• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• a_m

• Scribblesoften

• mrmohitmishra

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@flummoxed.... No the ink is the same ink itself has variations... Its the costliest ink I ever bought...

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Spurred on by several descriptions and discussions of this one, I've gone ahead and ordered one...

S. said it was "under processing" and would be shipped next week, so by next month, it should be in my hands...

Bunch of enablers. all of you!

:)

Spurred on by several descriptions and discussions of this one, I've gone ahead and ordered one...

S. said it was "under processing" and would be shipped next week, so by next month, it should be in my hands...

Bunch of enablers. all of you!

I have this pen with a fine nib. You did a great thing

Mine, too, will have the stock, F nib. I like those stock nibs from Asa. The Gama jumbo demonstrator that is the twin of this one also has one, and it is a very comfortable writer. It will be nice to have them as a couple.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I did finally get my pens from ASA, I'd originally ordered a Spear and a Hawk. After a lot of email exhcanges and a whole month of waiting, a ASA Spear and ASA I Can turned up yesterday. Both of them are good looking pens, though the I Can has a disproportionately large Conklin medium nib.

Both of them have M nibs on them, the differently styled JoWo nib on the Spear works really well (I must admit, I was apprehensive about this nib). I am to try the I Can for more than a page.

I did finally get my pens from ASA, I'd originally ordered a Spear and a Hawk. After a lot of email exhcanges and a whole month of waiting, a ASA Spear and ASA I Can turned up yesterday. Both of them are good looking pens, though the I Can has a disproportionately large Conklin medium nib.

Both of them have M nibs on them, the differently styled JoWo nib on the Spear works really well (I must admit, I was apprehensive about this nib). I am to try the I Can for more than a page.

Congrats.

Enjoy your purchase

Mine, too, will have the stock, F nib. I like those stock nibs from Asa. The Gama jumbo demonstrator that is the twin of this one also has one, and it is a very comfortable writer. It will be nice to have them as a couple.

I ordered Jowo Fine nib. It writes wonderfully well. The report of stock nib is also great. Best wishes.

Reading here and seeing how you all enjoy these new pens makes the wait even longer, and I find three weeks of anticipation (at least!) gets difficult to maintain. Which means that at some point I get a pleasant surprise and then the enjoyment of the new pen begins. About ten days ago I finally got my Crystal, and I am enjoying this pen so much! especially since I also got a bunch of new inks on the same day. One of those is in the Crystal and turns out to probably become a new favorite: Diamine Twilight. Dark and luscious, just the ink for this seriously sized pen. This one has a Medium Conklin nib. It may be a tad too wide for me so eventually I expect I will adjust the nib... but not yet.

My brown mottled "I Can" arrived today. This section shape is very comfortable. It is equipped with an ASA Pens supplied Jowo fine nib. The stock feed was a bit wet, for me, with this nib resulting in a wider line than I prefer. I replaced the feed with an Ahab feed. Not because it is any better quality but because it is a bit shorter and easier to adjust for a drier flow. The pen writes to my preference now and will enter my rotation. I like the pen very much but it is a bit long for me for daily carry. It looks like I will have to order a "Genius" as well.

post-71717-0-93640500-1422311524.jpg

A good looking pen

post-71717-0-96906100-1422311572_thumb.jpg

post-71717-0-47563800-1422311590.jpg

This is the stock nib and feed

The section, though unconventional, is quite comfortable to use.

And what a nice design of the ebonite!

With regard to the Genius: any reason to get a new pen, right?

And think of the combination of their names. Genius. I can.

How could you pass that up??

And what a nice design of the ebonite!

With regard to the Genius: any reason to get a new pen, right?

And think of the combination of their names. Genius. I can.

How could you pass that up??

:)

I recently purchased Gama Airborne... and heard that the model is in last production run. So ordered few more as i really loved the pen... I generally like the big pens but this pen which is equivalent in size to Pilot Metropolitan....

Here is my detailed review: GAMA AIRBORNE

wpid-img_20150126_1130322-jpg.jpeg

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

I recently purchased Gama Airborne... and heard that the model is in last production run. So ordered few more as i really loved the pen... I generally like the big pens but this pen which is equivalent in size to Pilot Metropolitan....

Nice pen and you have really photographed it well. Kudos. I was surprised to read that you did not find any previous reviews, I had written one before Subbu had decided a name for the model, here you go:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/269119-gamas-homage-to-the-skyline/

why is this the last production run? not selling well? or any materials problems? or hardware sourcing problems?

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

wpid-img_20150126_1130322-jpg.jpeg

Very nice pic & review

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

I have ordered the same as you, Mehandiratta.

Apparently it will be sent tomorrow. I can hardly wait to get it. ;)

Your picture is pretty nice. Very good review.

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

Nice review of a nice pen, I'm sorry to hear it will be the last production run, have you found out why?

I have two of them, one this same size and one that came out earlier, that's even smaller. Both are beautiful, well-balanced, good writers. Mine are both black, one with silver-tone clip and one with gold-colored clip. Both have gold-plated nib.

Your pictures are very beautiful! and I like the design of the ebonite of your pen. Enjoy!

A very nice review. Your photo is so sharp and in focus that I am envious. The Airbornes, both the regular size as you reviewed and the XT, are very nice pens and I am sorry to hear that they will be going out of production.