New Pens On Asapens

Scribblesoften

If that's a cartridge that's a large pen!

Thats not cartridge. Its feed

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• a_m

• Scribblesoften

• mrmohitmishra

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good Grief, that is a good looking pen. It evokes memories of a certain Eversharp pen from the 1950s. In the disassembled photo they have something dark protruding from the back of the section. Do you think that is the feed or something else? We will have to check on the availability of that pen. It looks great. I am curious as to the size, but it looks slender. Thanks for the info.

Looks like it is the feed extending out, scribblesoften. I have ordered a few already, if I end up liking the pen, i might even review it here.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Hari, do let us know how the ink flows! It was a serious problem with that Guider.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Hari, do let us know how the ink flows! It was a serious problem with that Guider.

Sure. But at the moment, I don't plan to use the pen in stock configuration...

My opinion is this: Even though the Guider and the Gama are found in the same jungle, they are very different beasts in all respects. I have had nothing but adventures(to put it nicely) with most of my Guiders unfortunately. The owner of Guider, GLR is a good friend and a gentleman. I have been able to turn each of them around to my liking, it took work, it should not have taken work...

Best

Hari

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Can't wait for the Gama Airborne to come out! It looks great! I really hope it is a slender pen as I don't care for huge pens.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool. - Richard Feynman

Instagram

Can't wait for the Gama Airborne to come out! It looks great! I really hope it is a slender pen as I don't care for huge pens.

Its listed now

http://asapens.in/eshop/gama-airborne-marbled-finish-regular-ebonite-eyedropper-fountain-pen

Edited by a_m

I put my savings to test

I just ordered a couple. I ordered the brown/black and the tan/black. The all black pen looks classic but I think two pens are enough for me for now. The price was quite reasonable. It usually takes several weeks for the pens to pass through Customs here, for me. If anyone receives their pens please take a few pictures and post them. I would love to see them. My anticipation is high for this pen.

Nice looking pens, but from the website I understand they have a one size nib policy? M nibs, or even a 1.0 mm stub are not available???

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

I just ordered a couple. I ordered the brown/black and the tan/black. The all black pen looks classic but I think two pens are enough for me for now. The price was quite reasonable. It usually takes several weeks for the pens to pass through Customs here, for me. If anyone receives their pens please take a few pictures and post them. I would love to see them. My anticipation is high for this pen.

i have some experience with the stock nibs on these pens, they are quite ok and will responded well to tuning. YMMV. I have some all black Gama Celluloids that I have neglected to review for so long, these pens had these nibs fitted. This is the real celluloid stuff: nitro celluloid with the wonderful camphor aroma. Can't say the same about their other short lived celluloidish offerings,

Nice looking pens, but from the website I understand they have a one size nib policy? M nibs, or even a 1.0 mm stub are not available???

D.ick

They can offer only what is available to them.

Edited by hari317

If these take number 5 nibs, some forum members speak highly of the nibs available from Fountain Pen Revolution in that size. I believe they offer flexible and stub nibs. I have done very little business with them but many users recommend them.

If these take number 5 nibs, some forum members speak highly of the nibs available from Fountain Pen Revolution in that size. I believe they offer flexible and stub nibs. I have done very little business with them but many users recommend them.

yes, IIRC the nibs are the Indian No 5 size.

THanks for the heads up. I've just ordered mine. Neat looking pen and the price is absolutely right. Mine will be the glossy black with chrome trim.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

• 3 weeks later...

post-71717-0-17987000-1404877612_thumb.jpg

My new Gama Airborne pens arrived today. They are very nice but small pens. This is a bit of a departure as all the Gama pens I have personally seen before have been quite large.

post-71717-0-80815200-1404877659_thumb.jpg

This is a comparison with (top to bottom) Pilot Falcon, Pelikan 400nn, Airborne, and Esterbrook J.

post-71717-0-40848800-1404877751_thumb.jpg

Uncapped

post-71717-0-79530000-1404877772_thumb.jpg

post-71717-0-94295100-1404877803_thumb.jpg

The stock nibs write quite smoothly. I would call them a F/M. One of the nibs had the breather hole cut off center. This was enough of an excuse for me to fit a Sheaffer gold nib. In the uncapped comparison photo, you can see the platinum masking.

I believe these pens are nice for the price. They were $14,00 each including shipping to the U.S from India. I did notice a very minor issue with one of the pens in that the cap above the clip was a bit misaligned. This is easily fixed and again, for a hand made pen at this price point is a very minor thing. As listed elsewhere, these pens carry the Indian number 5 nibs which are the same size as the vintage number 2 nibs. I have a Waterman semi-flex number 2 here that may end up in one of these pens.

Thanks for the nice comparative pics. I think posted these may be of nice manageable size.

Infact, i have requested ASA for an Airborne ball point pen. The Airborne FP would be sent with it. So yet to receive these.

attachicon.gifAIRBORNE.JPG

My new Gama Airborne pens arrived today. They are very nice but small pens. This is a bit of a departure as all the Gama pens I have personally seen before have been quite large.

attachicon.gifCOMPARO.JPG

This is a comparison with (top to bottom) Pilot Falcon, Pelikan 400nn, Airborne, and Esterbrook J.

attachicon.gifCOMPARO2.JPG

Uncapped

attachicon.gifNEW.JPG

attachicon.gifNIB2.jpg

The stock nibs write quite smoothly. I would call them a F/M. One of the nibs had the breather hole cut off center. This was enough of an excuse for me to fit a Sheaffer gold nib. In the uncapped comparison photo, you can see the platinum masking.

I believe these pens are nice for the price. They were $14,00 each including shipping to the U.S from India. I did notice a very minor issue with one of the pens in that the cap above the clip was a bit misaligned. This is easily fixed and again, for a hand made pen at this price point is a very minor thing. As listed elsewhere, these pens carry the Indian number 5 nibs which are the same size as the vintage number 2 nibs. I have a Waterman semi-flex number 2 here that may end up in one of these pens.

I put my savings to test

Thanks for the nice comparative pics. I think posted these may be of nice manageable size.

Infact, i have requested ASA for an Airborne ball point pen. The Airborne FP would be sent with it. So yet to receive these.

I am not a ballpoint user but I would love to see photos. I wonder if there is a mechanical pencil mechanism that could be fitted to one as well. Then you could have a complete set.

I am not a ballpoint user but I would love to see photos. I wonder if there is a mechanical pencil mechanism that could be fitted to one as well. Then you could have a complete set.

Not sure if they have the methods to make mechanical pencils. Any way i think the Rotring Tikky is THE Best when it comes to mechanical pencils.

However i do have an ebonite ballpoint desk pen

Top to bottom - supreme, desk pen, parker jotter

Edited by a_m

I put my savings to test

That is an interesting shape on the desk pen. In the U.S. they used to put ball ends on desk pens as well. They were used to turn the dial on dial phones. The color on the Supreme looks very deep. Nice pens. Thank you for sharing them.