Louis Vuitton Or Audacieux

Tonight

Hi all,

I managed to get my hands on a few of these inks when I was shopping for a new bag. This is just a mini-review that I done up for one of the colour.

Presentation
This comes in a glass bottle of 50ml. The colour is "Or Audacieux" (French for Bold Gold). The cap is engraved with the "LV" logos.

13923810232_0fac4613d2.jpg

Mini Review
As per the name, the colour is a beautiful Bold Gold.
No bleedthrough on Rhodia paper and takes some time to dry.

13923720532_5e4c983e32.jpg

13947321374_7ba9cdd1c7.jpg

Water Test

There is zero water resistance whatsoever.

13923854091_0be94379e4.jpg

13946771085_62e8d80b7b.jpg

Final Conclusion

An interesting ink that I probably will find some use for. There isn't that many Gold ink in the market and this being Louis Vuitton may be one for those who desires the finer things in life.

Edited by Tonight

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chrissy

• NicolausPiscator

• amberleadavis

• Tonight

I have been meaning to give this ink a try since I read about it back in January, but have not been able to been able to buckle to it's price tag just yet! Definitely something to add to my birthday list. Thank you for posting the review!

I see nice shading. It seems to be an amber color. What is the flow like?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Bet it would look great in the Pelikan tortoise shell.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Love it.

Thank you all for the nice comments.

I would term that this pen has "Medium" flow, that I find similar to many of the Montblanc inks. (with "Dry" being that of the Montblanc iron-gall midnight Blue and "Good" being that of the Iroshizuku).

Yes, the ink demonstrates nice shading, but with reference to this case, I think that the 145 nib has as part a part to play in creating the look.

I like it a lot. I find it a dark gold, pretty dark and not amber necessarily. No complaints in the least about flow.

• 3 years later...

I like this color. I desperately need to enrich my collection with this one! :)

Good luck with that. :) It has been discontinued for a while now. The original thread is from 2014

Thank you Tonight for your review. Golden inks are interesting and fascinating, I have tried several but not this particular one, nor have I seen an analogue test.

Thank you Tonight for your review. Golden inks are interesting and fascinating, I have tried several but not this particular one, nor have I seen an analogue test.

Perhaps one of the KWZ gold inks could be similar enough and actually obtainable now. "Aztec Gold", for example :

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/315114-aztec-gold-kwzi/

Otherwise it made me think of Platinum Citrus Black, if it could be mixed with a bit of Cassis Black snd Khaki Black, maybe.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

It was discontinued a couple of years ago. The review is from 2014.

It was discontinued a couple of years ago. The review is from 2014.

jup! Thank you for the reminder, but you can still find the ink in Munich!

Perhaps one of the KWZ gold inks could be similar enough and actually obtainable now. "Aztec Gold", for example :

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/315114-aztec-gold-kwzi/

Otherwise it made me think of Platinum Citrus Black, if it could be mixed with a bit of Cassis Black snd Khaki Black, maybe.

Aztec Gold was exactly what I was thinking of! ... and it is much cheeper. Platinum Citrus Black - as the whole Black series - is wonderful! Delicious!

jup! Thank you for the reminder, but you can still find the ink in Munich!

Really? An online seller name would be appreciated. :)

Jup! A friend of mine told me that she saw it before Christmas. I will ask her where it was but I would guess that it was one of the LV boutiques in Munich but I am not sure that they sell online.

Jup! A friend of mine told me that she saw it before Christmas. I will ask her where it was but I would guess that it was one of the LV boutiques in Munich but I am not sure that they sell online.

I would be interested to know as I tracked down some that were within Europe and was advised that they had been recalled.