Super Deal On Super Pen

tdzieman

Pilot Metropolitan - $15.00 - While re-ordering ink, I can across the Pilot Metropolitan in white. It was only $15, less than the ink, so I decided to give it a try, as I like white pens. I am glad I didn't. I have had the pen for about three weeks and every time I used it I am amazed and impressed. It has a very smooth nib and has started without a skip every time. It has a medium nib. Being made in Japan it is probably a bit more than fine but less than medium. If you are looking for a good starter pen, an "inexpensive but not cheap" pen or want to try a Japanese pen, give this your consideration. It won't replace my Pelikins or Sailors, but it has made it into the rotation with those pens. I purchased it at ISellPens.com. Todd has always provided very good and very fast service.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• themadstork

• tdzieman

• The Blue Knight

• Inkysloth

I wish Pilot would realize a £1 is worth a lot more then 1 dollar as if the Metro is sold here for £18 ($30) and with exchange it should in theory be closer to £9. £18 is not far off the low to mid range pens and you can really get something nice for on only £5-£10 more.

I wish Pilot would realize a £1 is worth a lot more then 1 dollar as if the Metro is sold here for £18 ($30) and with exchange it should in theory be closer to £9. £18 is not far off the low to mid range pens and you can really get something nice for on only £5-£10 more.

Try $25, the dollar isn't that weak :rolleyes:. Still I'm a bit surprised pilot does that. Greater demand for Pilots or FPs in general in Europe, allowing Pilot to charge a higher price I would guess

Try $25, the dollar isn't that weak :rolleyes:. Still I'm a bit surprised pilot does that. Greater demand for Pilots or FPs in general in Europe, allowing Pilot to charge a higher price I would guess

Is sales tax included in the US prices? VAT of 20% pushes prices in the UK up, but it does bug me how many companies do this, charging the same dollar / pound amount rather than setting the value.

Instagram @inkysloth

Is sales tax included in the US prices? VAT of 20% pushes prices in the UK up, but it does bug me how many companies do this, charging the same dollar / pound amount rather than setting the value.

No, taxes do not have to be included in the listed price of an item, because were stupid like that :rolleyes: . However online sales tax laws in the U.S. are kinda weird, often you dont have to pay sales tax online, I know there has been a push to change that recently, but as of now I'm pretty sure you still don't pay sales tax most of the time.

We don't have a national sales tax, which would be more in line with the VAT. Sales taxes are set by each individual state and certain states don't have any sales tax at all (Oregon & Delaware). There has been some talk about the need for a national VAT but I doubt it will ever happen. The highest sales tax I've ever paid was 8% so having 20-21% added on is a killer.

Edited by Jenks

Is it the white with the zebra stripes in the band in the middle? That'd be the only one of the "Animal Print" pens I haven't seen. The bronzey lizard pattern, and the violet leopard are also nice pens.

And yes, they are great writers.

(I see Goulet has some new combinations listed now, too, a black with crocodile pattern, and a silver with the python pattern. The black looks nice, but the python on the barrel stands out on the silver pen a lot. Not sure I like that.

Also: Fine nibs coming soon!

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts