Best Pen Case?

Tomewilkinson

Hi!

I'm starting to build my collection, but want to take multiple pens out with me, how ever, as I am a student, I don't want to be lugging around a large case to keep my pens safe.

So what would you guys suggest, I'm after a small(ish) case, which can hold 3 pens which will protect them from becoming scratched or crushed within my bag.

Hopefully something like this exists. If not, anything similar will help. And all answers appreciated.

Many thanks

Tom

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KBeezie

• lahlahlaw

• j.a.j.

• Mardi13

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I purchased a 3 pen case from Franklin-Christoph a few weeks ago and have been very impressed with it. The quality of the leather and the workmanship make the $35. cost of the 3 pen case a really great value. This is the link http://www.franklin-christoph.com/1-2-3-pen-cases.html

As a disclaimer, I have no association with this company - just a very satisfied customer.

Many pen wraps will hold 3-5 pens and they come in a wide range of prices. I have seen them as much as $50 USD and as little as $3.69 USD. Also they are easy to make with a trip to a store that sells cloth

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Vintage-Style-PU-Leather-Pencil-Pen-Case-Cosmetic-Makeup-Bag-Pouch-Pocket-/131051966234?fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I use a 3 pen Montblanc Siena case. Very nice workmanship and it looks great.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

I have two 3-pen wraps and one 2-pen case. The wraps are nice but can be a bit cumbersome to open and close. The 2-pen case is very easy to use and protects the pens better than the wraps. The case is by Franklin Christoph. I highly recommend it.

Edited by pw1224

I use a Brunnen penroll in soft leather for 5 pens. It is very nice but might not protect the pens from being crushed.

Edited by Tanzanite

I just have this cheap 12 pen case holder that I got for around 12 (used, normally see em between 15-30 depending on where you get them).

But yea I'm looking for something nicer, this one is kind of a tight fit, but not too tight (mainly affects the larger brass jinhaos I have). And it fits in the inside pocket of my coat. But I'd like to find something a tad more secure (even if it's for fewer pens) and not something where the pen could just roll right out if I grab a case or wrap wrong.

http://static.karlblessing.com/pens/cheapcase_1280.jpg

Many pen wraps will hold 3-5 pens and they come in a wide range of prices. I have seen them as much as $50 USD and as little as $3.69 USD. Also they are easy to make with a trip to a store that sells cloth

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Vintage-Style-PU-Leather-Pencil-Pen-Case-Cosmetic-Makeup-Bag-Pouch-Pocket-/131051966234?fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en.

That the make-up case turned pen case that you often see saying "Twilight" on it?

That the make-up case turned pen case that you often see saying "Twilight" on it?

Yep! I have 2 of those and they store a good 10 pens at least! (Depends on diametre of pens)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

Yep! I have 2 of those and they store a good 10 pens at least! (Depends on diametre of pens)

I have actually thought bout contacting the sellers the first time I saw them asking if there was an option without the 'twilight' word on them. (Here that word is too much associated with the Twilight movie franchise).

Edited by KBeezie

I have a Rosetta Leather 3-pen case, fits them well, easy to access, protects them well and only cost me about £15 including shipping from the US :D

Hi!

I'm starting to build my collection, but want to take multiple pens out with me, how ever, as I am a student, I don't want to be lugging around a large case to keep my pens safe.

So what would you guys suggest, I'm after a small(ish) case, which can hold 3 pens which will protect them from becoming scratched or crushed within my bag.

Hopefully something like this exists. If not, anything similar will help. And all answers appreciated.

Many thanks

Tom

Try Nook Co. I got a Sassafras and love it. Independent review here. I think they will be selling publicly soon.

You will find a lot of people, including myself, use cigar cases for pens. They work well generally and vary in size, cost and quality as you might expect. My daily pen case now, though, is a 3-pen case from Cross that will hold five pens at a pinch (but be careful lest the two extra ones fall out!)

Got it from ebay. Nicely made and tough; got another for my wife (single pen) and a second for myself. Not too expensive.

Try Nook Co. I got a Sassafras and love it. Independent review here. I think they will be selling publicly soon.

I'll second this. I have a Hightower and love it.

I got 99 plumoj but a BIC ain't one. HIT ME!!!

Third in the motion for the HighTower. Just got this last week and love it. Now, if only Nock Co. Can add a velcro strap on the side to keep the bifold closed, then it would be simply dreamy.