Need An Ink Recommendation For Mb We Carlo Collodi

DBQMary

I just received a MB WE Carlo Collodi and am looking for recommendations for an ink. Up to this point, my only inks have been black, blue/black and an occasional blue. I am ready to branch out a little, but still not to far... I would like to find a deep, dark, rich brown similar to the color of the pen.

I realize there is a MB Carlo Collodi ink but it appears to be lighter with more orange than the color of the pen. But if anyone does have there pen filled with the matching ink, I would be interested in hearing your opinion too.

Thank you in advance.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DBQMary

• pmhudepo

• chunya

• BrandonA

If you do not find the exact color you're after, you might look into mixing inks. In the ink forum there are many discussions about this, including recipes.

I'm also attracted to dark ink colors, and I intend to try and mix my blue, green and purple inks with black, to see if I can make them darker. But I haven't done that yet, it's still on my to-do list.

Edited by Vlad Soare

Of you find the Collodi a bit too light maybe the Leonardo ink is an option.

I think that one is a lookalike only a bit darker.

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

I discovered Diamine inks, with 80+ colours and in 80ml bottles. I've found a site on UK bay selling them at a very reasonable price and free P&P (not sure if it would be free to you) ... and a great selection of browns.

The inks got a great write up that was posted on a forum a while back.

Try MB toffee brown, great ink. :D

+1

It's darker than the Collodi ink.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Thank you to all. Great suggestions. I am going ink shopping this weekend and will check out each option. The MB Toffee Brown sounds promising. I also found that Goulet Pens sells sample sizes of Diamine inks so I can try several of their browns.

I really appreciate your input.

Thanks

If you like browns, my favorite one is Iroshizuku Yama-guri; is a bit darker than Montblanc Toffee Brown, that I like too.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LSzqXl_JHSo/TZAo7C10S9I/AAAAAAAABZk/SbZD_sgK0gA/s1600/BNS-Pi-Yama-guri.jpg

I apologise for the terrible writing sample, I'd flushed the pen out and just dipped the nib,and the paper isn't brilliant! But I do like these inks,and the service is always exceptional,next day delivery (I am in no way related,affiliated etc) ... Majestic purple is my current favourite,but in the line-up are also Majestic Blue, Wild Strawberry and Soft Mint ( a colour I wasn't sure about until tried it).

Good hunting

fpn_1396012898__dsc04333.jpg

fpn_1396013083__dsc043341.jpg

I like to use Akkerman Bekakt Haags in my MB Carlo Collodi: a very nice, dark brown ink. Not waterproof, but I think it's a very good match to the pen.

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

I like to use Akkerman Bekakt Haags in my MB Carlo Collodi: a very nice, dark brown ink. Not waterproof, but I think it's a very good match to the pen.

Where do you purchase the Akkerman Bekakt Haags ink? I have not heard of that brand and would like to check it out.

Thank you

Where do you purchase the Akkerman Bekakt Haags ink? I have not heard of that brand and would like to check it out.

Thank you

Akkerman ink is sold by PW Akkerman in The Hague, The Netherlands. They also ship world-wide and I believe there is an occasional group-buy organized by FPN members. (Since I live in the Netherlands, I have not participated in such a deal, but have visited the brick-and-mortar store, which is quite a treat for a fountain pen user.)

Thank you pmhuepo I will check out their site. I was hoping to find in US to save shipping. Their ink bottles are really unique. Is there an issue with using the last amount in the bottle?

Thanks to all

Thank you pmhuepo I will check out their site. I was hoping to find in US to save shipping. Their ink bottles are really unique. Is there an issue with using the last amount in the bottle?

Thanks to all

Well, I have one of the older, big bottles and one very new, smaller bottle and neither of them is nearing the last few drops... :-) So, I don't know.