Aurora Notebook

Jebus

While looking for a daily notebook the first thing on my mind was the classical Aurora linen covered notebook.

It's quite often seen here in Belgium but does not get that much attention on this forum. Is it something typical of my country?

The paper quality will do for a daily notebook and the firmness does add value when carrying it arround.

In my experience it is a iconic notebook that is fountainpen friendly.

Is anybody else using it? Or perhaps just avoiding this notebook?

There are more things in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jebus

• Hyunato

• Anneleen

• carlos.q

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for what it's worth, I didn't even know there wás an Aurora notebook.

I was surprised they still sell ink. The brand seemed dead to me, I never saw anything about it and the FP's they offer are quite hard to get for me in The Netherlands.

I've checked in the past as I had an Aurora FP in high school.

As I now check my two favourite online stores, I can't find any Aurora paper. It seems it is indeed something typical of your country. I'm interested to hear what other people have to say.

Kind regards,

As I now check my two favourite online stores, I can't find any Aurora paper. It seems it is indeed something typical of your country. I'm interested to hear what other people have to say.

Strange that's it's not known in the Netherlands. It's part of the Bur-O-Class range and the website is refering to the notebook as:

• for 75 years the leading Superior notepad
  • grey linen cover
  • white 80g paper
  • with red edges

There are more things in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

I've held that one before, but somehow I thought it wouldn't be fountain pen friendly. Have you noticed ghosting and the like with wetter inks?

Strange that's it's not known in the Netherlands. It's part of the Bur-O-Class range and the website is refering to the notebook as:

• for 75 years the leading Superior notepad
  • grey linen cover
  • white 80g paper
  • with red edges

This does not seem to be the same Aurora company that makes pens and ink. :unsure:

This does not seem to be the same Aurora company that makes pens and ink. :unsure:

You're right - it's definitely a different company.

The Italian Aurora company show notebooks on their website here...

http://www.aurorapen.it/english/carta.php?lang=english&subpage_id=3

... but I have not been able to find a stockist :unsure:

Edited by gmax

✒️ :happyberet:

I've held that one before, but somehow I thought it wouldn't be fountain pen friendly. Have you noticed ghosting and the like with wetter inks?

The Mont Blanc inks I am using come out the right way on that paper. No experience with any wetter ink.

IMHO worth a try...

You're right - it's definitely a different company.

The Italian Aurora company show notebooks on their website here...

http://www.aurorapen.it/english/carta.php?lang=english&subpage_id=3

... but I have not been able to find a stockist :unsure:

It do is a different company. And it seems to be with limited export

The Mont Blanc inks I am using come out the right way on that paper. No experience with any wetter ink.

IMHO worth a try...

I recently bought a cheap sketchbook to start a bullet journal that turns out to be too textured to write comfortably on. Might try this one instead then :)

I recently bought a cheap sketchbook to start a bullet journal that turns out to be too textured to write comfortably on. Might try this one instead then :)

Worth a try for €10

Well for what it's worth, I didn't even know there wás an Aurora notebook.

I was surprised they still sell ink. The brand seemed dead to me, I never saw anything about it and the FP's they offer are quite hard to get for me in The Netherlands.

I've checked in the past as I had an Aurora FP in high school.

Kind regards,

I found an Aurora grid spiral bound notebook in the 165X210 mm size upstairs at Vlieger Papier in Amsterdam (http://vliegerpapier.nl). It is a very nice inexpensive notebook with fountain pen friendly paper that is 80 g. I use it for a daily carry notebook and have successfully used every combination of fountain pen and ink without bleeding or feathering. I think I paid around 3 Euro for it. I love Vlieger Papier and have a difficult time staying out of that store when I am home in Amsterdam! They also carry Midori products just in case someone is looking for that sort of thing in Amsterdam. No affiliation, etc....but I highly recommend going there if you are ever in Amsterdam. It is not too far from the PW Akkerman store (not the same as the Akkerman store in Den Hague FYI).

I found an Aurora grid spiral bound notebook in the 165X210 mm size upstairs at Vlieger Papier in Amsterdam (http://vliegerpapier.nl). It is a very nice inexpensive notebook with fountain pen friendly paper that is 80 g. I use it for a daily carry notebook and have successfully used every combination of fountain pen and ink without bleeding or feathering. I think I paid around 3 Euro for it. I love Vlieger Papier and have a difficult time staying out of that store when I am home in Amsterdam! They also carry Midori products just in case someone is looking for that sort of thing in Amsterdam. No affiliation, etc....but I highly recommend going there if you are ever in Amsterdam. It is not too far from the PW Akkerman store (not the same as the Akkerman store in Den Hague FYI).

Cool thanks for the website!