Osmiroid Free Flowing Black Ink

mwpannell

A while back I bought a bottle of Osmiroid ink at a flea market for about 35-cents. I figured I could use the bottle if nothing else. Knowing to stay away from art and many calligraphy inks, I had generally put Osmiroid as a brand in that category, right or wrong. I've kept it sitting around for about a year myself but started to dump it recently--but thought better of it. After all, it's labeled for fountain pens and still looks pretty good inside. I figured I might try it in some of my less used pens or just keep it around for dipping.

So, just curious about recent experience--anyone use old Osmiroid Free Flowing Black Ink lately? Problems? Thoughts? Thanks!

post-9567-0-33714500-1398269239.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mwpannell

• shea2812

• lapis

• Gao

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Never heard of this ink until 5 years ago here. If I ever find some, I'll try it out for sure.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Good link, thanks. I did do a search but didn't come up with that. Guess I should have just searched Osmiroid Ink vs. Osmiroid Free Flowing Black Ink.

• 11 months later...

I use the Osmiroid Free Flowing Black Ink in my drawings, i am a artist/draftsman.

this is the only ink i can use that will flow through my extra fine nibs and are water souable enough to do washes with it.

can anyone recommend inks that i could use that would compare to the Osmiroid Free Flowing Black Ink

OR

do you know where i can buy some of this discontinued vintage ink, i am willing to Overpay for the ink if you have some or know someone who can get some.

i have been trying for years to get more ink, but just can't find any.

Osmiroid Free Flowing, I used black the most, would also be interested in blue and brown.

• 10 months later...

I found two bottles of these today. I suppose they are not the same as the free flowing one. I does has a nice shade of black similar to Manuscript Black that I use in FPs. Not sure that I want to ink my regular FPs with these. It does flow reasonably well in Osmiroid basic calligraphy that I got with them.

post-126314-0-27509700-1458560489.jpg

I've used it. It's really black. No problems with it.

Thanks for the input. May want to fill my regular Sonnet with it.

• 11 months later...

I am new to fountain pens and ink. I am taking a watercolor class and I need to find an ink that is waterproof, like an India Ink. I have Osmiroid Free Flowing Black Ink and Higgins Calligraphy waterproof black ink. Which one can I use to sketch a drawing and then won't smear when I paint it with watercolors? Thanks!