Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

My Colors 1- Black & Oranges

mfyorulmaz

I laid down my colors and here is what came out...I thought it may be useful for other people as well when shopping for different colors. I try to adjust color tones as best as I can on Photoshop. But since what shows up on your screen may be very different due to your color settings, try to calibrate your monitor/screen first...the empty lines on the pics will be filled with my lastly ordered inks when they arrive.

My favorite brands are Diamine & Pilot. Sometimes pilot inks are a little bit dry though. Favorite colors are marked with (F)...Due to upload limitations other colors will be posted on the next posts...

Blacks:

J.Herbin Perle Noire

Pilot Takesumi (F)

Sailor Jentle Black

Edelstein Onyx

Noodler's Black

Oranges:

Edelstein Amber

Noodler's Apache Sunset (F)

Sailor Jentle Apricot

Pilot Yuyake

Diamine Sunset

post-110749-0-28862800-1398459192_thumb.jpg

post-110749-0-70951800-1398459228_thumb.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mfyorulmaz

• Raiche58

• duboing

• kalem

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Such a delightful handwriting! The inks are lovely too!

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png When one is too old for love, one finds great comfort in good dinners. Zora Neale Hurston

Thanks for posting. I love the look of the Pilot black, and the Sailor Apricot. Orange is probably my favourite colour, but I haven't had much luck with orange inks. I got so excited about diamine ancient copper, but it frothed like mad all over my pen, so I had to wash it all out and give up. How do you find the Sailor Apricot behaves? I might have to look up some reviews!

Actually I wrote these texts with a 1$ steel dip pen. So, this is not my actual hand writing. :)

Surprisingly Pilot black is the best black that I have tested yet in terms of saturation and fluidity...ancient copper is one of my top five colors, so unique and I can even say that the color has "personality" and talks to you...:)

In general sailor jentle inks are less "dense" than diamine inks. So, I don't think you will experience any problem with apricot.

It depends what kind of results you wanna achieve. I normally use broad calligraphy pens (>1mm) or wet flex pens. So, in my case using a dip pen with approx. 1mm steel nib resulted in pretty good color samples, close to what I get from my calligraphy nibs and wet noodles. Also, there is a trick to it. When using the dip pen for color samples, you should be careful about not putting on too much ink on the nib. After dipping nib to the ink, you should try to get rid of the excess ink drops by touching the steel nib to the ink-pod. Otherwise, the color sample will be darker than the normal. This is actually what happens with glass dip pens. In my experience, steel dip pens are much easier to control and obtain good results. If you wanna achieve color samples close the fine or medium nibs, then you can try a steel dip nib with a similar size.

Thus, for me, the only practical way of preparing "good enough" color samples for 94 inks was using a steel nib dip pen.