She Finally Says, "hello"

jaelkthompson

Hello, Everyone!

I am about a year into my fountain pen habit, and while I've used The Fountain Pen Network extensively for research, I've only recently signed up for a user account, and I've never posted. Today, the silence comes to an end!!!!!

About a year ago, I purchased my first fountain pen, a Pilot Metropolitan, and it has been all downhill, on a trail of Sargasso Sea blue, from there. I am in LOVE with collecting fountain pens and discovering which brands and designs pique my interest most.

Until today, I've been all about Pilots (and my EDC which is a TWSBI Mini), and thanks to eBay's notable seller, speerbob, (who is the most AWESOME person that I've purchased anything from btw), I have been gradually feeding my addiction by amassing a small collection of Japanese and Korean Pilots, circa 1970-1990 (can that be considered "vintage"?). Nevertheless, thanks to The Atlanta Pen Show today and a wonderful experience that I had meeting an FPN moderator, who has a treasure trove of pen knowledge, a new obsession begins!!! Enter ESTERBROOK!

Today I picked up two TWSBI Mini-sized Esterbrooks, a Copper SJ and a Pearl Gray H (Dollar Pen), and these pens are gorgeous! I love the compact size, the smooth pearl finish and the filing system. The 1555 nib is a dream writer for my F & EF-nib preferred style, though I am not so fond of the 2668 nib which writes rather scratchy. (I am taking a little micro mesh to this nib.) Most of all, I love how easily I can swap the nibs on these pens and the wide range of options available!!

Needless to say, I am beaming with delight, and I owe my new analog love interest to an FPN contact! So I am very excited to be a part of this community, and I look forward to meeting more of the FPN family and obsessing with the uber-obsessed!

Sincerely,

Jael

post-109770-0-96862500-1397343696_thumb.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PAKMAN

• bluestar

• lowfiwhiteguy

• Jeje3325

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear obsessive, you have entered the dark path.

There are many others here with paper, stationery supply and pen obsessions.

Please try to keep your obsessions to a minimum. Life becomes very expensive otherwise!

Welcome to a very friendly place, with many knowledgeable people.

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Welcome to the active part of the forum

:)

Since you've been readind a while I don't have to warn you that this place is really addictive...

Cheers from Montreal,

Jéjé

Welcome to the addiction! (and the forum!)

:)

"Celebrating Eight Years of Retail Writing Excellence"

"When, in the course of writing events, in becomes self-evident that not all pens are created equal"

Federalist Pens and Paper (Online Pen Store)

facelogobooks.png.7b61776c10ce24852b00693f4005dc72.png

Use Forum Code "FPN" at Checkout to Receive an Additional 5% Discount!

:W2FPN:

Hopefully you were able to make the customary Saturday evening dinner with some more of FPN and pendom.

Looked like around 20 made it in Mark Bacas's pics.

Enjoy your new Estie.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I'm sorry I'm too late to save you. I had hoped to prevent matters from getting worse, but sadly it's too late. You have been Esty-ized! The frantic search for NOS nibs is the next step followed quickly by J's and Dollar Pens in every color.

My condolences for your bank account, he will be deeply missed (by your creditors)

Glad to have you around. I think you'll fit right in, sorry if that scares you. We are some of the nicest poor people on the web, plus we have ink, notebooks and cookies!

Paul

"Nothing is impossible, even the word says 'I'm Possible!'" Audrey Hepburn

Hello and welcome to the Fountain Pen Network, Jael. I'm glad you joined us. You have truly discovered the great fountain pens now that you have discovered Esterbrooks (Okay, I am biased). My favorite Estie nib is the 9550 Extra Fine. Oh, so smooth! Please don't hesitate to share your questions and opinions. I do hope you enjoy your Esterbrooks and I hope you enjoy your time with us.

-David.

No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery. -Anon.

A backward poet writes inverse. -Anon.

Welcome !

You can help us define "vintage". 1920's and 1930's are clearly vintage. Where do you think it begins ?

I did not own an Esterbrook, until I got here. Beware.

Write with joy.

PS. Something of interest.

http://www.esterbrook.net/index.shtml

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Hi, good you came by to say hello, so a belated :W2FPN:

Enjoy the forum

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~