New Pens On Asapens

Scribblesoften

After having read Hari's post and a few other threads about "Indian" eyedroppers, I was sceptical about using them as daily pens. But I must say that apart from the ₹80 pens, I've not had problems such as burping and skipping with the rest. The nibs have been smooth, most of them are medium and only a couple are fine. Yes, the experience is discernable when I compare the Sheaffer, JoWo, Conklin, Wality, generic IPG, etc but not really a deal breaker. The ASA and Gama pens have so far been well behaved.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• a_m

• Scribblesoften

• mrmohitmishra

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice pen and you have really photographed it well. Kudos. I was surprised to read that you did not find any previous reviews, I had written one before Subbu had decided a name for the model, here you go:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/269119-gamas-homage-to-the-skyline/

why is this the last production run? not selling well? or any materials problems? or hardware sourcing problems?

@Hari... Went thru your post...sorry i missed it earlier (i Have corrected my review and added link to ur review also)....amazingly reviewed ... even the mods u have done make it look more amazing.... Heard from subbu that Gama will be manufacturing only Airborne Big or XT as the small one i.e. original airborne is discontinued because of high labor costs for small pen and it is more laborious to get made...

Nice review of a nice pen, I'm sorry to hear it will be the last production run, have you found out why?

I have two of them, one this same size and one that came out earlier, that's even smaller. Both are beautiful, well-balanced, good writers. Mine are both black, one with silver-tone clip and one with gold-colored clip. Both have gold-plated nib.

Your pictures are very beautiful! and I like the design of the ebonite of your pen. Enjoy!

Thank you for going thru my review...

A very nice review. Your photo is so sharp and in focus that I am envious. The Airbornes, both the regular size as you reviewed and the XT, are very nice pens and I am sorry to hear that they will be going out of production.

thank you for liking what i did... my next purchase will be XT...

Nice review and breathtakingly beautiful pics Vaibhav. Great Job. Keep it up.

Thank you mohit...

Edited by mehandiratta

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

My brown mottled "I Can" arrived today. This section shape is very comfortable. It is equipped with an ASA Pens supplied Jowo fine nib. The stock feed was a bit wet, for me, with this nib resulting in a wider line than I prefer. I replaced the feed with an Ahab feed. Not because it is any better quality but because it is a bit shorter and easier to adjust for a drier flow. The pen writes to my preference now and will enter my rotation. I like the pen very much but it is a bit long for me for daily carry. It looks like I will have to order a "Genius" as well.

attachicon.gifIMG_0271.JPG

A good looking pen

attachicon.gifIMG_0272.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0273.JPG

This is the stock nib and feed

The section, though unconventional, is quite comfortable to use.

Beautiful Pen. Enjoy your purchase!!

I've just received my Tulip, I Can and Genius. What can I say? I have not used them long enough for a review, but the Genius and I Can are inked and it seems I am falling in love already. Especially with the Genius. What a pen, Such balance. Such a nice nib. Just the right size, everything, and to top it off, I had a really nice ink to fill it with. In about a week I will report...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I've just received my Tulip, I Can and Genius. What can I say? I have not used them long enough for a review, but the Genius and I Can are inked and it seems I am falling in love already. Especially with the Genius. What a pen, Such balance. Such a nice nib. Just the right size, everything, and to top it off, I had a really nice ink to fill it with. In about a week I will report...

Congrats!!

Enjoy your purchase. I liked the body design of I CAN. These are really good pens.

Genius all the way.

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

I've been using the I Can straight for a few days now and it is a great pen. I really like to longer length and straight barrel. My Eyas is nearby but doesn't get much action.

I have not tried my Genius yet.

Enjoy your pens.

OMG so pure crystal is basically a copy of Pelikan??

That FP is Pierre Cardin not Pelikan

But all these does seem to be copies of smaller Pelikan 150

I put my savings to test

I have received my oliver f27 today....bt it has leakage problem from the joint of metal collar and acrylic at grip....does any body has faced this problem? Though mr s has assured me to replace the pen bt i wanna know if it is possible to fix the problem in some easy method (using silicon grease.....bt i have to unscrew it first....which is not easy)

I have received my oliver f27 today....bt it has leakage problem from the joint of metal collar and acrylic at grip....does any body has faced this problem? Though mr s has assured me to replace the pen bt i wanna know if it is possible to fix the problem in some easy method (using silicon grease.....bt i have to unscrew it first....which is not easy)

That pen is not meant to be used as ED. Use converter or cartridge then such issue won't happen.

I put my savings to test

That pen is not meant to be used as ED. Use converter or cartridge then such issue won't happen.

'M using it with converter

Edited by dr.s.sanyal

It may indeed be damaged. From what I remember, the collar with the nib is fit very tight inside the section, very difficult to remove. And not sure if you could make it inktight even then. If Asapens offered to replace it for you, I'd take them up on it.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

'M using it with converter

Then its definitely damaged and u should get replacement.

As u wrote silicon grease i thought you used it as ED.

As such the nib though threaded nib unit is glued in this pen.

I put my savings to test

Just ordered an Eyas in matte black with a silver nib from ASA. Looking forward to comparing it with my Kim & Co. pen from last year. It was a toss up between the Kyuil and the Eyas, but went with the cheaper one for now. If I love the Eyas, I bet a Kyuil will be in my future.

<i>"Most people go through life using up half their energy trying to protect a dignity they never had."</i><br>-Marlowe, in <i>The Long Goodbye</i>

Just ordered an Eyas in matte black with a silver nib from ASA. Looking forward to comparing it with my Kim & Co. pen from last year. It was a toss up between the Kyuil and the Eyas, but went with the cheaper one for now. If I love the Eyas, I bet a Kyuil will be in my future.

rather than kuyil i would recommend you to go for ASA I Can. Below is my review for ASA I Can compared with Gama Kuyil.

ASA I CAN

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter