JustWrite Pen Company

I've been dying to get my hands on some of this paper since I first heard about it - and it didn't disappoint. This paper may well be the Best Ever paper for fountain pens.

We have white A4 sheets in packs of 100 sheets for $16.50 per pack.

Kevin Watson
Blackstone Ink :: JustWrite Pen Company, Australia
Website: www.justwrite.com.au www.blackstone.inkEmail: info@justwrite.com.au

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustWrite Pen Company

• MCWB

• DrCodfish

• Jamerelbe

Received my shipment on Wednesday, cracked it open and sampled a single page yesterday and today - what an AMAZING product! Ultra-thin paper, just a tiny bit off-white, unimpressive to *look* at.... but amazingly resilient no matter what ink or pens I throw at it. Before trying it out, I was pretty convinced this would be 'one side only' paper - but in actual fact, I think you might JUST get away with writing on both sides: you'll get some show-through because the paper is so thin, but not enough for it to be a deal-breaker.

Very grateful to see this paper available in Australia...

Something very curious I discovered: If you write one side and turn it over, the show through seems so significant that you think "I can't write this side of the paper". I suggest you give it a try, I did and found that for me, it is 'two sided' paper regardless the nib or ink you use.

Something interesting I learned. If you write one side of this paper and then turn it over you will think "This show through is too bad, I can't write this side of the paper". I suggest you give it a try anyway. I did and found that the paper is for me anyway 'two-sided' paper regardless the ink or nib you use.

when I first got this paper I thigh I would only use it for 'special' purposes. letter to certain people. Now I find it is just about the only paper I use. My G Lalo, Rhodia pads, Crown Mill cotton all seem to sit forlornly, forever waiting.

Something interesting I learned. If you write one side of this paper and then turn it over you will think "This show through is too bad, I can't write this side of the paper". I suggest you give it a try anyway. I did and found that the paper is for me anyway 'two-sided' paper regardless the ink or nib you use.

Yup, that's my impression too: even after writing with thick calligraphy pens, a 6mm parallel pen (lighter ink), and a 1.mm stub pens with the blackest ink I own, there's little to no bleedthrough - and those that paper is translucent when you hold it up to the light (therefore plenty of show-through), it's perfectly legible. I bought the paper out of curiosity more than anything else - so much hype surrounding it! - and I'm still not sure what uses I'll be able to put it to for work purposes. But it really is an impressively FP friendly paper.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for bringing this fantastic paper to Australia! Loving it, lives up to all the hype. Well packaged, would purchase again.

Guest Ray Cornett

Welcome to the world of Tomoe River! I am in the US and the only reason I have any right now is because a friend in the UK had some and sent me a bunch. I love it. I was thinking that 16.50 was expensive then I figured in shipping. It all works out, lol.

Hi JustWrite great news yaiiii, now do you also post/ship to Perth, WA and do you have a website.

I believe that this is a Japanese paper.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I've just received some very exciting news!

I've just been advised that our Tomoe River notebook prototypes will be ready soon. Soon, we'll have our very own Australian made Tomoe River notebooks.

Kevin Watson

Is it true that postage to Kiwiland is only $6.50? Isn't there a size/weight limit? Exciting prospect.

Edited by Cryptos

Is it true that postage to Kiwiland is only $6.50? Isn't there a size/weight limit? Exciting prospect.

It's true. No size or weight limit. We look after our cousins across the Tasman.

Kevin Watson

Im still in disbelief over how a paper so thin can be so resistant to feathering or bleed through, but Im trading some paper with other user before I embark on this adventure for new paper ! (still have a spare rhodia webbie in the store..)