Less "thought"; More "hey, Look!"

ethernautrix

If a group buy were organized ... anyone interested?

Definitely interested. Would love the #3 but I'd also take a gander at the whole collection.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• ethernautrix

• kwzi

• Cyber6

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Truly saying I indeed got a bit overwhelmed by number of people interested in my inks ;) So that what Lisa said was quite nice prophecy ;)

For easier communication about inks I created new account on gmail: kwzi.ink

If someone send me an email on the earlier, don't worry I will answer that.

I posted pictures in gallery instead of zip archive for easier access : https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3tWuKWyhQmwQ0Z0M1VVUlN3aU0&usp=sharing

From time to time I add some new colors to my collection and propably they are going to be posted there also.

If you want to buy an ink, you have to remember that Blues 1-12 and Violets 1-9 are highly water resistant, their water resistance is going to increase with time on paper (with time they build up into the structure of paper), but there are some limitations with them - before filling pen it should be cleaned with water with detergent, no diluting with tap water, no greases in which calcium salts of fatty acids are used as lubricants - ink is going to stain the grease, and help of vinegar with alcohol will be needed to remove the stain (personally I use good quality silicone grease - nothing better was ever invented). Because dyes build them self into cellulose I advice against using them in celluloid pens - I cannot guarantee that the ink is not going to fully inert in those pens.

Other inks are not water resistant - large amount of water is going to remove them, but they might not come of easily in case of accidental spillage or few water drops, inks are not fully UV resistant, but they are going to stay some time - in case of keeping them in cold places - they might me considered as archival (oxygen and minor humidity does not degraded the ink or cause its fading)

Iron gall inks I made are very stable and even if the pen is not perfectly cleaned I never had any problems, they do not corrode stainless steal and I also didn't observed any corrosion with contact with normal steel (like in dip pens), those inks are fully synthetic, so no mold or anything like that will to show up.

I have a lot of tape - and I won't hesitate to use it!

Okay, we're on to the next phase, upload pictures.

After that, we'll create a google form for ordering.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I'm editing and uploading as I type this... I love how my computer can multitask, alas, it does not use bright pretty inks like my FP ... but I digress.

The swatch chart is uploaded and will appear shortly. As I edit the photos, I'm turning them to all face the same way and cropping them, I'm also renaming the files to a naming convention so that when you order we can all agree what the ink is named.

Since numbers are repeated (ie NR2 is in Blue, Green Violet) I'm using the following convention: Color-NR#.jpg for single ink swabs, but if more than one color is in the picture, then the file will have both numbers Color-NR#-NR#.jpg. I will use those same names on the ordering sheet. If a swab doesn't have a number, I'll use the full name.

Anyway, here is the entire line:

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Ink_Companies/KWZI-Konrad_Ink/slides/2014-04-24_01_KWZI.JPG

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Ink_Companies/KWZI-Konrad_Ink/slides/2014-04-24_Blue_02_KWZI.JPG

Holy (bleep), those are some great looking inks.

(Glances over furiously at the too-many bottles stacked... over there)

Ok, I'll certainly be giving this a go when all information is collated. I thought with E-trix gone over to Europe she wouldn't be messing with our lives anymore, but noooooooo....

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb204/EnvoyC/emotes/drinker.gif

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

And for those of you who love Iron Gall inks.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Ink_Companies/KWZI-Konrad_Ink/slides/2014-04-24_IG_01_KWZI.JPG

Holy (bleep), those are some great looking inks.

(Glances over furiously at the too-many bottles stacked... over there)

Ok, I'll certainly be giving this a go when all information is collated. I thought with E-trix gone over to Europe she wouldn't be messing with our lives anymore, but noooooooo....

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb204/EnvoyC/emotes/drinker.gif

*Evil giggle*

I am delighted - for everyone! Kudos to AmberLea for coordinating the group buy!

And I like your emoticon, Jon. Hehe!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Thank you for your efforts, amberlea!

Also, I noticed a Blue 12 on your website in a close-up. Is that right? It's not on the "Entier Line" group image.

Walk in shadow / Walk in dread / Loosefish walk / As Like one dead

Thank you for your efforts, amberlea!

Also, I noticed a Blue 12 on your website in a close-up. Is that right? It's not on the "Entier Line" group image.

Look on the 4th Column, 3rd row, it just isn't with the blues, it's hiding under a red.

OOOOOH....

Those are some really spectacularly nice looking colors. I really like some of the violets, and the IG inks.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I am interested in a group buy, especially for some of the blues. Blue #3 in particular.

Oh dear, just when I thought it was safe to read FPN again... :D

Not all those who wander are lost. J.R.R.Tolkien

I have to ask, am I the only one that struggles to tell the difference between some of the blues? I certainly believe they are different colors, but maybe this is a supporting excuse to get a nicer computer monitor.

I have to ask, am I the only one that struggles to tell the difference between some of the blues? I certainly believe they are different colors, but maybe this is a supporting excuse to get a nicer computer monitor.

No, you're not. Some of the colors are nice, but from amberleadavis's samples, most of the blues seem to be... quite similar.

Yes, a few of the blues are very similar. I think #2 and #3 are especially close, but when I saw them at the Poland Pen Show, comparing them, staring at them - this one, that one, this one, that one - I saw enough of a difference to choose #3. I can't say that it was slightly more twilight blue, as twilight blue is a range of blues, but it was ever so slightly darker. I probably would have been just about as happy with Blue #2, except that that sliver of darkness appealed more to me.

etherX in To Miasto

We have here 9 dark blues, which by force represent the same type of color, but at diffrent levels of saturation and hints, this is best see at first three blue - #1 goes to red, #2 is neutral and #3 goes toward green. Photo may not catch up the diffrence, but in real life those small changes of color determines is this good or bad color for you or me.

I have a lot of tape - and I won't hesitate to use it!

We have here 9 dark blues, which by force represent the same type of color, but at diffrent levels of saturation and hints, this is best see at first three blue - #1 goes to red, #2 is neutral and #3 goes toward green. Photo may not catch up the diffrence, but in real life those small changes of color determines is this good or bad color for you or me.

That makes sense, as there is green in twilight. And other glowing colors. Blue #3 is exactly what I wanted.

etherX in To Miasto

Sign me up for the group buy. Water resistant violet is nothing to sneeze at. Also, maybe change the topic name? I didn't check in because I wasn't expecting new ink lines, much less a buy.