Kaweco Italic Replacement Nibs In Al Sport And Sport

davdj0nsn

I have a Kaweco Sport and a Kaweco AL Sport, and I'd like to put italic replacement nibs on both of them. Is that going to work? I think I read somewhere that the replacement italic nibs cannot be put into an AL Sport.

I notice that the Kaweco replacement nibs come with a section. Can you take the feed and nib out of this section and put them into the section that comes with your pen? How do you do that?

Thanks

David.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davdj0nsn

• Uncle Red

• FrankvK

• hot cocoa

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Kaweco Sport and a Kaweco AL Sport, and I'd like to put italic replacement nibs on both of them. Is that going to work? I think I read somewhere that the replacement italic nibs cannot be put into an AL Sport.

I notice that the Kaweco replacement nibs come with a section. Can you take the feed and nib out of this section and put them into the section that comes with your pen? How do you do that?

Thanks

David.

Hi David! You can put italic nibs on both of them, as the nibs that come with either the Sports or the AL Sports are totally interchangeable. I've put an italic nib from a Sport into an AL Sport with no worries.

You can get two types of Kaweco replacement nibs...either the ones with the casing designed to fit the AL Sports or the ones fitted into sections for the Sports. On both replacement nib units, you can remove the nibs and feeds (they are friction fit, so you'll just need to twist/pull them out...I usually grab the top of the nib, bottom of the feed with my finger and thumb and just work them out slowly) and put them in whichever section you want.

Hope that helps!

My Kaweco italic nibs arrived from JetPens today. They don't fit my clear plastic Kaweco Sport. The feeds that come with the italic nibs are longer than the ones that come with my pen and don't fit into the section. I don't know what model these italic nibs are supposed to fit, but they don't go with my pen. I'll try one in my AL Sport when I've finished the current ink cartridge, but comparing the sizes of the nibs and feeds, I am not expecting a different result. Disappointing.

Try the Italic nib with the original feed from the Classic Sport.

Yep, that seems to work. It writes OK, so far. Interesting that the feed on the pen doesn't have any kind of notch for positioning the nib like the one that came with the italic nib. Guess that gives you a bit of flexibility in how you set the pen up.

Couldn't pull the feed and nib out of the AL Sport section at all, despite exerting as much force as I dared. It's stuck in there real good. Does anyone know whether it's supposed to come out at all? Maybe it will come out when I don't have a cartridge in the pen...

Hi David,

Yes, take the cartridge out and you shouldn't have any problem to take out the nib and feed. either with the casing by turning it in or just pull out nib and feed.

Frank

www.fontoplumo.nl

info@fontoplumo.nl

There was a change of nib and feed a few years back - don't remember when. The newer nibs and feeds are not interchangeable with the older ones.

"We may always know what is right but not always what is possible." - John Ruskin

There was a change of nib and feed a few years back - don't remember when. The newer nibs and feeds are not interchangeable with the older ones.

It looks like that is what is happening here. But the nib seems to fit OK over the top of the feed (as per Frank's suggestion), and I haven't had any problems so far.

Still waiting to finish the cartridge in the AL Sport so I can see whether I can pull the feed out of the section once the cartridge is removed.