perfectly good i did exepct it to be good but not this way its perfectly good! i really like this pen its one of my favorite pens now i just cant stop writing with it.

Would this be a bad time to mention you can buy a 78G with a Broad Stub and actually put the whole section (or just the nib) onto a metro? :D (or a 78G with a Fine, if a metro with a fine is not available in your area).

Edited by KBeezie

Would this be a bad time to mention you can buy a 78G with a Broad Stub and actually put the whole section (or just the nib) onto a metro? :D (or a 78G with a Fine, if a metro with a fine is not available in your area).

of course it is! :P I was thinking of one since I've watched a review of this pen and the guy mentioned this..... so an new pilot is on the list for sure !

I just picked up a Pilot Metropolitan in taupe with a "lizard" pattern band and Fine nib. Pilot brought out a new line of finishes in both M and F nibs. I bought an M previously and find it to be a really nice writer with a smooth steel nib. At its bargain price (~ $15), it feels great, includes both a converter and a cartridge, and writes very well.

I don't find the step between the section and barrel to be much of a hindrance. The solid metal barrel gives it a nice heft, but it's not heavy.

The F nib writes like a western XF, which is to be expected. It's quite smooth for an XF nib, only showing some tooth if one presses too hard. I'm writing on cheap photocopy paper, so that's not a fair test of the nib. On better paper, I'm sure the nib will feel even better.

Here's a test on better paper, Hammermill 24 lb multipurpose paper using FPN Van Gogh Starry Night ink. Sorry for the quality of the photos, they were shot with a smartphone just now. Attached. Paper is 5.5" wide, to give you a frame of reference.

post-6387-0-60680300-1400544160_thumb.jpg

post-6387-0-68070400-1400544642_thumb.jpeg

Edited by wikeh2004

Guys- please post it in the correct forum, under Japanese pens. Pilot is a Japanese manufacturer.

Guys- please post it in the correct forum, under Japanese pens. Pilot is a Japanese manufacturer.

Where was it before (because it's in Japan section currently)? If you mean in Miscellaneous brands, well it technically is, since one subforum is region specific, the others are brand specific, so... could have gone into either.

They really are nice pens.

I have been using one at work for a few months now; however, I just picked up another with a fine nib and some Diamine Red Dragon ink. It writes just as smoothly as the medium nib but with a finer line (obviously) I was worried the nib wouldn't be as smooth and would be scratchy but I was pleasantly surprised. This is going to make a great mark-up pen for work. If anybody wants a finer nib but is on the fence because they are worried about the nib, take the jump, they are great.

Where was it before (because it's in Japan section currently)? If you mean in Miscellaneous brands, well it technically is, since one subforum is region specific, the others are brand specific, so... could have gone into either.

it was in Miscellaneous brands, next time will got for the ''made sub-forum'' sorry Mr. Wolverine1 !