I think I have lost a few vintage pens. I sent them to the Fountain Pen Hospital and the Postal service says they were delivered -after closing time! And they were nice... A Parker Challenger, a copper Esterbrook, my nice little Wearever, a Sheaffer Balance... A lovely man at FPH is doing his best to try to find them but I am not hopeful at this point. Very upset, and sorry for posting something so trivial but I knew you all would understand. :(

Edited by Mardi13

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mardi13

• mhguda

• knarflj

• Matth13

Top Posters In This Topic

"Delivery" was "made" Tuesday evening, after FPH closed

Waaaaaah is indeed the correct expression to use when ones finest pens maybe lost. It's nice to see the correct word being used!

But on a slightly more sensible note I'm glad you're pens have not been lost!

The USPS tracking site is not at all reliable. I panicked a month or so ago when it said that an order from isellpens had been delivered in the afternoon of the day they'd predicted it would be there (several hours after the truck actually stopped at my mailbox), but the package showed up the next day. The tracking site still says it got there a day before it really did. I hope your pens are just similarly delayed.

"To read without also writing is to sleep." - St. Jerome

Well, it has a happy ending after all! I don't know how he did it! but "Glenn" in shipping searched all over the place and called his special contact at the PO and I don't know what-all, and found it!! SUCH a nice man, went really far out of his way to help me. I should send him flowers or something. Maybe I will take him some when I go to the shop in a couple of weeks.

Thanks all for being sympathetic. Whew!

Hooray! So glad they turned up. I know I would have been frantic as long as they were missing.

"To read without also writing is to sleep." - St. Jerome

I was frantic, and convinced they were gone forever. Whew!

Love a happy ending!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Happy you got your pens back. Now would be a good time to Glenn's boss know what Glenn did.

Dave Campbell
Retired Science Teacher and Active Pen Addict
Every day is a chance to reduce my level of ignorance.

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I don't think this was a trivial post at all. Those sound like nice pens, and I'm happy to know that all ended well for you.

I've lost one pen. Okay, I've probably lost a few over a lifetime, but in the past couple of years, since finding my way here, I've lost one pen (Noodler's Konrad in one of the original three colors. I was quite cranky about that.

Then last night I thought I'd lost part of the Morrison ringtop. I had just put it back into rotation a few days ago, and I've now had it come unscrewed from the cap three times (twice yesterday, once the day before). The third time I had just gotten home from the grocery store. Put stuff in the fridge, got the mail and the rest of the stuff out of the back of the ban, and it was... gone.... :gaah:

Complete panic mode -- I had been cranky about the Konrad; but this was a fairly expensive pen, and one of the three I got last summer at DCSS. Retraced my steps in the house. And the porch, and searched through the car. Then retraced my steps *again*. No pen. So I grabbed one of those clip on personal book lights, and it was back to the grocery store. Searched the parking lot, and the store, then asked at the desk. No pen, nothing like that turned in.

I was about to go home in despair, wondering how I was going to explain losing part of the pen to my husband when he got home from a meeting. Did *ONE MORE* check of the car, and found that it had fallen down between the driver's seat and the console. And managed to not land nib down :thumbup: So other than some Diamine Emerald on my fingers, no real harm done. Other than the knowledge that I'm going to be have to be really careful about that pen in future and maybe not leave the house with it....

And I had just gotten a really nice black silk lanyard made for it a couple of weekends ago.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Thanks, Ruth. And I'm always losing things like that, but so far I have not progressed to what I would call "casual use" of fountain pens. Maybe "everyday use" is a better term. Keys, glasses...I guess pens aren't far behind. I'll have to be careful if I start carrying them around.

Edit: BTW, I have a nice black Morrison that I am going to have restored, here it is:

Edited by Mardi13

Write is nice letter of thanks to FPH. Glenn's boss will have a permanent compliment, and can cite Glenn in his

own time. Better than flowers, you just told thousands of fountain pen people about good service at FPH.

Everyone complains, but surprisingly few report exceptional service.

Well done, Mardi ! .

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

I sent an email...I suppose I should have handwritten the letter but I didn't know to whom to send it by name. Anyhow, it's done!

And it is VERY important to go public with good service. Recommendations are just as valuable as warnings.

Now, to see what FPH does with my pens...they might not think them worth bothering over, I dunno.

Why don´t you write a letter with your best FP to thank FPH for their kindness? And take it and deliver by hand during your next visit.

You might even refer them to this thread.

Search who is the big potato there and address it to him.

And as per Glenn, take some good chocolate. It is a sure successful gift.

Cheers,

G

Edited by Gilberto Castaneda

Gilberto Castañeda

Something in the way you wrote the op told me inmediatly that your pens weren't lost, and thanks God they weren't.

It is a scientifically proven fact that posting a thread here on FPN about pens that appear to be lost in the mail actually sends a robotic boll weevil into the shipping system to root out the offending clot, thusly restoring proper package flow.

I've seen it happen time after time.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Edited by OcalaFlGuy

It is a scientifically proven fact that posting a thread here on FPN about pens that appear to be lost in the mail actually sends a robotic boll weevil into the shipping system to root out the offending clot, thusly restoring proper package flow.

I've seen it happen time after time.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Do you think it also works for ink? I had ordered some Hero 232 blue ink, based on a thread up here some months ago, and it never arrived. I reported it lost, the store reshipped (or at least promised to) and still nothing... still waiting, but maybe now that I've talked about it here, I may actually receive it...?

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi