Mb Boheme Or Heritage 1912

DBQMary

the Boheme is one of my most comfortable pens to write with. You have to try them out at a boutique to see how they fit in your hand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DBQMary

• meiers

• Pentulant

• RPB

Top Posters In This Topic

Just received call from MB Boutique stating they are shipping my XF Heritage 1912 today. I can't wait. But still thinking about the Boheme.....

I would go with the Heritage, but that's just me. You will find plenty of faithful Boheme fans around here as well.

The heritage 1912 for me please. I love piston fillers. And the nib on this pen is quite unusual. It has a little flex and a definite vintage feel to it.

The heritage has a very understated and beautiful appearance which I really appreciate.

For the last ten months this pen has been my constant companion.

A joy to write with.

I finally settled on the Heritage 1912. I purchased it on May 20th at MB Boutique in Chicago. It was sent to Germany since I wanted the XF nib.

It arrived today and I could not be happier. The pen is stunning with the MOP star. The nib is like none of my other pens. It is closer to what I expect for an XF and a pleasure to use. Having it retract is unique and adds to the design. I was a little surprised by the size. Smaller than I expected but that was before the nib was shown. It has been a real joy to use and I am thrilled with my decision.

But I do feel the Boheme may be in my future.

Thanks for all the comments and recommendations.

congrats! I'm waiting for my 1912 to be returned from Germany. I too opted for a nib change to EF. Hearing how you love love the new nib just makes me more impatient for it's return

• 3 weeks later...

Heritage is the one !!!

After the Meisterstuck 149 , the John lennon , the heritage is the one , It has a piston Fuller , a retractable nib and and also a confort in the with the nib , the quality of product ...

have so much pleasure with the heritage 1912. I am using this pen for every use and I like it so much ...... Enjoy !!!!

Heritage is the one !!!

After the Meisterstuck 149 , the John lennon , the heritage is the one , It has a piston Fuller , a retractable nib and and also a confort in the with the nib , the quality of product ...

have so much pleasure with the heritage 1912. I am using this pen for every use and I like it so much ...... Enjoy !!!!

jpblu - I could not agree more. The rest of my collection have been resting since I received my Heritage 1912. It is a wonderful pen.

I am a HUGE fan of the Heritage... and I really am NOT a fan of the Boheme. I think the Boheme doesn't look sleek enough... it's bulky and weird looking. Like a car from the late 80s or early 90s. The Heritage is sleek and timeless, in my opinion.

Montblanc Pen PolishFountain Pen Flush

I am a HUGE fan of the Heritage... and I really am NOT a fan of the Boheme. I think the Boheme doesn't look sleek enough... it's bulky and weird looking. Like a car from the late 80s or early 90s. The Heritage is sleek and timeless, in my opinion.

lol squarey and with flat vertical rear window

'The Yo-Yo maneuver is very difficult to explain. It was first perfected by the well-known Chinese fighter pilot Yo-Yo Noritake. He also found it difficult to explain, being quite devoid of English.

So we left it at that. He showed us the maneuver after a sort. B*****d stole my kill.'

-Squadron Leader K. G. Holland, RAF. WWII China.

lol squarey and with flat vertical rear window

YUP!

With square headlights that pop up and 16 inch solid metal wheels.

Montblanc Pen PolishFountain Pen Flush

Last weekend I had the chance to test booth with - I think - BB nibs. Both have compared to the Montblancs I know (144, 145, 146) nicely springy nibs. So it is possible to get some line variation. Unfortunately the pocket Boheme did a lot of railroading. So if I would have to choose between both I would take the Heritage.

Edited by Cepasaccus

• 10 months later...

I know it's been a while since this thread was started, but have just got back from holding and test-writing both a Heritage and a Boheme, and unexpectedly it's the Boheme that called to me. The nib just looked more in keeping with the pen (I didn't like the look of the Heritage's nib) and it just had a wow factor that I found lacking in the Heritage, which uncapped and unposted is a very boring looking pen, to my eyes.

Yes, the nib on the Heritage had a pleasing softness, but I've got other, nicer nibs with that characteristic, and for me, the cost is too much for what I'd be getting.

I don't mind cartridge-fill pens at all (so easy to flush!), and the screw-on posting is so great, wish more pens had that feature.

So, while I went into the boutique not even expecting to look at the Boheme, that's the one I'll buy.

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

I know it's been a while since this thread was started, but have just got back from holding and test-writing both a Heritage and a Boheme, and unexpectedly it's the Boheme that called to me. The nib just looked more in keeping with the pen (I didn't like the look of the Heritage's nib) and it just had a wow factor that I found lacking in the Heritage, which uncapped and unposted is a very boring looking pen, to my eyes.

Yes, the nib on the Heritage had a pleasing softness, but I've got other, nicer nibs with that characteristic, and for me, the cost is too much for what I'd be getting.

I don't mind cartridge-fill pens at all (so easy to flush!), and the screw-on posting is so great, wish more pens had that feature.

So, while I went into the boutique not even expecting to look at the Boheme, that's the one I'll buy.

I bought the Heritage because I like it more, later to realize I didn't take it with me unless I had my briefcase. Seemed like a perfect excuse to buy a Boheme for all those times I don't use the heritage, ie. Carrying in my shirt pocket. If I had to choose it would be the Heritage but there is a place for both. (Bought a beautiful used Boheme, so at the end it didn't break the bank account)

I do wish that the Heritage held more ink. But, at least it's not a cartridge pen -- nice though some MB cartridge pens are, they're a pain in the xyz to clean or change colors. I've got one and I've flushed it over two dozen times and the previous color ink still keeps coming out.

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

• 3 months later...

I do wish that the Heritage held more ink. But, at least it's not a cartridge pen -- nice though some MB cartridge pens are, they're a pain in the xyz to clean or change colors. I've got one and I've flushed it over two dozen times and the previous color ink still keeps coming out.

I am the opposite. I think cc pens are the easiest to clean. Take the converter out, and then use a bulb syringe to flush the nib unit like a dream. I don't even need to twist the converter once. With a piston filler (but I do have several), some ink like purple would just refused to go away. :) I wish mb piston fillers can be easily taken apart for flushing.

Heritage is the one !!!

It's my everyday writer.

Most of the reviews are positive for the 1912 over the Boheme. I would suggest an alternative answer: neither.

I purchased a 1912 pen based on enthusiastic reviews and internet pictures. It was in the box at the authorized dealer so I bought it sight unseen. I was shocked when I opened the box to see such a tiny unimpressive pen. Fortunately, I was able to return it for a full refund. This reaction is the opposite of my usual reaction which is that the MB pen is more impressive in real life. This is clearly a ladies or childs pen. It could only be made into a small/medium size pen by posting the cap, but that is impossible because of a safety pin in the cap that prevents it. That fact alone is a non-starter. If a pen can't be capped it does not belong to me. Its small size explains the reduced ink capacity. Can someone explain to me what a retractible nib is for anyway? Apparently, if you clean the pen incorrectly (or at all) the mechanism will rust. It would be cool if a 149 nib came out of the barrel so that the observer of this unnecessary action would be suitably impressed (like the rarer large size Boheme). But, out comes this little flat tin-coloured thing that looks like it was stamped out of a Campbell's soup can. If I spend $1000 on a pen the revealing of the pen nib should send people running for cover! The barrel styling is "tuyau d'egout noir" which means it could be replicated by anyone with a hack saw and some sandpaper after a trip to Home Depot.

Each to their own, but this pen is very small and its design is plain. If a buyer is interested in purchasing one, I would advise going to a retailer to see one first.