Officeworks: Rhodia Pads And Clairefontaine Notebooks Available

SNAK

Hi fellow Australian FPN members,

I just wanted to let you know in case you aren't aware, that Officeworks now carry A4 and A5 Rhodia pads (I saw dot pads, ruled, plain, graph, yellow w/margin) and notebooks, as well as Clairefontaine Clothbound notebooks in various sizes.

I have just been to Officeworks Dee Why in Sydney and they had a really good selection there. The price was the same as what Notemaker offers without their volume or VIP discount.

In the past I have bought my Rhodia/CF notebooks from Notemaker or Nation State online, but it is great to know that in an emergency I can just pop into a physical store in the next suburb to pick up my favourite fountain pen friendly notebooks and pads.

Just a heads up that these wonderful notebooks are now available in many suburbs.

(I am not affiliated with any of the stores mentioned above, just a happy customer.)

SNAK

P.S. I also saw some Moleskine notebooks on the shelf too, but I don't bother with them any more so I didn't check them out very carefully.

Edited by SNAK

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SNAK

• inkypete

• parnesh

• dcwaites

Top Posters In This Topic

G'day Snak. There is another thread with this news. Great for us Aussies.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Thanks for the info. I tend to mainly use dots printed into 100 gsm HP copy paper but I do break out the Rhodia pads on occasion and this is certainly good to know.

inkypete is right, in my excitement to have found my favourite notebooks at my local Officeworks, I only did a cursory search and didn't find the already existing post on this topic from a week ago. I have just found it, the post inkypete mentions is here: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/265572-aussie-alert-officeworks-add-new-line/.

While you're there, pick up a ream of the Fuji-Xerox Sustainable Earth 85gsm copy paper. It's as good as any other copy paper I have tried, and better than most.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Gosh, so months of my kicking up a fuss in their Perth shops and complaining about not getting high quality paper and using both these names which they said they had never heard of, and showing them some Apica Premium notebooks finally paid off!

Thanks for the info. I tend to mainly use dots printed into 100 gsm HP copy paper but I do break out the Rhodia pads on occasion and this is certainly good to know.

Do you use a special software to print the dots on A4 paper? I'd be interested in printing out my own too.

While you're there, pick up a ream of the Fuji-Xerox Sustainable Earth 85gsm copy paper. It's as good as any other copy paper I have tried, and better than most.

I've always stuck with Reflex white so I will give your suggestion a try next time I'm there. Thanks!

G'day Snak. There is another thread with this news. Great for us Aussies.

Isn't this the greatest news? I was so excited when I saw the rows of orange Rhodia pads on the shelves. I wonder if they carry the black version, as I only saw orange Rhodia pads at my local Officeworks? Did you see any black Rhodia pads at your local store?

Gosh, so months of my kicking up a fuss in their Perth shops and complaining about not getting high quality paper and using both these names which they said they had never heard of, and showing them some Apica Premium notebooks finally paid off!

Perhaps your kicking up a fuss did some good. I am a firm believer that customer feedback will eventually be noticed. I used to use Apica Premium too, the 7mm ruled ones with dark blue cover. I do enjoy my Clairefontaine notebooks slightly better, because of the pure white paper and it seemed to do better with really wet writers in the bleed/show through department (CF never had bleed through, Apica Premium had some). Plus, ordering in the Apica Premium notebooks from Japan became quite expensive quickly.

Edited by SNAK

Do you use a special software to print the dots on A4 paper? I'd be interested in printing out my own too.

I used http://www.worksheetworks.com/miscellanea/graph-paper.html to generate iso metric dot paper to my specs. This gives you a single page PDF. I then created a two page PDF and just print that off like you normally would.

There are similar sites for lined paper etc.

The main thing now is to buy from Officeworks. If they don't sell enough it will be off the shelves very quickly.

Hi fellow Australian FPN members,

I just wanted to let you know in case you aren't aware, that Officeworks now carry A4 and A5 Rhodia pads (I saw dot pads, ruled, plain, graph, yellow w/margin) and notebooks, as well as Clairefontaine Clothbound notebooks in various sizes.

I have just been to Officeworks Dee Why in Sydney and they had a really good selection there. The price was the same as what Notemaker offers without their volume or VIP discount.

In the past I have bought my Rhodia/CF notebooks from Notemaker or Nation State online, but it is great to know that in an emergency I can just pop into a physical store in the next suburb to pick up my favourite fountain pen friendly notebooks and pads.

Just a heads up that these wonderful notebooks are now available in many suburbs.

(I am not affiliated with any of the stores mentioned above, just a happy customer.)

SNAK

P.S. I also saw some Moleskine notebooks on the shelf too, but I don't bother with them any more so I didn't check them out very carefully.

Thanks SNAK for the information, just purchased my very first Rhodia dotpads (3) today.

I used http://www.worksheetworks.com/miscellanea/graph-paper.html to generate iso metric dot paper to my specs. This gives you a single page PDF. I then created a two page PDF and just print that off like you normally would.

There are similar sites for lined paper etc.

This is really handy. Once it's a PDF I can then change the colour of the dots or whatever. I will be trying this out very soon. Thanks for the link!

The main thing now is to buy from Officeworks. If they don't sell enough it will be off the shelves very quickly.

This is very true. I will buy some more from my local store and try to encourage them to keep the variety of sizes in stock. The cost per notebook may be slightly more expensive than buying from my regular online sources, but when I think about how I tend to add items that I don't really *need* in shopping carts just so I will get over the free shipping threshold, things will end up costing me more in the long run any way.

Thanks SNAK for the information, just purchased my very first Rhodia dotpads (3) today.

I am sure you will enjoy the smooth paper with your FP. I will try to get some smaller size Rhodia pads that I hadn't tried before. I only have A4 and A5 size pads, so smaller reporters pads will be interesting.

• 5 months later...

When I check online they are all still listed but check stocks at your local store and most come up as limited - thats a bad sign. Looks like they are on the way out. Better watch out for clearance prices - might be some bargains if they do clear.