‘Rejoice With Me, For I Have Found My Pen Which Was Lost!’

Francis_Rex

I had a horrible experience. I could not find my edc, my go-to pen:a matte black Pilot Capless (or Vanishing Point).

I travel about from office to office and worried I had left it behind or worse it had slipped out of my bag on the Tube.

I could not put my hands on my pen. I went to my bag and turned that inside out. I went to my wardrobe and searched the pockets of every jacket I had worn recently.

Then I did it again.

I went through my desk.

I went through files and folders I had used.

I could not find my little baby.

I went on websites to price a replacement. I could not imagine life without it.

I was starting to obsess about a black inanimate object. Its not like it was my only pen. I have a 30 odd pens, but this was my go to edc ready for anything ,smooth as you like Pilot Capless.

So I was packing my bag to go to work this morning. I had to take my laptop and its power cable which I keep in a Eagle Creek Pack-It bag.

“I wonder, if I put my pen in here?” I thought, remembering I had swept my desk clutter into the cable bag as I left an assignment last week.

Well, Joy of Joys, there was my little baby lost among a coiled up power lead!

I have been reunited with my little baby.

It was then I realised that I need to recognise I have an addiction to fountain pens.

What is it with these things that the loss of some metal object got me like that?

Am I alone?

btw: the image is from FP Geeks:http://fpgeeks.com/2012/06/pilot-vanishing-point-black-matte-the-awesome-review/

post-87001-0-37650100-1396957918_thumb.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Francis_Rex

• OcalaFlGuy

• Sasha Royale

• Uncle Red

I had a brief moment yesterday where I couldn't find my EDC Safari and in my head I was screaming 'NOOOOOOOOOOOO!' Luckily, I had put it in my bag instead of desk drawer, so all was well. I feel ya...

Fountain pen blog | Personal blog

Current collection: Pilot Vanishing Point, TWSBI Vac 700, Kaweco Al Sport, Lamy Safari, Nemosine Singularity

Rejoice indeed! The joy in this case is even greater than when one first bought the pen. Very pleased for you.

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

What man, if he has thirty pens and loses one pen, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and search carefully until he finds it?

On the Hunt For:

1) Atelier Simoni ID Demonstrator Natural Rhodium (As if it existed.)

2) Moresi 2nd Limited Edition Delta Demonstrator

3) y.y. Pen Club #4 and #10

What man, if he has thirty pens and loses one pen, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and search carefully until he finds it?

Good! That is the spirit exactly.

Since you carry your pen in another case, and that finish does scratch I think, consider getting a carry case for your EDC pens.

You can put a label on the outside of the carry case with your name and phone in case you leave the case somewhere, that's much harder to do with a bare

pen.

I also find that the added motions of putting the pen in the case and securing the case flap has me think just enough more to make it unlikely I'll leave the case somewhere.

Very glad you found it.

+1 to kenshiro's verse!

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Very pleased that the prodigal has returned.

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

While reading this thread i automatically opened my desk drawer to check on my pens even though i knew they were there, it must've been a real relief when you found it safe and sound.

Congrats! It is indeed worrisome when one of our babies is lost!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Ah, so glad you found it!

I, too, have felt that deep thud in the pit of my stomach when I thought I'd lost one of my pens!

Scribere est agere.

To write is to act.

Danitrio Fellowship

While reading this thread i automatically opened my desk drawer to check on my pens even though i knew they were there, it must've been a real relief when you found it safe and sound.

I laughed because I did the same thing, too. It's not like there is a fountain pen gremlin. There isn't a fountain pen gremlin, is there?

I have the same tough i haven't lost any pen for more than 2 minits. But it often happen that i touch the Pocket of my jacket to see if they are in place and if i don't feel them i start to be anxious,my heart get faster and then i think that i letted it home or in my bag OUF!

A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too...

Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F.

Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

A happy reunion indeed! :)

I am more likely to misplace the iPhone than the FP.

I agree with Bruce about using a pen case.

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

Congrats! Happy for you. It is the same for me. Once I forgot my pen case on my desk at work and went home. It was loaded with the VP Decimo and an Omas Ogiva Autunno BP. I could not sleep until morning thinking somebody could take them away from me. I wish I could be more relaxed not to load any sentimental value to a non-living thing. I wish I could do that ;) But I would never call one of my pens a baby :D You have gone too far :)

I laughed because I did the same thing, too. It's not like there is a fountain pen gremlin. There isn't a fountain pen gremlin, is there?

Don't be ridiculous, it's obviously a fountain pen fairy which carefully whisks your pens away to write all those notes thanking little children for their teeth!

You can spot a writer a mile off, they're the ones meandering in the wrong direction muttering to themselves and almost walking into every second lamppost.

One of my pens, my sentimental favorite blue Parker Vector, has now been christened "Perdita" because I have lost the danged thing twice -- the second time for nearly 10 months in my house. Fortunately, it turned up unexpectedly, and -- even more fortunately(!) -- I had just finished flushing it before it got mislaid.

If I mislaid one of the really good pens, I'd be hyperventilating....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."