Best Pen Case?

Tomewilkinson

You can go to a local artisan, he can make you a nice pen case. I once went to a shoemaker with a piece of big leather, and he made me a nice pen case :) or you can craft it yourself: you can use some old beat up jeans, cut them, sow... you could make a pen case :)

ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KBeezie

• blackcat99

• Supermassive

• Tomewilkinson

For three pens, I'm a huge fan of Sage Brown's cases (so much so, I have about half a dozen of them). Very well made, lovely leather, practical, come in numerous colours and finishes, and very reasonably priced (£45).

http://www.sagebrown.co.uk/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/E%20LB110%20%20brown%20croc%20inside%20(Custom).jpg

Edited by mongrelnomad

Too many pens; too little writing.

For three pens, I'm a huge fan of Sage Brown's cases (so much so, I have about half a dozen of them). Very well made, lovely leather, practical, come in numerous colours and finishes, and very reasonably priced (£45).

http://www.sagebrown.co.uk/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/E%20LB110%20%20brown%20croc%20inside%20(Custom).jpg

Ohhh.... Very nice!!!

I've found that pen cases specifically for fountain pens are too bulky and conspicuous for my liking. I don't want to pull out a fancy fountain pen case with a flap like the Franklin Christoph cases or Pelikan leather pen cases. A zippered case isn't space efficient, and I just don't like pen wraps (lumpy wierdness and annoying strings). So I went back to the tried and true - pen pouches. The same kind of stuff I've carried my school supplies in since I was five. There's no individual slots so I don't have to carry a specific number of pens, it protects adequately, and is space efficient. I'm going to upgrade my current pouch to the Clairefontaine sheep leather age bag (I'm thinking either the oval or square one). I have individual Aston leather pen slips for my better pens so they don't get scratches from each other and to increase protection.

Of course, this only works if you carry a handful of pens. I usually carry 3 fountain pens at most, along with a gel pen, mechanical pencil, and eraser.

Edited by legume

Aston to store my pens

EDC: Piqudro single and double pen pouch. IMO the hands down best carry pouches. Less bulky than most fountain own cases and accounts for different lengths. Not easy to find and not cheap, but the best design. The only place I've found them is The Pen Place.

http://www.thepenplace.com.au/piquadro-leather-c-56.html?zenid=6234fcc5da2e61efedf93221a6a126a4

I use a Visconti 3 Pen case, but I dislike some things about it because the pens aren't secured by a loop of any sort. This causes smaller pens to rattle around and possibly have ink spill in to the cap while carrying it around. Despite this downside, I would still recommend it for its very durable frame. I would advise only putting your largest pens in this sort of case if it's going to be travelling in your pocket all day.

“I say, if your knees aren’t green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”-Calvin

You can go to a local artisan, he can make you a nice pen case. I once went to a shoemaker with a piece of big leather, and he made me a nice pen case :) or you can craft it yourself: you can use some old beat up jeans, cut them, sow... you could make a pen case :)

I would agree with that. You could design a case for your own needs and had it cut and sewn by the shoe maker. And he can use contrast stiching to make it even more handsome. I will try that. And I remember watching a few videos where the stiching was done by hand using two big needles, it did not seem much challenging

• 2 months later...

+1 for the cigar cases. I just got this and it even fits my Edison Collier.

post-112385-0-36887800-1402519405_thumb.jpg

Another vote for the clam shell eyeglass case. I've never bought one, just collected a few from visually-challenged relatives. I carry three pens every day wrapped in cloth in the glasses case. For added security I sometimes put a rubber band around it. I have had many pens lost or stolen over the years and I would never carry more than three at a time. I have no use for the ten or twenty pen rolls and cases from day to day. At home I have pen stands that I made - the problem they have is the same as cigar tubes, one size does not fit all and pens shouldn't be rattling around.

Edited by Rose Nibs

I recently bought a Pelikan pen case for three pens and am very happy with it. It protects the pens better than my Brunnen penroll which has kept my pens safe. None has been damaged in any way. The only thing I do not like with the Pelikan pen case is that it only takes three pens.

Like someone else here I too use a Montblanc Siena 3 pen case. Its excellent for both appearance and practicality. Excellent. I also have a leather cigar case which does a good job in holding and protecting 2 large pens. I have also seen lovely tan leather cases made by Pilot Somes, I think, on eBay. Very much worth consideration I think.

This is the best pen case on the planet. You can stand on it, throw it against the wall, drop it in the toilet; all with damaging your beloved pens. You can even lock it. It's for cigars too but even a super long Townsend fits.

post-99778-0-62128400-1402528578_thumb.jpg

Edited by lahlahlaw

@arts_nibs

How hard does your case have to be?

Can it be flexible leather or does it need to be a military-grade plastic?

The one I use is a flexible leather one.

http://www.paradisepen.com/catalog/product/view/id/293/s/paradise-pen-flap-triple-pen-case-pp127/category/1032/

I hope this helped.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

This is the best pen case on the planet. You can stand on it, throw it against the wall, drop it in the toilet; all with damaging your beloved pens. You can even lock it. It's for cigars too but even a super long Townsend fits.

attachicon.gif1402528520433.jpg

What is it?

Too many pens; too little writing.

What is it?

I permanently borrowed it from a cigar smoking buddy of mine, its a generic case that he got at some cigar shop here in town. I've been meaning to go by and pick up a few more, I bet I can drive over it and it'll hold up.

@arts_nibs

I have a 6 pen version of this Visconti Dreamtouch i which has been great for heavy use.

I'm a huge fan of the Visconti cases. I have a 1, 6, and 12-pen case. All fantastic.

What is that and where did you get it may I ask? Looks like an Otterbox. Oops, never mind. Saw the reply about the cigar shop. I'll have to look for one. Edited by Mardi13

You can get these on Ebay for under $15...it is made by Black Ops. If you do a search on Ebay for Black Ops cigar case you will see several sellers have them.

David

For so long as one hundred men remain alive,we shall never under any conditions submit to the

domination of the English. It is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but only for liberty, which

no good man will consent to lose but with his life.