What Paper Do You Use With Montblanc Ink?

osmel2489

I personaly like to use clairefontaine paper with montblanc ink. I think the paper absorbs the ink very nicely and smooth. I carry around a Rhodia webnotebook everywhere i go and i must say it's my favorite so far.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• meiers

• TTAlex

• Chrissy

I have a Webnotebook at both home and work.

I'm also using an A4 Moleskine and the paper in it seems better than the smaller pads I've had in the past - no bleeding.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

I use Rhodia in A5 size mostly, but many of my MBs have a fine nib so I can get away with writing onthe cheapie Cambridge spiral notebooks supplied by my office. I am trying to get them to order me some Black and Reds as these remind me of working in London.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

In order from best to worst:

Seven Seas Notebook, Tomoe River paper, best by a lot

Tops 3 assignment spiral bound notebook

Tops Composition Book

Montblanc Medium Notebook (surprisingly the worst of the bunch)

The tops i have are made in Vietnam.

I heartily recommend Clairefontaine's Triomphe paper and their envelopes. A quality look and feel to the product.

For letter writing, I rely heavily on the A4-sized pads (lined or unlined) and love the way the paper accommodates my wet writers and/or my flexible nibs, and my dip pen nibs, when using my preferred MB Mystery Black (or Pelikan 4001) ink.

Currently waiting for delivery of 10 x A4 pads from my usual source at the excellent Writing Desk company (happy customer).

Pavoni.

In my experience, MB inks behave well on most everything short of newsprint (and even that, if the nib is fine enough).

MB JFK BB; 100th Anniversary M; Dumas M FP/BP/MP set; Fitzgerald M FP/BP/MP set; Jules Verne BB; Bernstein F; Shaw B; Schiller M; yellow gold/pearl Bohème Pirouette Lilas (custom MB-fitted EF); gold 744-N flexy OBB; 136 flexy OB; 236 flexy OBB; silver pinstripe Le Grand B; 149 F x2; 149 M; 147 F; 146 OB; 146 M; 146 F; 145P M; 162 RB

Crane's 100% cotton in a variety of weights, sizes, finishes, colors and trim. What is the point of an expensive pen when you send something on poor paper?

Btw, nibs with a variety of imperfections can write well on slippery paper like clairefontaine, so I never use such papers to test nibs. Cotton paper is a much better test ime.

Edited by Blade Runner

The only paper worthy to be adorned with Montblanc ink is Montblanc paper.

Any other paper is just not up to the stringent standards set forth by............etc..........etc...........

For notes: Atoma notebooks, A5 and A7. I am addicted to the movable pages and they are perfect with MB ink.

For letters: A while back I started using Step-Forward wheat-straw paper, which I cut to any size required for a letter. It is a pleasure to use with MB ink in any pen. It feels nice while writing and shows a crisp, elegant line. I came to like it better even than Triomphe (which I agree is very good) and some of the more expensive papers now sitting idle in my stationery folder.

Happiness is a real Montblanc...

For my work I use Moleskine exclusively with a medium nibbed 146, and I dont really have a problem with any MB inks. Very little bleed through if any. I typically use Royal Blue, Midnight Blue, Oyster Grey, and somtimes Irish Green. With Rhodia or Clairfontaine I risk getting smudges if I turn the page too fast or accidentally run my hand over the page while I take notes. I never have that problem with Moleskine as the paper absorbs the ink and dries much quicker.

Edited by max dog

Any suggestions for loose leaf paper?

I just got a LeGrand Solitaire with a broad nib, and I use a Circa notebook at work. I have the hole punch, so any letter sized paper is fine, I can make it work .

Thanks,

Toine

A very good and relatively inexpensive 100% cotton paper is Wausau's 32 lb, smooth finish. It's watermark is "Royal Cotton".

Amalfi is gorgeous 100% cotton paper that feels like fabric. Smythson is very good. I read it's a wood/cotton blend, but it's too much $ for me. G.Lalo is good, but not my favorite; I think it's wood pulp paper.

Mostly Levenger Clairfontain paper.

Probably the best paper for my fountain pens.

Try Crane's 32lb kid finish :-)