Pelikan 200 Cognac

Susanna

I just received from Pelikan these new pens, very very nice: 200 COGNAC, special edition.

http://www.giardino.it/pens/pelikan/IMMAGINI/200cognacAp.jpg

"Special edition" because they're going to be produced in limited quantity for a limited time: Pelikan often makes these productions that last few months and no more. They're not numbered, but anyway they will be discontinued.

It's a smallish pen (length, closed: cm. 12,5), transparent, amber-cognac color, piston filled, gold plated nib.

Available in Giardino Italiano

(I wrote about this pen, and other new arrivals, in the latest article of my Blog: "Spring 2014 novelties: pens blossom at Giardino")

Susanna
----------
Giardino Italiano, il meglio del Made in Italy - www.giardino.it - www.pens.it

My Facebook page
My Blog: blog.giardino.it

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RMN

• migo984

• Susanna

• wykeite

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm really annoyed with Pelikan. I ordered one of these Cognacs as I thought it would complement my M250 Amber demonstrator. Looking at the publicity photos the Cognac appeared more "brown" than my Amber. I received my M200 Cognac early this week and I was so disappointed! It is EXACTLY the same colour as the Amber. The only difference between the pens (aside from the nib) is a slight variation in the caps.

Now I don't mind if a manufacturer re-issues a limited or special edition colour but I think it's completely unacceptable to issue a pen in the same colour whilst giving it a different name.

Edited by migo984

Verba volant, scripta manent

I'm really annoyed with Pelikan. I ordered one of these Cognacs as I thought it would complement my M250 Amber demonstrator. Looking at the publicity photos the Cognac appeared more "brown" than my Amber. I received my M200 Cognac early this week and I was so disappointed! It is EXACTLY the same colour as the Amber. The only difference between the pens (aside from the nib) is a slight variation in the caps.

Now I don't mind if a manufacturer re-issues a limited or special edition colour but I think it's completely unacceptable to issue a pen in the same colour whilst giving it a different name.

When was that amber issued??

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

When was that amber issued??

D.ick

I bought it from a member on FPG. It has the discontinued Binder M250 mono-tone 14k gold nib, EF full flex. I think it was issued 2007-08 but I'm not sure

Edited by migo984

Verba volant, scripta manent

I like the color but I think Pelikan are charging way too much for it. I mean I've been looking to get an M200 more likely am M215 (I like the art-deco style + added weight would be good) for a while but when the regular variants cost about £60 on amazon in the UK and the cognac costs £100 it seems too much for just a fancy color.

Kind of hoping a purchase I've been waiting on for 2 weeks from Germany doesn't turn up (so I can complain and go for an M215 instead). That way I can get an M215 sooner rather then latter as I really like the look of it.

probably would go for this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pelikan-959452-Fountain-Rectangular-Design/dp/B0016CDONG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1399718759&sr=8-3&keywords=pelikan+m215

The amber M250 is shown here withe the M400 white torty so it was being sold at least as recently as 2004. Can't really tell more than that.

post-95756-0-72116400-1399732467_thumb.jpg

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Any chance Pelikan will offer the Cognac in a larger size? Sadly, the 200 is much too small for me.

thanks Konis for the picture showing that the nib has tipping....lol :P :wub: I also like to cognac staging for the pen...... Vera

I could not agree more! I am bitterly disappointed with the so-called new Cognac and its greatly inflated price. Grrrr!!!

It seems Pelikan is turning out a new LE coloured demonstrator on the 200 every year. Likely that after 10 years a similar colour turns up. Same goes for the Pilot VP and the Lamy Safari. No doubt the colour is slightly off compared to 10 years ago.

But why the anger? Are you under contract to buy every Pelikan LE? If you don't like the colour, or already have one like it you simply pass this one.

For the folks who did not get an amber one 10 years ago this might be an opportunity to get one. I am tempted because of the Italic stub nib. But these pens are too light to my tastes so I'll probably pass this one.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

This is what Pelikan does best - an honest to goodness piston filler, no bells and whistles, but love and care in the detail. I haven't been this happy about a pen since I got my first Pelikan Tradition in ... well, it must have been 1987 or 1988, and it was a modest M100 that I still use and love. Forget all the hype, this is an honest pen for a slightly inflated price. But which pen prices aren't inflated?

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a couple of modern Pelikans, an M200 and an M605. While nice pens and I am another that thinks the steel nib on the 200 is superior to the gold nibs I can't help thinking a vintage Pelikan is a better buy. Last week I bought a 400NN with a 14k EF nib for £65 and is IMHO a far superior pen to either of the aforementioned both in terms of quality and how it suits my writing style.

Very little attracts me to modern CNC produced Pelikans and I doubt I shall purchase any more. I've got a 400NN Tortoise at the sorting office waiting to be picked up tomorrow, snagged for less than a modern M400 - no contest!

Born British, English by the Grace of God.