• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• a_m

• Scribblesoften

• mrmohitmishra

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has Any one of you bought ASA Crystal LE fountain pen. I want to buy one. I just need some review or experience with the pen. Thank You :)

Has Any one of you bought ASA Crystal LE fountain pen. I want to buy one. I just need some review or experience with the pen. Thank You :)

Its not yet released. Though that banner is there now for quite some weeks. I guess its a pen for fans of matt black

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

Its not yet released. Though that banner is there now for quite some weeks. I guess its a pen for fans of matt black

It is soon to be released. Yesterday because of a system lag the pen became available on the website for 0/- Rs. I even bought it, :-) ,knowing fully well that it can only happen by mistake. I then contacted Mr. Subramaniam, who informed me that the pen will soon be released. We can order the pen by contacting him.

From the information I received the pen will be available in either Stock nib which is same as Athlete or with German Friction Fit nib in medium or broad.

I am one fan of matt black. :rolleyes: .

However if I will buy it, I will buy it for those crystals and the German Friction fit nib.

These variants will be available at around 1600 and 2100, I guess!

The Crystal is a Limited Edition. Among the various pen manufacturers around the world - LE may mean anything from 500 to 5000 pens. In India, LE may mean even 25 pens !

Edited by a_m

I put my savings to test

Practical FPs. The Gama Airborne XT I got today.

15898264932_8534f3357a.jpg

Oliver Counsellor, Gama Airborne XT, Pilot MR

15712881909_3c3b31940f.jpg

Writing Sample

I put my savings to test

The Oliver Counselor takes standard #6 nibs and is an excellent pen. Mine has a bit of the plastic/resin smell but is an excellent pen. I also have the Airborne with the Schmidt unit. It is an excellent pen that i expect to use for many years. Do your experiences match mine or have you had any difficulties with either pen? Also, has any one ordered a Spear?

The Oliver Counselor takes standard #6 nibs and is an excellent pen. Mine has a bit of the plastic/resin smell but is an excellent pen. I also have the Airborne with the Schmidt unit. It is an excellent pen that i expect to use for many years. Do your experiences match mine or have you had any difficulties with either pen? Also, has any one ordered a Spear?

Same experience exactly - no issues at all. Excellent FPs. The counselor smell gets suppressed due to metal casing. Only a very little smell on section. The Oliver nib is same as Wality nib size. AFAIK these nibs are called #8 nibs - though they are smaller than #6 (35 mm).

btw Counsellor is NOS. Its no longer in production

Not yet ordered Spear. Wanted to - but already so many nice pens. Maybe after some months.

Edited by a_m

I put my savings to test

Practical FPs. The Gama Airborne XT I got today.15898264932_8534f3357a.jpg

Oliver Counsellor, Gama Airborne XT, Pilot MR15712881909_3c3b31940f.jpg

Writing Sample

From where did you order it, Anup ji?

I mean Schmidt nib. It's not available on Asapens, I guess?

I know about this because my Airborne FP never arrived & I had discussion with Mr. S on this!

Initially only 5 - 6 Airborne XT as ED were made. Thereafter maybe 9-10 Airborne XT were made but these had Schmidt nibs (triple filler). Going by posts on FPN, four of them have already been sold (mine seems to be the fourth)

Interestingly each of the Airborne XT has found its way to FPN with their owners posting the pics or with honorable mention!

The balance of these Airborne XT would be listed in one / two days on ASA site

Edited by a_m

I put my savings to test

You are always a great source of information. :-) what did it cost? I mean I have just ordered a Revolution and then a crystal. Checking if I can also order it with my package which would be shipped on monday

You are always a great source of information. :-) what did it cost? I mean I have just ordered a Revolution and then a crystal. Checking if I can also order it with my package which would be shipped on monday

Email him and book your pen.

Thats what I do. These pens would sell like anything. Even though they are not numbered, can you get a more limited edition?

I put my savings to test

I have one of the Schmidt Airbornes, and I think my request for a pen able of hosting the Schmidt FH341 was part of what suggested that offering. The funny thing is the nib unit I have is screw in, and so could not be used on the Big Airborne either - I am still looking for a pen body for it...

The Oliver Counselor looks very much like an Arihant that found its way to my pen desk earlier this year... although I can't make out the shape of the clip in the picture. Mine has a clip that's reminiscent of Pelikan... and is a piston filler, too.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I have one of the Schmidt Airbornes, and I think my request for a pen able of hosting the Schmidt FH341 was part of what suggested that offering. The funny thing is the nib unit I have is screw in, and so could not be used on the Big Airborne either - I am still looking for a pen body for it...

The Oliver Counselor looks very much like an Arihant that found its way to my pen desk earlier this year... although I can't make out the shape of the clip in the picture. Mine has a clip that's reminiscent of Pelikan... and is a piston filler, too.

Yes it has the same Pelikan style clip & is piston filler

Edited by a_m

I put my savings to test