2014 San Francisco Pen Show

FarmBoy

It is my pleasure to announce this year's SF Pen Show. The important details:

2014 San Francisco Pen Show
August 22-24, 2014
www.sfpenshow.com

More details:

The 2014 San Francisco Pen Show will be held August 22-24, 2014 at the Sofitel San Francisco Bay Hotel in Redwood City, CA. This three day show will feature a trader and dealer day on Friday followed by two general public days. The newly renovated Sofitel is located 15 minutes south of the San Francisco International Airport and overlooks the San Francisco Bay. A free courtesy shuttle is available to the hotel from San Francisco International Airport. For the show, the hotel is offering a special rate of $129(+ tax) with free in room Wi-Fi.

Todd

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmBoy

• JonSzanto

• Finalist

• ac12

Thanks to the folks who are making this happen!

We're taking two tables and bringing a big mix of vintage, new old stock and new pens. Expect some freebies at the Peyton Street Pens tables, and special show prices for Rangas and Dukes.

Thank you thank you!

Teri

• 3 weeks later...

Who's going?

My wife and I are going, check has been sent in.

Now the anxious wait till August.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Exciting stuff. Already doing good deeds around the house to ensure I can go with a fist full of cash and the wife's blessing.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Exciting stuff. Already doing good deeds around the house to ensure I can go with a fist full of cash and the wife's blessing.

Most dealers will take plastic...

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Most dealers will take plastic...

not as much fun, plus the less limited nature of plastic makes it harder to say no. :lol:

Wise, Zaddick, on all counts.

I should send in a general attendee for a day and go admire all the shiny. Not sure I'll have any need by then, as I'm feeling as if I have all the pens I can use.

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

Lou,

Think of it like a candy shop. The PPPC mini-show that we went to in Pacifica on steroids.

....droooool :puddle: :puddle:

Time to expand your collection.

You need a Touchdown to go with your Snorkel, and maybe a Targa for the inlaid nib ;)

My wife and I paid for the trader pass, so we can go in early. I just have to learn to make a quick decision, and not THINK for a long time trying to make up my mind. :wacko:

I'm saving my pennies ... better make that saving my quarters.

www.SFPenShow.com

It sounds like many good things.

I have a Touchdown... I got a couple at the PPPC show. And a lever-filler.

But a Targa or Imperial... or a "51" in Medium... or a sparkly Vacumatic... or a Pelikan... or a century old eyedropper....

... my housemates think I'm crazy. :)

Yes, I'll have to go. Not sure my collection requires the trader pass, but I'll be there.

Are you getting a room at the hotel so you can be there the moment the doors open?

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

No, I live maybe 5 miles from the hotel.

So we will drive in early.

www.SFPenShow.com

If I can change my flight without too big a hit to my wallet, then I will be there - driving in from near-enough by.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

... I'm feeling as if I have all the pens I can use.

Don't worry, that feeling will soon pass.

... I just have to learn to make a quick decision, and not THINK for a long time trying to make up my mind. :wacko:

Feel free to take your time. I am happy to swoop in while you stare. :lol:

This will be me -> :bunny01:

this will be you -> :gaah:

OK, just some good natured ribbing. My wife can tell you i actually take for-freakin-ever to make a decision. Thank goodness for mobile phones so she has something to do while I stare at pens.

<script src="http://local.ptron/WindowOpen.js"></script>

Feel free to take your time. I am happy to swoop in while you stare. :lol:

This will be me -> :bunny01:

this will be you -> :gaah:

OK, just some good natured ribbing. My wife can tell you i actually take for-freakin-ever to make a decision. Thank goodness for mobile phones so she has something to do while I stare at pens.

Unfortunately that has happened to me more than once.

The last time was me taking forever to decide to buy a WHITE Lamy Joy. And by then, most of the US dealers were sold out, and I had to pay premium price (MSRP) and no converter rather than the discounted price (with converter) that I could have paid a couple months before.

www.SFPenShow.com

A question on show etiquette - I am hoping to buy a pen or two and perhaps get one of my current pens adjusted. Friday would be the best day for me, so can I buy a trade ticket and do the things I want on Friday? Or is the trade time exclusively for people planning to take a table and trade?

I always go the first day possible. A Trader Pass allows you to come and go all days. You may purchase as many pens as you want with the pass.

If I can change my flight without too big a hit to my wallet, then I will be there - driving in from near-enough by.

Wow, pretty good news Lisa, do not forget your camera.

• 2 weeks later...

SF Pen Show update from FPGeeks:

We expect to have over 80 exhibitors. Among them will be three nibmeisters. John Mottishaw, Mike Masuyama, and Greg Minuskin are all planning to attend. Susan Wirth and Susan Thom will hold seminars on Saturday and Sunday. We are working on several more seminars so stay tuned for more news.

www.SFPenShow.com

• 2 weeks later...