Fountainpen.it Aleph

danygr1974

It is advertised as a piston filler but I can't see an ink view window. Can somebody explain?

Not all piston fillers have ink windows. Visconti Homo Sapiens came to mind.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Namo

• Susanna

• danygr1974

• colex

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's equipped with a piston filling system, and in my opinion it is not necessary to be made it with an ink view window ... No OMAS pens has one, and they cost 10 times more!

This is a pic of piston knob

http://i.imgur.com/wyRFXor.jpg

pens: Aurora * Delta * Esterbrook * Goldfink * Kaweco * Montblanc * OMAS * Parker * Pelikan * Pilot * Sheaffer * Stilnova * Stipula * TWSBI * Visconti * Waterman

inks: Aurora * Delta * Diamine * J.Herbin * Pelikan * Pilot Iroshizuku * MB * Noodler's * Omas * Sailor * Visconti * Waterman

Not all piston fillers have ink windows. Visconti Homo Sapiens came to mind.

I guess you learn something new everyday... ;)

Can one of the members who already have this pen give me an idea of the weight?

I am considering getting this pen, but if it is too light I will pass...

thanks, D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Is there any way to get my hands on the blue version now? I am thinking I must be late...

Where my mind goes, my ink flows.

Is there any way to get my hands on a blue one?

Where my mind goes, my ink flows.

Can one of the members who already have this pen give me an idea of the weight?

I am considering getting this pen, but if it is too light I will pass...

thanks, D.ick

30,9 g. ; 20,5 g. without the cap

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

30,9 g. ; 20,5 g. without the cap

Would have liked a bit more, but I can live with this.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Here is a photo I quickly took when I received the first group of pens from Marlen.

post-548-0-65519900-1400235695.jpg

The spring nib features these two indents at sides, to control flexibility.

Also the box is nice. All cardboard but quite elegant, with a good eco-friendly look .

10364000_722602654457925_103417494061947

Susanna
----------
Giardino Italiano, il meglio del Made in Italy - www.giardino.it - www.pens.it

My Facebook page
My Blog: blog.giardino.it

For the blue one, you should contact the Fountainpen.it forum.

It's was a Limited Edition reserved to the forum's members.

Susanna
----------
Giardino Italiano, il meglio del Made in Italy - www.giardino.it - www.pens.it

My Facebook page
My Blog: blog.giardino.it

I've merged the two parallel topics on the Aleph in case anyone is confused. Saves on cross posting.

YOUR MODERATOR

It looks a bit too slim for me, but I'm happy to see Marlen producing an innovative nib and a conservatively styled pen. Most of the recent Marlens I've seen had designs I found overly complex.

This is NOT slim!

Thanks to Susanna & Fed Ex, I have mine in hand already. No pics yet, but impressions :

Roughly same size as the Van Gogh Maxi, or a mid-size CS in the Belliver or Raleigh line, bigger than my Carenes. Think M800 only longer.

Gray shimmer streaks run down the sides alternating with charcoal, so the pearl effect isn't uniform the entire circumference of the barrel, much like my bespoke CS Churchill.

Piston seems to hold about as much as a c/c

Nib (keeping in mind I'm not an old hand at flexy things & write with a VERY light touch):

Feels very much like a higher end Pd or 14k, going easily from F to B with a little pressure. Not as soft as a Pilot Falcon, so don't expect that level of smush. But a major keeper in that it's stiff enough to fill out forms on cheap paper (loaded with Kon Peki), then squish down wet enough to write a letter in something between M & B width without giving me hand cramps.

Long enough between barrel & nib that I'm holding it on the section as I would a 149 or Van Gogh Maxi.

I'm darned well impressed with this pen. It's a keeper. Thanks to Susanna for popping it into shipping first thing.

I'll let others with more time go on about the packaging or demo the flex for you. I've got a lot to do and have a pen that's stiff enough to handle forms, yet soft-nibbed enough to swing from marginalia to dashing off notes.

I'm still an IB, BB, OBB kind of girl for lengthy writing, but this'll do nicely for business use. Hope Marlen gives us more pens like this. They're generally too short for me, but the length on this is perfect. Be nice to see what they could do in a softer nib like their old 14k. For steel, this is impressive.

That was... fast! Glad you like the pen. I totally agree about the versatility of the beast, and I think the Aleph definitely breaks some myths about steel nibs.

amonjak.com

The proportions (longer than usual) must've led me to believe the pen was slimmer.

i noticed that the nib notches on the shoulders helped with flexibility.

looks cool

'The Yo-Yo maneuver is very difficult to explain. It was first perfected by the well-known Chinese fighter pilot Yo-Yo Noritake. He also found it difficult to explain, being quite devoid of English.

So we left it at that. He showed us the maneuver after a sort. B*****d stole my kill.'

-Squadron Leader K. G. Holland, RAF. WWII China.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received a 20% off coupon from Marlen... no doubt, they know how to catch one's attention!! I am very tempted by a second Aleph...

By the way. I'd love to hear other Aleph owners evaluations and we pics, writings and so on.

I make a heavy use of the pen these days, on rotation with my 2Km, andI am still in love. What a pen!! And what a nib!

amonjak.com

Great office pen. Stiff enough to use on carbons, yet handles cheap paper beautifully when loaded with Iroshizuku.

I still won't trade my OBBs for actual writing sessions, but it gives short jotting sessions a certain something.

Mine arrived with missaligned tines. I hope to get it fixed over the weekend when I'm going to a penshow.